Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello All,

Will this Super Mini ELM327 v1.5 OBD2 OBDII Bluetooth Adapter Work with my 2013 SL?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Mini-ELM327-v1-5-OBD2-OBDII-Bluetooth-Adapter-Auto-Scanner-TORQUE-ANDROID-/370865809022?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item565953267e" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm a big guy and I need the slimmest version available so it won't hit my legs.

If you know of a thinner one please let me know.

Thanks!

Sal

Lasareath said:
Hello All,

Will this Super Mini ELM327 v1.5 OBD2 OBDII Bluetooth Adapter Work with my 2013 SL?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Mini-ELM327-v1-5-OBD2-OBDII-Bluetooth-Adapter-Auto-Scanner-TORQUE-ANDROID-/370865809022?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item565953267e" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm a big guy and I need the slimmest version available so it won't hit my legs.

If you know of a thinner one please let me know.

Thanks!

Sal

Best way to keep it away from your legs is to install an extension cable for the port. I'd suggest a right-angle version, about 18", so you can put the OBDII in the center console. That way you can still see the activity lights.

I am getting ready to release the next versions of the app (v.28)

Next features and fixes.

* Auto switching to Port 16 if Port 1 is found to be used by Bluetooth Hands-Free device
* Screen 1 portrait mode QC & L1/L2 counts now have labels
* If connection to Leaf is interrupted for more than 30 seconds app will disable keeping the screen active. When you leave your Leaf the app will no longer try to keep the screen active. After 30 seconds your normal display timeout settings will take affect and turn the screen off after your selected timeout. This is all conditional on having the "Stay Awake" checkbox checked.

I should have this up for beta testing tomorrow.

=================================
Update: Uploaded and ready for beta testing
To become a Google beta tester email me your email address.

Feature Request if possible.
Hello Jim,
Would it be possible to record the cell voltages screen as a separate video file/animated gif?
I am really liking Leaf Spy and have noticed what I consider to be strange behavior when viewing the cell voltage bar graphs.
I would like to have a visual record to show/share.
Thanks again for a wonderful app.
Ty

babynuke said:
Feature Request if possible.
Hello Jim,
Would it be possible to record the cell voltages screen as a separate video file/animated gif?
I am really liking Leaf Spy and have noticed what I consider to be strange behavior when viewing the cell voltage bar graphs.
I would like to have a visual record to show/share.
Thanks again for a wonderful app.
Ty
You could try logging at the max sample rate. That will create a csv file you can import to Excel and graph the cell voltages. You will need to use absolute value function around voltage as voltages are set to negative if the shunt is active.

The color used for Yellow is not correct and is too light on a white background. There is a darker version that should have been used for the initial default.

To get it go to Settings/Screen and do a long press on the "Reset Temperature Colors" button. This will load the correct defaults.

Hello Jim,
How do I transfer the purchased Leaf Spy app from my active phone to an inactive phone. I have not been able to find an apk file on my active phone. I would like to use my old inactive phone for monitoring and free up my active phone.
I tried to download the Leaf Spy Lite onto the inactive phone through a wifi connection to test it, but keep getting a server error message.
Thanks in advance!
Ty

babynuke said:
Hello Jim,
How do I transfer the purchased Leaf Spy app from my active phone to an inactive phone. I have not been able to find an apk file on my active phone. I would like to use my old inactive phone for monitoring and free up my active phone.
I tried to download the Leaf Spy Lite onto the inactive phone through a wifi connection to test it, but keep getting a server error message.

APKs aren't stored for things downloaded from the Play store. In order to get it on your other device just make sure the account you bought the app on is logged in to the Play store. Head to the app's store page and you should be able to install without paying again.

If you are having trouble reaching the Play store then there may be an issue on Google's end right now although I can reach the store from my device with no issues.

Getting the same error message as before:
"Leaf Spy" could not be downloaded due to an error. (Error retrieving information from server.[RPC:S-5:AEC-0])
???
Ty

Thanks, Turbo. Neat, I like it. Twelve bucks for the OBD adapter, fifteen for the app - I'm happy as a clam.
Had a little trouble with tire registration - required a lot more than three minutes of driving, but finally took. All is good.

Wish I had a similar app for the Tesla.

OK. Finally got Leaf Spy onto the inactive phone.
The google account was on the inactive phone, but was not listed in the approved devices on the goggle website.
In order to erase and reenter the google account, I had to factory reset the inactive phone, then add the google account to it, then download the app.
All is working now.
Ty

I got the BT adapter today and tested it out and it works! Thanks!

Left the seller positive feedback as follows:

Do you like the feedback I left?

LEAF_SPY_PRO.png

LEAFfan said:
The problem with this mini is it isn't easy to open so it can be switched from 'always on' to switched Power (pin16 to pin 8).

Doesn't it turn off when the LEAF is off?, I had it on and connected to the App and when I turned off my LEAF the connection was severed between the car and my smartphone.

Lasareath said:
I got the BT adapter today and tested it out and it works! Thanks!

Left the seller positive feedback as follows:

Do you like the feedback I left?

LEAF_SPY_PRO.png

LEAFfan said:
The problem with this mini is it isn't easy to open so it can be switched from 'always on' to switched Power (pin16 to pin 8).

Doesn't it turn off when the LEAF is off?, I had it on and connected to the App and when I turned off my LEAF the connection was severed between the car and my smartphone.

That's likely because the car turned off so it stopped responding. Likely the lights on the dongle are still on and your phone is still connected to the dongle.

Lasareath said:
LEAFfan said:

No, the red Power light stays on unless it's taken apart and you switch your pins. I believe this info is in the LEAF BA Wiki (now LEAF SPY).

Back