List of Nissan Dealers who will sell LEAF for MSRP or Less

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
evnow said:
Thats right - I guess BBB search isn't great.

What can go wrong ?
- Refusing to honor the price (after all the website says "order today and receive $1000 off")
- Tagging along extra dealer installed options
- What if you want to trade in your current car ?

I just spoke to Danny at Fontana Nissan. He said he doesn't know the specifics on how they would get the car to me here in Oceanside. It's 81 miles from Fontana to Oceanside, but that's stretching my range anxiety for the car's maiden drive!!

We also discussed my trade-in. Danny said that valuing the trade in now would be difficult since the trade-in market changes. I told him that it doesn't change THAT much in 4 months, so if my trade-in today, with X miles and in X condition would be worth X, then it should be an easy jump to "bring this car back in Decemeber in the SAME condition with X or less miles on it and we'll give you X" in writing. He didn't seem to thrilled with that idea.....

I'm hoping that Mossey or Pacific Nissan will ante up with a plan so I can keep my business close to home. :cool:

I just spoke to Danny at Fontana Nissan. He said he doesn't know the specifics on how they would get the car to me here in Oceanside. It's 81 miles from Fontana to Oceanside, but that's stretching my range anxiety for the car's maiden drive!!
There was talk of mobile charging for emergency situations. If they had one, perhaps they could follow you for 20 - 25 miles and top you off so you would be sure to get home.

Jimmydreams said:

Drive @ less than 65, no ac. I'm sure you will make it. Ofcourse, you may even be able to charge in between - there got to be some fast chargers by then in LA.

Drive @ less than 65, no ac. I'm sure you will make it. Ofcourse, you may even be able to charge in between - there got to be some fast chargers by then in LA.
If you drive at less than 70mph on SoCal highways you'll be arrested for going backwards! :lol:

I think the phone call to Fontana speaks volumes. This car is a game changer and will be a dealer definer. What you will find, and I can't wait for the feedback to start coming in is that there are a few progressive dealers that do things the right way, and there are the typical car dealers. The difference is you guys are not the typical customers. I don't know what your trades worth? What a crock? It just tells you who your dealing with, and you know as well and do the deeper you get in the deal the worse it gets. Ask me what your trades worth, I'll tel you what I think and why, and if the mileage doesn't change much it's likely to be worth close to the same by the time your car comes in barring natural disasters etc.

indyflick said:
If you drive at less than 70mph on SoCal highways you'll be arrested for going backwards! :lol:

Yes, I understand everyone is in a hurry to go nowhere in particular. Someone was arguing in priuschat that people going less than maximum should be arrested.

mossyleaf said:
I think the phone call to Fontana speaks volumes. This car is a game changer and will be a dealer definer. What you will find, and I can't wait for the feedback to start coming in is that there are a few progressive dealers that do things the right way, and there are the typical car dealers. The difference is you guys are not the typical customers. I don't know what your trades worth? What a crock? It just tells you who your dealing with, and you know as well and do the deeper you get in the deal the worse it gets. Ask me what your trades worth, I'll tel you what I think and why, and if the mileage doesn't change much it's likely to be worth close to the same by the time your car comes in barring natural disasters etc.

So how much to ship it to Phoenix? I saw you ship free up to 200 mi. It's about 350. Thanks!

LEAFer said:
leaffan said:
So how much to ship it to Phoenix? I saw you ship free up to 200 mi. It's about 350. Thanks!
Ship 200, drive 150 (with one intermediate charging stop) :p

Ya, I was thinking about that depending on how much it will cost to ship. I could stop at a Nissan dealership and get a fast charge. :)

leaffan said:
Ya, I was thinking about that depending on how much it will cost to ship. I could stop at a Nissan dealership and get a fast charge. :)

Unsure yet if dealerships will be getting quick chargers. Level 2 for certain.

LEAFguy said:
leaffan said:

Unsure yet if dealerships will be getting quick chargers. Level 2 for certain.

We're already hearing from dealers that have L3 chargers inbound. Better chance of L2, certainly, but they're coming...

Some dealers have reported that they "will" be getting an L3 charge-station. Others either have not said, or have said that they are getting only L2 EVSEs, at least for now.

An L3 unit, and its install, is still quite expensive.

I just checked and Fontana Nissan is 93 miles from my home door to door. That would be on my ragged edge of comfort. Perhaps they would be willing to flat bed it down to Lake Elsinore, that would cut the distance in half. I'll check with them on Monday.

indyflick said:
I just checked and Fontana Nissan is 93 miles from my home door to door. That would be on my ragged edge of comfort. Perhaps they would be willing to flat bed it down to Lake Elsinore, that would cut the distance in half. I'll check with them on Monday.

Why wait until Monday? They're open 7 days a week...Sun. is 9AM-10PM. :)

garygid said:
Some dealers have reported that they "will" be getting an L3 charge-station. Others either have not said, or have said that they are getting only L2 EVSEs, at least for now.
That's what I said (or did I miss a couple of zeros?) ;)

garygid said:
An L3 unit, and its install, is still quite expensive.
"Expensive" is relative.

One San Antonio family, Ancira, has 13 dealerships in the area and others in Austin, El Paso, and on the coast. They sell everything from RVs to work trucks to VW, Nissan, GM, and Kia. One of their dealerships is on a piece of property purchased for $1.2million. For the ground. Dirt Only. ;) ***

The value of a 'captive audience', goodwill, advertising, federal and state purchase incentives, and depreciation make a L3 charger MUCH less expensive than one might think. If done right, the overall charger could be free.

*** Put another way - if a L3 charger is $20K installed, Ancira could install SIXTY for the same price as ONE dealership plot. ;)

Also BTW, it just occurred to me that if you get the $1000 discount, you'll save an additional $87.50 in sales tax! Or the other way to look at it is the $1000 discount will cover 1/3 of your sales tax for the car.

Back