March Deliveries

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jsnable said:
I got the 7 day email this morning. Perhaps mine is one of those sitting at Boardwalk...
Yay, me too!

Might have to "run an errand" this morning and swing by Boardwalk. :D

Edit: They got a new batch of LEAFs, but mine was not one of them. :(

This might be nice. "Your vehicle has been shipped on the XXX YYY. You may follow it at www.ZZZ.com. Your dealer will contact you shortly after it is unloaded in the port. Have a nice day."

smkettner said:
josh said:
I also got the 7 day email today, two days after delivery.
So it was still within seven days :lol: :roll:

If you cal NIssan CS they will tell you it got stuck in your spam filter, I assume it broke free later on its own:)

A Tennessee Delivery!

Alexander Plugging In New Nissan LEAF
posted March 7, 2011

Senator Lamar Alexander has leased a new Nissan Leaf electric vehicle

Senator Lamar Alexander (R-Tn.) today took delivery of the Nissan LEAF he is leasing from Alcoa’s Twin City Nissan, saying, “Plugging in my new LEAF will give me the patriotic pleasure of not sending money overseas to people who are trying to blow us up.”

Senator Alexander said, “The Nissan LEAF is easy to drive, it’s cheaper to drive – and it will be made in Tennessee. If enough Americans bought electric cars and trucks, that would be the single best way to reduce our dependence on foreign oil – and the best way to avoid $4-a-gallon gas.”

The LEAF will be produced in Smyrna.

Senator Alexander visited the dealership this morning where he signed the lease on his new 2011 LEAF, which he is paying for personally. He said he would not accept the state and federal tax credits available to those who purchase all-electric vehicles.

For the past two years, Senator Alexander has driven a Toyota Prius that he converted into a plug-in electric vehicle, which he charged at home by plugging it in at night.

Senator Alexander was the lead Republican cosponsor last Congress of S. 3495, the “Promoting Electric Vehicles Act of 2010,” which aimed to speed up the introduction of electric cars and trucks throughout the country in an effort to reduce American dependence on foreign sources of oil and help clean the air.

Of the bill, Senator Alexander said, “Republicans and Democrats agree that electrifying our cars and trucks is the single best way to reduce our dependence on foreign oil. Our goal should be to electrify half our cars and trucks within 20 years, which could reduce our dependence on oil by about a third, from about 20 million to about 13 million barrels a day. According to a Brookings Institution study, we could do this without building one new power plant, if we plugged our cars in at night when the country has huge amounts of unused electricity.”

The legislation passed the Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources on July 22, 2010, by a bipartisan vote of 19-4. Senator Alexander is currently working on new electric-vehicle legislation to introduce during the 112th Congress.

My PD just called to inform me that my LEAF arrived today afternoon. I would be picking it up on Wednesday afternoon. Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Red LEAF has finally arrived too, too bad I need to wait until Sunday to go and get it ...

Week of March 9th...

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 3:50 PM I placed down my $99 bucks.
Nissan LEAF, "Thanks for reserving your place in automotive history. The Nissan
LEAF™ has limited availability. by June 30, 2010 we will provide you
with more details regarding availability of Nissan LEAF in your market
and how to begin preparing your home for your new car."

Completed the Nissan dashboard to build out my car options & submitted it on Fri, October 15, 2010 10:38:48 AM
Nissan LEAF: Your dealer received your quote request

Around Feb 22 my pending date went from pending to week of March 11th then went to March 9th a week later and now today the dealer called me today 3:00 PM March 7th and said they have the car now and doing the prep work and it will be ready March 8th and will be ready tomorrow afternoon.

Nissan LEAF™ SL trim
blue ocean
option added:
quick charge port
accessories added:
floor and cargo mats
organization package
protection package
kick plates

Danny Ames

DannyAmes said:
Completed the Nissan dashboard to build out my car options & submitted it on Fri, October 15, 2010 10:38:48 AM
Wow - you're one of the latest to order who is getting their car this week. I think you will make a lot of people who ordered early Sept a bit green with envy! Do you know when your dashboard first opened for ordering?

Perhaps you could add your details to the spreadsheet?[/quote]

While mine is just 2 or 3 weeks away. I would agree that I am a bit annoyed to see people order almost a week and now a month after when I ordered and see their car delivered before mine. Funny enough I find many of these people being in Souther California. Makes me wonder if the delay for others is waiting for transport from the port to other locations.

I figured there is no point getting annoyed over it so I tend not to think too much anymore...

Good Luck and Congrats to all. After all we are all part of a New Beginning.

BruinLEAFer said:
Is it possible that Nissan is trying to give every LEAF dealer at least one delivery early on?
Tucson has yet to see a LEAF delivery. There must have been early orders on Aug. 31 or Sept. 1 or 2. Tucson is due to start getting some LEAFs. This makes us feel that we are really out in the "desert".

DannyAmes said:
Around Feb 22 my pending date went from pending to week of March 11th then went to March 9th a week later and now today the dealer called me today 3:00 PM March 7th and said they have the car now and doing the prep work and it will be ready March 8th and will be ready tomorrow afternoon.

Danny Ames
Danny Ames, where are you located? Congrats on your delivery. Give us feedback on how things go.

I think this is a dealer allocation issue as my Vin is 100 lover than a Sacramento delivery this week and I ordered on the 16th. Mine is not here but I assume it will be this week form a lower volume dealer. My date went form 11th to 14th and has held.

drees said:
DannyAmes said:
Do you know when your dashboard first opened for ordering?

Perhaps you could add your details to the spreadsheet?
[/quote]

My dashboard has been available months not sure when (June maybe) actually it was quite early.
I waited for months as I pondered on the charger port solutions offered from the various vendors and was leery of a full on installation cost.
Having had several EV cars in the past we pretty much had the 240 40amp circuit in place and ready.
Use to an have Avcon conductive connector for the Ford Think City we had leased.

4.5 KW Sharp Solar array dual SunnyBoys 2500W each one for the Home one for the EV car.
In Brisbane, 10 miles south of San Francisco CA.
Danny Ames

Back