List of Nissan Dealers who will sell LEAF for MSRP or Less

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it varies some from state to state..

In Arizona I will pay the lower New Mexico state tax (AZ is around 8%, NM is 3%), but I will be paying some local tax in AZ, while there is no local car tax in NM...ie, the state doesn't ask for more than New Mexico would ask, but the locals still want a taste.

So a LEAF in NM would be a straight 3% new auto tax...in AZ I will be paying 3% plus a couple of % extra in local tax.

It is another reason I just might think of going to Cali to get my LEAF, but so far I'm sticking to AZ...of course the best option would be if Nissan added NM to the early list (looking at Texas time frame and thinking that would be perfect)...then I would buy local.

Gavin

Of course, Market Availability actually has nothing to do with it since these are customer orders not normal allotments...

CONNELLNISSANLEAF said:
Connell Nissan in Costa Mesa will sell the 2011 Nissan leaf for MSRP or less. The price will be based on market availablity. We will make special offers for those that are forum members. To receive a direct quote please email [email protected] and mention you are a forum member.

Mark Ranauro
GM
Connell Nissan

If we are talking about California, they are wrong. Look up the Franchise Tax Board website and it spells it out. This was done to keep cities with low sales tax from cannibalizing sales from cities with high sales tax.

Tom

Skywagon said:
newburya said:
:D Chandler Nissan will sell at MSRP!!

The dealers have said that you pay their sales tax UNLESS you lease, then you pay in the city where you live.

DanAtRegalNissan said:
-- Georgia --

Regal Nissan, Roswell GA

A+ Rated with Better Business Bureau, fair Leaf pricing for all!

http://www.RegalAuto.com

Welcome to the forum. Can you be more specific about "fair pricing" ? For me to put your dealership on the list, you should promise atleast not to exceed MSRP.

Last week I called a Nissan dealership in town regarding a question I had about the ordering process. One thing I found curious is that the salesman kept asking me for my Leaf Reservation Number. I told him I didn't have it handy but what difference does it make? Before we hung up he said to remember to call him back with my Reservation Number. I haven't selected this dealership as my preferred dealer as yet, but I wondering why he needed my Reservation Number so badly? Should we be careful sharing that number?

Hi Indyflick.
I believe the Nissan Dealers want I reservation numbers to lock us in with them for our orders. I know that Fontana Nissan asked me for my order number and information. I gave it to him. At the end, it is our choice which dealers offer we accept.

Hope this helps!

They may also just be verifying that you really have a reservation number and it is worth it for them to spend extra time with you as a committed customer.

JPC2822 said:
Hi Indyflick.
I believe the Nissan Dealers want I reservation numbers to lock us in with them for our orders. I know that Fontana Nissan asked me for my order number and information. I gave it to him. At the end, it is our choice which dealers offer we accept.
Interesting, so this is not an uncommon request from the dealerships. I had been exchanging emails with another dealership and they never asked for any personal information. Also if it's so important, why wouldn't Nissan just provide the dealerships access to the information? I'm still not sure what the upside is for me to give them my reservation number when they have been very helpful without it.

They should not require it. The ordering process goes thru Nissan. They obviously know the #. But when you order, the "RAQ" will be "pushed" to the dealer of your choice, possibly (not 100% on this ... I am hearing both sides) starting with your preferred dealer, if you selected one. At that point Nissan might or might not reveal the # to THAT dealer (but why would they need to ?). I'd keep it close to my chest ... curious, though about him being so insistent. I don't see an upside to revealing it.

Well, I just received a voice message from ""Nissan Of Auburn a.k.a. Rairdon Nissan", a Seattle area dealer that they will sell for $500 below MSRP. I'll update the front page with contact information.

LEAFer said:
I'd keep it close to my chest ... curious, though about him being so insistent. I don't see an upside to revealing it.
I think I agree with you. What's the upside in giving out your reservation number? In fact, the more I think about it, I'm going to take that dealership off my list for consideration.

indyflick said:
JPC2822 said:
Hi Indyflick.
Interesting, so this is not an uncommon request from the dealerships. I had been exchanging emails with another dealership and they never asked for any personal information. Also if it's so important, why wouldn't Nissan just provide the dealerships access to the information? I'm still not sure what the upside is for me to give them my reservation number when they have been very helpful without it.
Funny you should ask that...Dealers will be able to see prior communications that you've had throughout the Reservation process on our Dealer Dashboard. So, to an extent, we will have your pertinent info to review in the RAQ process.

deetime7767 said:
Funny you should ask that...Dealers will be able to see prior communications that you've had throughout the Reservation process on our Dealer Dashboard. So, to an extent, we will have your pertinent info to review in the RAQ process.
Define "prior communications". With whom ? To what extent (content) ?

deetime7767 said:
Dealers will be able to see prior communications that you've had throughout the Reservation process on our Dealer Dashboard. So, to an extent, we will have your pertinent info to review in the RAQ process.
So, you will know what the previous dealers quoted ?

Hmmmm .... when we design software, usually the first requirement is to make sure business partners can't see any of each other's details.

ps : Here is an offer to Nissan, if they are reading this. I'll do a free design review for you - send them to me. Now, don't tell me your vendors just code without doing any design :roll:

evnow said:
deetime7767 said:
Dealers will be able to see prior communications that you've had throughout the Reservation process on our Dealer Dashboard. So, to an extent, we will have your pertinent info to review in the RAQ process.
So, you will know what the previous dealers quoted ?

Hmmmm .... when we design software, usually the first requirement is to make sure business partners can't see any of each other's details.

ps : Here is an offer to Nissan, if they are reading this. I'll do a free design review for you - send them to me. Now, don't tell me your vendors just code without doing any design :roll:

The prior comunications with Nissan Not Nissan Dealers.

Back