Lennox SunSource Home Energy System

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcesare

I'm doing research to replace my home's 25 year old HVAC.
I came across the Lennox SunSource Home Energy System, which allows solar panels to plug directly into the unit. Anyone have any personal knowledge of this system?
http://www.lennox.com/pdfs/brochures/SunSource_Home_Energy_System.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's just a gimmick. I don't know which panels they're using, but the they're using Enphase microinverters and an Envoy unit for monitoring. There's nothing unique about it except the Lennox brand name. It's just the same setup I got from my solar installer.

I heard first time about microinverters, what is it & how it works ? It will be nice of you to tell me about it !

Look at water to air based heat pumps using a closed water loop buried in the ground. Sometimes they are called geothermal heat pumps but they offer improved thermal efficiency. Be aware the ground water loop will add cost but is recovered by reduced electrical demand with some of these heat pumps having COP of 4.6 which means 1 KW will produce 4.6KW of heat output (3.6 KW of heat pumped and the 1 KW electricity of work). Air heat exchangers lose COP as the outside air temperature drops while the ground based water loop follows the temperature where it's buried.

Back