Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have added an option to the Settings/Battery panel to select the Wh per Gid value. The range is 75 to 80 in 0.5 units.

Keep in mind that this number is only used to calculate DTE when you do not select the "Alt DTE calc" option. If you select the Alternate method it uses Tony Williams' formula which has a fixed Wh per Gid. Tony spent a lot of time coming up with this number so it does not make sense to allow it to be changed.

The Wh per Gid number you can change is always used to calculate the kWh remaining number displayed to the left of the Wh used number.

Once I add in the option to control the auto resetting of the Wh used counter I will release these two changes as version 0.28.9.

Question: I have two Android phones, one for work and one for business (don't ask). I have Leaf Spy Pro installed on my personal phone but sometimes I do not have that in the car, only my business phone. Is there a way to install it on my other phone at the same time without buying it twice?

Thanks!

Yes, just sign in using the same account you used to purchase the original.

I have three devices for testing and I only had to buy one copy of Leaf Spy and one copy of Leaf Spy Pro to get them both on all three devices.

Yes, even I had to pay if I wanted the automatic update feature of Play Store.

Jim

By the time one pays state Sales tax, and self-employed
Social Security (15%) and CA state income tax (10%)
and federal income tax (35%) there is only about 26% left!
(plus or minus a bit, of course)

And then another 10% goes to sales tax if you buy goods.

However, we have our freedom... no, wait, the Patriot Act
took that as well. :eek: (sound and smell of animal exhaust)

Apologies if the above overly shocked or offended anybody.

garygid said:
By the time one pays state Sales tax, and self-employed
Social Security (15%) and CA state income tax (10%)
and federal income tax (35%) there is only about 26% left!
(plus or minus a bit, of course)

And then another 10% goes to sales tax if you buy goods.

However, we have our freedom... no, wait, the Patriot Act
took that as well. :eek: (sound and smell of animal exhaust)

Apologies if the above overly shocked or offended anybody.

Sales tax would be paid by the customer and a more realistic marginal tax rate is 25% so more like 40%. But the real trick is that assuming there is not already another business paying for expenses a lot of costs can now be deducted before self employment and state/federal income taxes that otherwise were not. So computers, home office, internet, materials and supplies, mileage, etc. such that the remaining profit is significantly less than the actual cash increase. I'd say he'll get to keep at least 50% the amount charged if it doesn't sell too insanely and he has a decent amount of additional expenses.

Just uploaded a new version 0.28.9 which should be available in about 2 hours for download.

Features/Bug Fix
* Fixed a long standing bug where the back key or menu key would not work.
* Added Settings/Battery option to change Wh per Gid. Default is 77.5 Wh per Gid
* Added Settings/Battery option to change how Wh used counter gets reset (manual or auto)
* Added option to display Speed and Altitude instead of RPM/Amps on screen 4. Just enable GPS in Settings/Logging panel. You do not need to enable data logging just check the Enable GPS box. Once a valid speed and altitude have been received from GPS the RPM/Amps will be replaced by Speed/Altitude. For now it is in MPH and feet. But next version will use Units setting for km/hr and meters.

I am thinking of adding an altitude graph with maybe a "Gids used" overlay.

================================
4:49 PM New versions of Leaf Spy Pro and Leaf Spy are available for download/update.

Is there a specific way to lock the display on a particular page/screen?
I seem to be doing it by accident at times, but nothing consistent.
I would like to have the Leaf Spy stay on the battery voltages screen.
Thanks!
Ty

There is only a way to lock orientation.

If you tap the bottom left half of the status area (page indicators to version number area) you will step to the next screen. A long tap will step back.

Are you touching this area of the screen?

Turbo3, perhaps you can answer this question about why the Battery Aging Model and Leaf Spy give a different answer about actual capacity loss. See first and second posts at this link:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=14275&start=181" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They should be the same, since the Battery Aging Model assumes 66.25 AH for a new Leaf battery.

No matter what the name of my program it always reads the same three bytes from the Leaf for the Ah value and displays it. I don't know anything about a "Battery Aging Model". The app just displays the raw data from the Leaf. What you see is what I get.

The statement that all new Leaf batteries start with 66.25 Ah is almost surely not correct. I have one person reporting less than 58 Ah on a new Leaf with 2000 miles. I have also seen higher values.

The default max Ah used by the app to calculate percent is 65.6. But each user should adjust this to match their Leaf's actual value. This of course makes more sense when you have a new Leaf and you can read it. For an older Leaf you would need to make an estimate or just use your current value.

Turbo3 said:
Post subject: Re: Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro (previously Leaf Battery App) Reply with quote
No matter what the name of my program it always reads the same three bytes from the Leaf for the Ah value and displays it. I don't know anything about a "Battery Aging Model". The app just displays the raw data from the Leaf. What you see is what I get.

The statement that all new Leaf batteries start with 66.25 Ah is almost surely not correct. I have one person reporting less than 58 Ah on a new Leaf with 2000 miles. I have also seen higher values.

I used the ELM327 and the Batt App to check a 2013 LEAF with about 4000 miles on Sept. 25, and the reading showed 67.36 Ah. I have also seen values less than 60 Ah on a 2013 LEAF. So I agree with turbo3, there is no one set value.

Turbo3 said:
Battery Aging Model is here:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/wiki/index.php?title=Battery_Capacity_Loss#Battery_Aging_Model" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Info on calibrating the Battery Aging Model and latest version is here:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=14275" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The default max Ah used by the app to calculate percent is 65.6. But each user should adjust this to match their Leaf's actual value. This of course makes more sense when you have a new Leaf and you can read it. For an older Leaf you would need to make an estimate or just use your current value.
The default used to be 66.25 hours, curious why you changed it to 65.6. The model has to use a default since we don't have the individual values on 2+ year old Leafs.

Here is the request from TickTock to make the change. This was back in August. Go back to page 207 of the original Battery topic to see it. It was implemented in 0.26m2 with code to force everyone updating to this new value.

I can't answer were the 101.98 came from, but I would like to request/suggest we change the reference to 65.6Ah=100% to avoid confusion. 65.6 is what the 2013's (and 2011/2012 after s/w update) call 100% SOH and it would be nice to avoid having to clarify which scale we mean when we quote a SOH/%cap value. Since we can't change the one built into the car, I propose we change the ones in all the canbus devices. 67.56Ah, then, would become 103%.

Turbo3 said:
Are you touching this area of the screen?

Hello Jim,
Yes. What is puzzling right now is that sometimes I can get the voltages screen to stay on, but most of the time it reverts back to the main screen.
Perhaps it is my big finger on that itty bitty screen. I am going to try using a stylus next.
Ty

I think I figured out what's going on there - if you are on the screen with the tire pressures, then you have one tire that's low, it will keep jumping back to that screen. If you click on the pressures to change to temperature, then jump over there to the voltage screen, it stays there. Also, on my HTC Rezound, it seems like it's hard to 'swipe away' from that temperature screen over to the next screen in any case.

If a tire pressure alarm goes off you will be forced to screen 4. To stop this you must tap the tire pressure area to clear the alarm. The center text in the tire pressure area flashes Red when it is active. After you tap it it will not flash Red again and you will not be forced to screen 4.

If the tire pressure alarm goes off you should either put air in the tire or set a lower pressure/higher delta so the alarm does not go off.

It would be good to get some of these details into the Spy WiKi,
and provide an active link to it on the app's About screen,
especially since LEAF Spy has gone public.

I guess it is time for me to try lite and buy pro to test them out.
Done.

Presumably, if I also want to test the "non-pro" version, I need to buy
that also, because buying the Pro version does not let me also get
other paid version, right?

Back