LEAFSCAN™ - The Ultimate Instrument for your LEAF!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks awesome. Can it be programmed to show miles on the odometer while it is asleep/car is off? I hate having to turn the car on to get the odometer reading.

Will installing LS in the glasses-holder and nicely hiding the cable be a struggle with the OBD connector on one end of the cable, and the LS on the other end?

However, I like the location.

Might the LS get too hot there in the summer sun?

Definitely interested. Maybe, a quicker way to update the status of your development and ordering process would be to change the thread name and add the price, then, "pre-orders open" when the time comes.

Thank you Phill, great work.

amtoro said:
Definitely interested. Maybe, a quicker way to update the status of your development and ordering process would be to change the thread name and add the price, then, "pre-orders open" when the time comes.

Thank you Phill, great work.

That will make the moderators unhappy. BTDT.

Businesses / Products / Offers for Sale
Posting of products, sale offers, discount codes, promotions, new product releases or purchasing information in general is strictly limited to the Business Ads, Deals, Sales, and Want To Buy section. Any posts of this sort found elsewhere on the forum will be deleted. We reserve the right to ban/delete/edit the posts and the user accounts that are found in violation of these terms.
This does not apply to posts offering support for products or services your company offers. When in doubt, contact us first.

Ingineer said:
. . . (Also looking for someone to assist with injection molding case design, die creation, and a decent production molding shop)-Phil
These folks have an in-house capability that they have used for years to mold connectors and holders for aviation GPS devices they market. To make the most of their investments, they also take outside work. http://fastplastics.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Hope it works for you so the final price to me will be as low as possible. ;) :lol:

(My apologies in advance to everyone if this info is already contained in one of the 19 pages of posts. I've only read the first few pages and have to get offline now. Only Phil can generate so much response in so little time!)

garygid said:
Will installing LS in the glasses-holder and nicely hiding the cable be a struggle with the OBD connector on one end of the cable, and the LS on the other end?

However, I like the location.

Might the LS get too hot there in the summer sun?

I'm not sure about you, but for me the glasses-holder partially blocks my rear view when it is down. I can still see, but it is really annoying. I've used it to hold my phone when I had a wired headset attached. I would not recommend this location...but that is just me.

No, I agree. When the Mrs. has it down to get the glasses cleaning cloth we keep there, I find it highly annoying since it blocks about half of my rear mirror view.

palmermd said:
I'm not sure about you, but for me the glasses-holder partially blocks my rear view when it is down. I can still see, but it is really annoying. I've used it to hold my phone when I had a wired headset attached. I would not recommend this location...but that is just me.

Logging features like the CarChip product from Davis would be nice

http://www.carchip.com/Products/8226.asp

Features I valued/used.

Accident log - last 20secs of travel (fine detail of speed and braking, good black box in case you need evidence)
Monitor engine parameters every 5 secs. (Gas car I monitored air temp, coolant temp etc).
Log engine error codes, date and time it tripped, other parameters that would help determine the root cause.

Would be good in an EV to monitor battery temp, outside temp, soc, speed, regen and be able to chart the data in excel or whatever or each trip you take so you can see what driving habits regen the most or use the least etc..

Awesome :) I`ll happily pay full price up front, including shipping to Norway.

Ingineer said:
To be clear: I do NOT want deposits at this time. We are working hard to finalize hardware and determine costs, and which number of units we will make initially. This is tricky, which is why I asked for feedback on other potential options. If people can pre-order (not yet!) that will give us an idea of how many units we can afford to make, and the more we make, the cheaper they are. I cannot give any numbers at this time, please understand that. I'd like to ask that people spend a few minutes reading the thread instead of having me stop working to answer the same stuff over and over.

Thanks!

-Phil

I am interested. :)

Jim

Ingineer said:
To be clear: I do NOT want deposits at this time. We are working hard to finalize hardware and determine costs, and which number of units we will make initially. This is tricky, which is why I asked for feedback on other potential options. If people can pre-order (not yet!) that will give us an idea of how many units we can afford to make, and the more we make, the cheaper they are. I cannot give any numbers at this time, please understand that. I'd like to ask that people spend a few minutes reading the thread instead of having me stop working to answer the same stuff over and over.

Thanks!

-Phil

I am interested. :)

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back