May Deliveries! Or... May(be)?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got the call from Boardwalk Nissan. They are delivering 30 LEAFs Thursday May 12. Unfortunately Thursday is also Bike to Work day so now I have race home on the bike to get the Prius to drive up the Boardwalk before they close.

evmike said:
Just got the call from Boardwalk Nissan. They are delivering 30 LEAFs Thursday May 12. Unfortunately Thursday is also Bike to Work day so now I have race home on the bike to get the Prius to drive up the Boardwalk before they close.
Heh. I saw a truck with nine LEAFs arrive while I was picking up mine yesterday (Tuesday). For whatever reason, it seems they're finally starting to move these things out of Long Beach.

lemketron said:
Heh. I saw a truck with nine LEAFs arrive while I was picking up mine yesterday (Tuesday). For whatever reason, it seems they're finally starting to move these things out of Long Beach.

Well I hope so. My dealer says he can track the movement of these cars by VIN. He says it takes 4 to 5 days travel time from Long Beach to Arlington, TX. First 4 days by rail to Midlothian, TX and another day by truck to Arlington, TX. I've been sitting on "May 20" for a month now. Unfortunately, if my car doesn't ship out of Long Beach either today or tomorrow, there is little chance my leaf will be here on or before May 20.

This is quite irritating to me as I sold my Prius 2 weeks ago and have been driving a Ford Focus rental car for 2 weeks already. It is a low-tech piece of junk. I hate it. I want my Leaf!

Well I am now officially a May delivery person. New estimate 5/19 (was 4/19) and recieved the coming soon email. :D
I will be so happy to be off this motionless rollercoaster.

Based on recent developments, I am dreading to become a June delivery person.....after having been an April, then May, now June delivery??? Give me a break!

I'm officially in May now, as well. Dashboard went to 5/20, and I finally got the "soon" email. What a ride! My dashboard has read as early as April 7...there was a point where I thought I had a serious chance of getting delivered in March. I never thought I wouldn't get it in April. Now, I'm just hoping that Nissan doesn't screw things up somehow so that I end up in June... :|

Gotta call from Nissan yesterday, 5/11 with a delivery of "week of 16th" CS gave a "pollen" BS as a reason for the delay. DB stays at 4/22

I was so happy when the email came in said "soon your leaf will be arriving" that I picked up the phone and called my
dealer. He actually told me my car is delayed until June. I opened up my dashboard to check. The delivery changed from "Week of May 3, 2011" to "June 1, 2011". My dealer also told me this pollen issue which nobody believed. Also,
it was delayed because I order the "Protection Package". I'm so sorry that I ordered it because at the time I could find
any information what the package is. I went ahead to order it because it was only $225.00 so I thought no harm done.
I guess because the pollen issue that they couldn't apply this protection package and that was the reason for the delay.
My dealer could even tell me what the Protection package exactly is. The wait goes on.

davewill said:
Now, I'm just hoping that Nissan doesn't screw things up somehow so that I end up in June... :|
Well, no screw ups! I got the call and my Leaf is in. I can't pick it up until Sunday because of travel, but the long wait is finally done.

adric22 said:
I've been sitting on "May 20" for a month now. Unfortunately, if my car doesn't ship out of Long Beach either today or tomorrow, there is little chance my leaf will be here on or before May 20.

That 'May 20' date is 'week of' which means anytime from May 20-27. That's the window.

I'm a early Nov order with a June est. delivery and no VIN yet (as I believe is true for all June people), and given that in the past couple of days we had two ships dock (or docking now) at Nissan's port in Long Beach, I'm trying to figure out if my car might be on one of these ships or not.

Can anyone who got one of the 1500 pre-quake cars delivered on March 22nd to the port of Long Beach (Luna Spirit and Andromeda Spirit both were in port that day), please let me know when you got your VIN assigned to you or when Carwings opened up. I seem to remember some people saying it was about 6 days after the docket (e.g. March 28th or so).

Thanks.

