LEAF wreck. Oh, the horror!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Power is measured in HORSE power.

Power is applied to jet engines with "throttles" or "throttle levers"

That peddle you stomp on to go fast... GAS peddle.

I personally think we lose a little bit of history with every "accurate", generally acronym encoded, new name.

garygid said:
If somebody seriously wants to bid on this LEAF,
you can PM me, since I believe I have Robert Hill's address.

A great opportunity to get all the important pieces on a test bench!

It just takes money, space, time, and the interest. :D

I'd buy it for the right price. If you can get me his insurance company, I'll see where the auction will be.

mwalsh said:
TonyWilliams said:

Where I come from, that peddle has always been called the accelerator. Which, giving it thought, is a far more appropriate terminology for the modern age.

To be fully modern, it needs an acronym:

Human Interface Device for Vehicle Acceleration and Regeneration

HIDVAR

Your foot should be a:

HIDAA (attached appendage)

Your brain is:

HIDENC (electro-neuron center)

TonyWilliams said:
mwalsh said:
TonyWilliams said:

Where I come from, that peddle has always been called the accelerator. Which, giving it thought, is a far more appropriate terminology for the modern age.

To be fully modern, it needs an acronym:

Human Interface Device for Vehicle Acceleration and Regeneration

HIDVAR

Your foot should be a:

HIDAA (attached appendage)

Your brain is:

HIDENC (electro-neuron center)

Tony, you've been spending too much time with Garygid. :lol: :lol:

mwalsh said:
TonyWilliams said:

Ok, just to be a d%@$ here, where I come from, they call those things "pedals". :lol:

lpickup said:
mwalsh said:
TonyWilliams said:

Ok, just to be a d%@$ here, where I come from, they call those things "pedals". :lol:

Crap*.... a spelling error !!!!

Yes, I concur. Your "pedal" is my HIDVAR.

*reference to one "Thomas Crapper", a man.

smkettner said:
Nekota said:
I wonder if the process of turning caused the back of the bus to swing into the traffic lane, guessing from the picture there is a center turn lane. And you know that left window post does obstruct the view at just the wrong place too. It might be easier to happen than you think...
+1 the front bumper looks intact. Good chance he was illegally passing on the right and the back end swung out a grabbed the front fender.
+1. Scary.

Is there really a good chance that the public will be able to bid on this, or is it likely Nissan will cut a private deal with the insurance company to keep it out of the hands of the MNL sharks ? I would vote to keep the electrical drive train together for analysis.

I'll bet that it would have made the news, but the angle that would have been played up would have been the age of the driver.

DTB said:
I wonder if this would have made news if it wasn't a LEAF? If it was a different car would the title be, "Gas Car Collides with School Bus"?

mwalsh said:
TonyWilliams said:

My Dad always called it "The Exhilarator". I guess he liked driving more than he let on. :p

Well, we are still "typing" when we use our computer keyboards even though there is no more type, and our telephones still "ring" even though there is no more bell.

TonyWilliams said:

Yodrak said:
Well, we are still "typing" when we use our computer keyboards even though there is no more type, and our telephones still "ring" even though there is no more bell.

TonyWilliams said:

I raise a toast* to all ye who shall find oddities in our English language.

*custom in the 17th century, based on a custom of flavoring drinks with spiced toast.

I propose we make "Gas" in "Gas pedal" an acronym. :lol:

How about the Go Anywhere Swiftly pedal?
=Smidge=

If that Leaf goes up for auction, I'm definitely interested! Excellent research tool that way I can stop dismantling mine!

If anyone gets in contact with Robert Hill, Let him know he should choose the buyback option if it's reasonable, as I'll make it worth his while!

-Phil

Back