List of Nissan Dealers who will sell LEAF for MSRP or Less

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If a California resident buys at the Auburn, Wa dealer...do they still get the $5,000.00 additional state discount or do they just pay more just to try and pay less but, really aren't paying less in losing the Cali-state $5,000.00 additional knockoff??? That doesn't make any sense. Can only see Washingtonians benefitting from that move. Local maneuver I guess???

deetime7767 said:
Gavin said:
Can't find them on BBB...

Gavin
http://www.bbb.org/western-washington/business-reviews/auto-dealers-new-cars/rairdons-dodge-chrysler-jeep-of-smokey-point-in-arlington-wa-503072

Dee, that's not Rairdon's Nissan of Auburn, but Rairdon's Dodge/Jeep...BIG difference

yeah...dealers tend to be a bit mean towards each other at times... :)

the Auburn Nissan BBB listing is here: http://www.bbb.org/western-washingt...rs-new-cars/auburn-nissan-in-auburn-wa-500826

but there is not info at that site...

Now there is another Rairdon site at BBB: http://www.bbb.org/western-washingt...ysler-jeep-of-kirkland-in-kirkland-wa-7036311

only a C rating...and again not the Nissan dealership, but still better than choosing the F rating site...Rairdon and Auburn pull the C rated dealership...not sure where the other F rated dealership is located.

Gavin

deetime7767 said:
If a California resident buys at the Auburn, Wa dealer...do they still get the $5,000.00 additional state discount or do they just pay more just to try and pay less but, really aren't paying less in losing the Cali-state $5,000.00 additional knockoff??? That doesn't make any sense. Can only see Washingtonians benefitting from that move. Local maneuver I guess???

There is a discussion going on about this in the other thread. It seems, state where you buy doesn't matter.

Gavin said:
Well perhaps Auburn Nissan was bought out by Rairdon? And it is too soon for BBB to have info on the new dealership?? I don't know...

Rairdon group has started this new dealership in Auburn. I posted a news item about this sometime back. Rairdon group has other new and used car dealerships. The Auburn Nissan is fairly new - started in April or so this year.

Here is one place to see some ratings & comments about Rairdon group.

http://www.dealerrater.com/search/?q=rairdon

Funny how dealers in other regions seems to be offering special deals with impunity when dealers in the western region have been told by corporate to dial it back (and have, in fact, tried to comply by removing any specific discounts from MSRP in their listings here and from other websites).

mwalsh said:
Funny how dealers in other regions seems to be offering special deals with impunity when dealers in the western region have been told by corporate to dial it back (and have, in fact, tried to comply by removing any specific discounts from MSRP in their listings here and from other websites).

The "telling" part has to be informal. Otherwise it is violation of federal law ... so, Nissan better be careful here.

leaffan said:
Gavin said:
Still haven't seen a single mention of below MSRP in Arizona.

Gavin

Nope, no one, so unfortunately, I'm buying out of state.

I have asked several dealers locally and keep getting handed off from person to person with no response other than "we are still waiting on pricing from Nissan" or "I will have to check with the GM". I to am going out of state for my order as well. I am picking it up directly instead of shipping it as I do not like low priced shipping companies handling that task; and I have a truck and flat bed trailer already. Therefore, as tempting as the pricing is in Seattle, I am picking somewhere closer as I do not want the shipping risk as well (and fretting over a few hundred on a $32k car only to worry about shipping damage is not worth it to me).

Skywagon said:
leaffan said:
Gavin said:
Still haven't seen a single mention of below MSRP in Arizona.

Gavin

Nope, no one, so unfortunately, I'm buying out of state.

I have asked several dealers locally and keep getting handed off from person to person with no response other than "we are still waiting on pricing from Nissan" or "I will have to check with the GM". I to am going out of state for my order as well. I am picking it up directly instead of shipping it as I do not like low priced shipping companies handling that task; and I have a truck and flat bed trailer already. Therefore, as tempting as the pricing is in Seattle, I am picking somewhere closer as I do not want the shipping risk as well (and fretting over a few hundred on a $32k car only to worry about shipping damage is not worth it to me).
Skywagon, you can't pick it up in CA has to be over the border in AZ to not have to pay CA sales taxes. I don't see me getting it shipped from WA either to brake even at $1,000 under MSRP. I would still need to drive the last 100 miles or so.

Skywagon I am going with white because I think it will be easier to cool in the AZ heat then blue or red. I had a white truck I just sold and not happy to get a new vehical with the same color but I have to do what is good for the battery.

Gonewild said:
Skywagon, you can't pick it up in CA has to be over the border in AZ to not have to pay CA sales taxes. I don't see me getting it shipped from WA either to brake even at $1,000 under MSRP. I would still need to drive the last 100 miles or so.

I have done it in the past before. With autos it is typically a different story. I have bought from out of state individuals and dealers in the past and in the case of the dealers I just had to pay state sales tax (AZ) when I went to register them (calculated off of the bill of sale/purchase contract). Private party sales are without sales tax, in state or out of state; but that does not apply here.

Alan Webb Nissan in Vancouver, WA is onboard! http://www.alanwebbnissan.com They are offering local customers priority service appointments, free car washes and onsite charging for Leafs purchased there.

Pricing offered on ordered vehicles only. Vehicles in inventory subject to retail mark-up...So, order yours today for savings and service.

Back