LALeaf"Can anyone who got one of the 1500 pre-quake cars delivered on March 22nd to the port of Long Beach (Luna Spirit and Andromeda Spirit both were in port that day) said:
My DB changed to 'week of Apr. 29th' from Pending around March 28th or so. It opened to CarWings and VIN a few days before the emails arrived a few days later.

I think I got my VIN in early March. I RAQed in late Jan. My first DB update with week of was week of April 21. My car WAS on the last boat out before the earthquake.

I saw the number pop up on my mobile phone this morning...could it be? I got nervous and my legs got weak. It's ringing and I'm thinking "it's gotta be him"...I feel the hair on the back of my neck standing up...I debate whether it's him...but if it goes to voice mail, I'll lose him and all I've been waiting for. I swipe the answer key..."This is Howard," I say. "Hey Howard," I hear, "this is Aaron and I have great news for you. Your LEAF came in this morning with a bunch of others and I called you first! What are you doing tomorrow morning?" I said "I'm taking the day off work to wash the Prius and run some errands." And he said, "would you rather come in and pick up your LEAF?"

Maybe is reality.

Just got my call today too from Mossy Oceanside. No day off for me, so I'll be picking it up on Saturday. Won't breathe that sigh of relief until I am driving it home.

I got a call from CS yesterday (May 11) saying my Leaf will be ready to ship on May 16. I logged into my DB and the date was (as it been for a month and a half) April 22. Go figure. My account seems to be stuck with no update and no car.

I logged into my DB this morning (May 12) and to my surprised my DB estimated delivery date changed from April 22 (I hate that date) to May 16. At least something is happing and May 16 is not that far away.

I login in to my email and to my surprised there was my 7 day notice. Can it be true that my Leaf my come next week?

I couldn’t resist and stop by my dealer (San Leandro Nissan) after work to see what was going on. My sales person (Wahid) seem very excited but was also reserved as San Leandro Nissan has only received 3 Leafs so far (they expected 30 to 40) by mid May. One of the 3 Leafs is sitting on the show room floor because the owner is out of town until May 22. What was interesting, Wahid said if my Leaf does come it will be on a Friday as almost all of their entire car deliveries happen on Friday. Maybe I will get lucky and have it arrive tomorrow (my birthday). I will still be happy if it arrives next Friday.
Reservation 5/14 6:50 PM PDT
Order 12/10 6:50 PM PST (RAQ 12/16)
1st AV EVSE (for work) AeroVironment EVSE-RS 2/18/2011
ECOtality EV Project approved 3/25/2011
2nd meter installation (at home): installed, finial inspection scheduled May 16th
2nd EVSE (Blink, at home): scheduled for May 17th
Deliv. May ??
VIN #2012 (3/20)

gascant said:
I saw the number pop up on my mobile phone this morning...could it be? I got nervous and my legs got weak. It's ringing and I'm thinking "it's gotta be him"...I feel the hair on the back of my neck standing up...I debate whether it's him...but if it goes to voice mail, I'll lose him and all I've been waiting for. I swipe the answer key..."This is Howard," I say. "Hey Howard," I hear, "this is Aaron and I have great news for you. Your LEAF came in this morning with a bunch of others and I called you first! What are you doing tomorrow morning?" I said "I'm taking the day off work to wash the Prius and run some errands." And he said, "would you rather come in and pick up your LEAF?"

Maybe is reality.

Congrats Howard!! I hope to see the infant LEAF on Saturday at the Bayleafers meeting.

linkim said:
gascant said:

Maybe is reality.

Congrats Howard!! I hope to see the infant LEAF on Saturday at the Bayleafers meeting.
Thanks, Kim. Oddly enough, less than an hour after arranging to pick up the car, I got an email from Nissan CS saying my delivery date had been changed and I should check my DB. I did check--they pushed me out to May 16th :lol:

Never got a call from Boardwalk Nissan - but I called them and emailed poor Brendan until they got tired of me and told me to come pick it up - I got it earlier today!

Melina went over all kinds of details and was great - thanks to everyone at Boardwalk!

Back