Less than 100 full California rebates remaining

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you apply before you close the deal then the application submitted on line will be rejected and you get to start over.
Now if you apply in the morning and get the car bought and registration done that afternoon who would know? There is no time stamp that I know of.

I would be tempted to camp out at the dealer and wait for the delivery truck as long as the 5k rebates were available. But they will be gone this weekend. Then you are on a wait list for $2500 in next fiscal year's funding.

mxp said:
LALeaf said:
TNleaf said:
So you can consider me a California Rebate (CVRP) newbie, but I have a question. Does the purchase of the car have to be from California? Or for instance, let's say a dealer in Arizona had an orphan, could someone from CA purchase from that dealer and still be eligible for the California rebate?
Call this guy:

Kyle Goedert
Program Assistant, Transportation
California Center for Sustainable Energy
8690 Balboa Ave, Suite 100
San Diego, CA 92123-1502
858.244.4877 phone

Kyle is extremely helpful and should know the answer.

Well I called and he specifically said "you can submit an application only if take delivery on the day"

I thought one could submit online,and mail in the papers later... up to say 10 days or so right?

My delivery is June 23, and I just checked with Nissan who said the vehicle was "invoiceed by dealer" and will be on a delivery truck for June 20.

Am I SOL for the rebate?

So Kyle did say you could purchase a car out of state and still qualify for the rebate? Only if you submit your application on the day you take delivery?

I'm not in California, so I'm the California rebate doesn't even apply to me, but I do know of an orphan Black SL-e with the ECO package here in TN. Depending on the cost of delivery (I'd assume it'd be in the range of $850 since that's what we get charged for destination fees), it would seem like paying closer to MSRP for the car now, and guaranteeing that you get the $5,000 rebate would be worth it. Assuming that would qualify for the rebate.

date on the web application with CVRP must match the date on the dealer paperwork giving date of sale.
you cant file web on 6/16 and submit paperwork that shows the sale on 6/17.

Jimmydreams said:
The date on your registration and purchase/lease paperwork MUST match the date of your rebate form or else they will reject your rebate paperwork and make you file again. You can NOT submit on-line on a date OTHER than the day you take buy/lease your car.

Thanks Jimmy, and everyone else who chimed in to clarify my question.

Looks like I have to surrender to the fact that I will not get the $5k and hope the $2.5k will get approved.

:-(

mxp said:
...Looks like I have to surrender to the fact that I will not get the $5k and hope the $2.5k will get approved.

:-(
David from CCSE has made it quite clear that it's in no danger...
Center4Energy said:
We can assure you that when you apply for a rebate and are entered into the waiting list, you will be eligible for the reduced rebate amount at $2,500. The funding for the CVRP comes from legislation that was signed into law in 2007. It would be very difficult and therefore highly unlikely for this funding to be cut off, even considering the financial situation of the state.

That being said, the disbursement of the CVRP funding is dependent on the state budget passing. Meaning, the Air Resources Board will not be able to spend any money until the budget has been completed. While we hope that the program will be refunded in September, it could be delayed due to the budget. If it is delayed, we will still be processing rebates and entering individuals information into the waiting list.

Please, feel free to post any questions or need for clarification on this thread or by emailing me directly.

Best,

David Almeida
Program Manager, Clean Vehicle Rebate Project

California Center for Sustainable Energy
8690 Balboa Ave., Suite 100
San Diego, CA 92123-1502
858.244.1190 phone
858.244.1178 fax
http://www.energycenter.org web

Estimated Remaining CVRP Funding
$ 119,929 = 25 LEAFs

7:02pm - 6:16pm = 46 minutes = 0.76 hour.
25 - 30 = -5 LEAFs

-5 LEAFs / 0.76 hour = -7 LEAFs / Hour !!!! :eek: ;)

I just orphaned my Silver SL with quickcharge port at Fontana Nissan. If you run over there right now, you might still get in on the 5000 rebate.

good luck to whoever gets it. Was a tough decision for me to orphan it.

neoplasticity said:
I just orphaned my Silver SL with quickcharge port at Fontana Nissan. If you run over there right now, you might still get in on the 5000 rebate.

If it's not personal, could you share why you orphaned it?

Glenn

I just called Fontana and they are selling this one but at $2000 ABOVE MSRP. Hardly worth it if you are getting one in the next few days and are pretty sure we will still get the $2500. Thanks for letting the forum know, though!

Glenn said:
neoplasticity said:

If it's not personal, could you share why you orphaned it?

Glenn

yeah, no problem. Not personal at all. I have a family of four and currently have two vehicles. A small single cab pickup truck and a minivan. I was going to get the leaf to supplement the two vehicles but my minivan is on the fritz and I need to replace it. Now the pickup truck cannot hold my whole family and the leaf would not be able to take me to LA or the beach (about 80 miles one way) which I do almost every other weekend. So I'm going to have to buy a regular car to replace the minivan. I just don't have the finances to buy a regular car AND the leaf. Now if the leaf had a range of 200 miles that would my weekend trips doable, I would've gotten it. and i would've just rented a car for any longer trips which are rare. But as it is, the leaf is many a around town car and I can't really rent a car every other weekend. So that's the reason.

TNleaf said:
So Kyle did say you could purchase a car out of state and still qualify for the rebate? Only if you submit your application on the day you take delivery?
Correct. You need to be first registered owner in CA of a new eligible EV car. Personal experience.

neoplasticity said:
Glenn said:
neoplasticity said:

If it's not personal, could you share why you orphaned it? Glenn
yeah, no problem. Not personal at all. I have a family of four and currently have two vehicles. A small single cab pickup truck and a minivan. I was going to get the leaf to supplement the two vehicles but my minivan is on the fritz and I need to replace it. Now the pickup truck cannot hold my whole family and the leaf would not be able to take me to LA or the beach (about 80 miles one way) which I do almost every other weekend. So I'm going to have to buy a regular car to replace the minivan. I just don't have the finances to buy a regular car AND the leaf. Now if the leaf had a range of 200 miles that would my weekend trips doable, I would've gotten it. and i would've just rented a car for any longer trips which are rare. But as it is, the leaf is many a around town car and I can't really rent a car every other weekend. So that's the reason.
Thanks for taking the time to let us know. Vehicle replacements are a once every 5 - 10 year kind of thing that are a significant personal / family investment. Hopefully Nissan will keep making some good electrics, and we'll work on the infratstructure and adoption. In 6 years, your situation may change, and maybe you'll be on the first to get a LEAF generation 3, or some other plug in vehicle! Hopefully we'll make the next 10 years so they aren't the famine of plug in vehicles like we had from 2002 to 2011!

Nissan's let's make this a sustainable business, as opposed to the fallacious attitude of auto maker's from the past 10 years that there's no demand we can't do it suggests there'll be plug in cars, and better ones 5 to 10 years from now when you need your next vehicle replacement. Again, thanks for letting us know!

Purchased on 5/12 and submitted online; sent the paperwork the next day.
Got my $5,000 check today, 6/17!

Thank you California Center for Sustainable Energy!

Back