List of Nissan Dealers who will sell LEAF for MSRP or Less

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CampbellNelson said:
The prior comunications with Nissan Not Nissan Dealers.
Still asking ... WHAT communications ? The chats ? The calling of their hotline ? The AV assessment quotes and/or surveys ? etc etc ?

LEAFer said:
CampbellNelson said:
Still asking ... WHAT communications ? The chats ? The calling of their hotline ? The AV assessment quotes and/or surveys ? etc etc ?
the emails that you have received from Nissan. Alerts, updates, confirmations.... Nothing that you have sent to Nissan.

CampbellNelson said:
evnow said:
deetime7767 said:
Dealers will be able to see prior communications that you've had throughout the Reservation process on our Dealer Dashboard. So, to an extent, we will have your pertinent info to review in the RAQ process.
So, you will know what the previous dealers quoted ?

Hmmmm .... when we design software, usually the first requirement is to make sure business partners can't see any of each other's details.

ps : Here is an offer to Nissan, if they are reading this. I'll do a free design review for you - send them to me. Now, don't tell me your vendors just code without doing any design :roll:

Is it the customers Reservation Number which allows you that view? Or is it the customers name, email address? Is this why the dealers want your personal information so they can peer into your personal correspondence with Nissan?

CampbellNelson said:
LEAFer said:
CampbellNelson said:
the emails that you have received from Nissan. Alerts, updates, confirmations.... Nothing that you have sent to Nissan.
What about chat sessions from Nissan they emailed to me?

[/quote]Is it the customers Reservation Number which allows you that view? Or is it the customers name, email address? Is this why the dealers what your personal information so they can peer into your personal correspondence with Nissan?[/quote]

No. This information becomes visible to the dealer once you have submitted a quote request. Again, these are the same emails that everybody have or will get during the process.
Example: "Congrats, you have reserved" email or
"Your Assessment has been scheduled"
"Your assessment quote is ready"

I think having this information is for dealers to understand where is the customer as far as process goes. I do not see any other importance in that.

CampbellNelson said:
No. This information becomes visible to the dealer once you have submitted a quote request. Again, these are the same emails that everybody have or will get during the process.

I think having this information is for dealers to understand where is the customer as far as process goes. I do not see any other importance in that.
Hmmm, okay. So if you have access to the same boil-plate email blast everyone got, why on earth would you even be interested? Wouldn't your going in assumption be that everyone received all of the email blasts? Am I missing something?

indyflick said:
CampbellNelson said:

Hmmm, okay. So if you have access to the same boil-plate email blast everyone got, why on earth would you even be interested? Wouldn't your going in assumption be that everyone received all of the email blasts? Am I missing something?

The point is as a dealer, I am not interested. Nissan put that feature as part of you account information and we merely mentioned it.

I was just trying to figure out what my total all-in cost on the Leaf is going to be. I found the following on the Internet (not from Nissan) which I found interesting and brought to my attention items I need to consider, "Prices exclude state tax, license, $55 document preparation fee ($45 for lease vehicles), smog fee, and finance charges, if applicable. Vehicle option and pricing are subject to change. Prices do not include additional dealer charges, such as advertising (that can vary by region) or costs for selling, preparing, displaying or financing the vehicle."

When we do the Request A Quote (RAQ), hopefully this week, will the dealer include everything including the doc fees as well as the additional dealer charges such as advertising charges, dealer prep, etc.?

Lets not forget to add the shipping from Japan fee! I forget if it cost $500 or $1,000? I have to pay for it with my Civic Hyrbid. The LEAF we purchase will be shipped to us from Japan!

JPC2822 said:
Lets not forget to add the shipping from Japan fee! I forget if it cost $500 or $1,000? I have to pay for it with my Civic Hyrbid. The LEAF we purchase will be shipped to us from Japan!

The destination charge/shipping ($820) is included in the MSRP, or that's what some have said. :)

leaffan said:
JPC2822 said:

The destination charge/shipping ($820) is included in the MSRP, or that's what some have said. :)

I have never seen the destination charge included in the price, expect that to be added to the sticker price.

Shipping is a standardized charge. It makes no difference if it is shipped from Japan or next door, you pay the same fee.

Tom

JPC2822 said:

indyflick said:
I was just trying to figure out what my total all-in cost on the Leaf is going to be. I found the following on the Internet (not from Nissan) which I found interesting and brought to my attention items I need to consider, "Prices exclude state tax, license, $55 document preparation fee ($45 for lease vehicles), smog fee, and finance charges, if applicable. Vehicle option and pricing are subject to change. Prices do not include additional dealer charges, such as advertising (that can vary by region) or costs for selling, preparing, displaying or financing the vehicle."

When we do the Request A Quote (RAQ), hopefully this week, will the dealer include everything including the doc fees as well as the additional dealer charges such as advertising charges, dealer prep, etc.?

The answer is...as complete as it can be, prior to final payment type at time of delivery. That's when you'll know the complete total breakdown for your lease or purchase. As of now, we still don't have the lease-structure numbers for the LEAF. Maybe we will by this Friday when the Dealer and Customer Dashboards go live. Atleast for 200 lucky people... ;)

I talked to Surf City Nissan today, and the very nice lady there said that they expext to be told the LEAF's dealer "pricing", invoice, etc. on Aug. 26, barely in time to figure their real margins by the 27th.

Only after that, she says, will they be able to (responsibly) decide how to answer any requests for pricing.

Another dealer said that they expect a "demo" LEAF to be delivered to the dealer in just a few weeks.

JPC2822 said:
Where is Emerald City located?

I think you are getting confused between Indyflick & deetime7767.

Anyway ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle

Seattle's current official nickname is the "Emerald City", the result of a contest held in 1981;[11][12] the reference is to the lush evergreen forests of the area.

Perhaps Leon from Mossy Nissan could respond to this. Given your $500 off MSRP, is the following quote correct, for someone who lives in Poway, CA? Will Mossy Nissan be charging any dealer prep or any other dealer fees? I'm trying to figure figure out what the "out the door" price for a Leaf SL from Poway Nissan will be, before applying any government incentives. Have I missed any charges or items?

Leaf SL MSRP``````33,720
Discount````````````(500)
Net Price```.``````33,220
8.75% Sales Tax `.```2,907
Destination Charge`.```820
Doc Fee```````````````55
Registration and Title` `450
Dealer Prep `````` ``````0
Other Dealer Fees````````0
Total``````````````37,452

Update: I'm copying this question to the "Mossy Kearny Mesa & Poway will discount 2 forum members" thread.

indyflick said:
8.75% Sales Tax `.```2,907

Good question.

BTW, so in CA, they first take away 3,000 in sales tax and give back 5,000 in rebate ? Brilliant.

They should have just exempted EVs from sales tax - that way no need to appropriate any money, less paper work and everyone who buys gets it.

Back