lease return of a damaged LEAF

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ljwobker

So not *really* leaf specific, but I figure someone here has to have background on this. My wife was driving our 2012 leased LEAF today and was hit by someone else - damage looks significant but almost certainly not totaled. We were thinking about turning the car back in anyway, but does the collision change anything here? Or is the correct way to handle this just to get it repaired (was the other driver's fault and their insurance will end up paying for the repairs, etc)...

When I turn the car back in do I need to do anything differently because it was damaged? I'm assuming that as long as it's repaired back to equivalent state, that Nissan doesn't care that it was repaired?

Correct. Go through the normal procedure to have it repaired and turn it in at the normal time. NMAC would only be involved if the car gets totaled, although they may be notified by the insurance company about the accident and repair. If for some reason it doesn't pass NMACs inspection when you try to return it and the reason turns out to be the accident, then you'd have to go back to the insurance company and get the problem fixed before you could turn it in.

Back