Lock/Unlock switches have no backlight

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
goldbrick said:
I used an Altima switch I bought off ebay as shown in this thread http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=24594&hilit=altima
It works perfectly and is easy/peasy to install. Just pop the old switch out, unplug the connectors, plug the connectors into the new switch and pop it in. It took me about 5-10 minutes the first time since I was being very careful not to scratch anything. I think I could do another one in 60 seconds without trouble now.
Good find, I will upgrade my SV switches soon with Altima's ones on both sides, all project cost $34. Easy DIY - just swap switches and enjoy.

Just finished swap on both sides.

Note: after switch replacement you will need to recalibrate Auto-UP window function (due to plug disconnect, even if you re-connected the original switch back). To recalibrate: open the window and then close it by holding switch in up most position until windows is fully closed and then continue holding it for 3 more seconds. Now, you are good to go.

evggarage said:
Hi all,

Discovered the same in my Leaf 2015 (SV). My friend's Leaf (SL) has the same issue. Decided to add the small LEDs myself and made a video of this process

Hope this will be helpful to someone who decides to add the small LEDs themselves. Be very careful in this process. Good luck!

FYI... found out (the hard way) today that in the 2011 LEAF the non-lit switches are also not translucent. My somewhat educated guess is that the switches as pictured in your video probably came in with the 2013 model year, so I think the same would probably hold true for the 2012.

Also, the earlier assembly has a completely different mechanism for activating the door locks, so the later door lock switch will not transfer over.

Back