Leviton evr-green Installation Kit

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chocomonsters

I cannot find availability date or price on evr-green 160 yet. However, Evr-green installation kit for home chargin station is available on Leviton store for already for $79.99 (actually with 20% off for Father's day with DADDYS11 code).

http://store.leviton.com/Pre-Wiring-Kit-Electric-Vehicle-Products/b/2673930011?ie=UTF8&title=Pre%20Wiring%20Kit

Now, shall I go ahead and order it? It is only 16amp unit running on 20 amp breaker but should be adequate for Leaf and maybe upgrade to evr-green 320 later for future EV. Does it mean I should get 40 amp breaker or 20 amp breaker?

The 160 is matched to the 2011 LEAFs builtin 3.3KW charger. The 320 offers no increased charging for a 2011 model LEAF. Nissan said the 2012 model will have a 6.6KW charger in the car which would use the 320. You will need the larger breaker along with larger wiring for the 360 vs the 160.

I recommend you *not* purchase the install kit until the charger is also available. The promised charger delivery date has slipped many, many times, and is always a month or two in the future (since last fall). I installed the kit, and now wish I'd waited. If you need a L2 charger, there are a few other options available now. If you can get by on L1 charging, there will be more options available by the fall.

- Bob

I saw your other posting to eMaS regarding his Leviton 160. Did you hear back from him? So is Leviton 160 available through some secret source? :shock:

I also am waiting for the 160. I will not buy the install kit until I can order all of it.
Even if battery power is doubled and charging power is doubled in the future it is my opinion that the 160 will still be more than adequate for use at home when a person generally has lots of time.
To meet code you need a 6-20 connector and a 20a breaker. I plan to swap out my 14-50r and 40a breaker for the 6-20 & 20a breaker.

chocomonsters said:
I saw your other posting to eMaS regarding his Leviton 160. Did you hear back from him? So is Leviton 160 available through some secret source? :shock:

Sorry - no, eMas never replied. As near as I can tell, Leviton chargers are not commercially available. I'm not sure if he got a prototype charger, but I don't think there's any "secret source" to go through...

- Bob

Back