Monthly Order Allowance for Dealers

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gonewild said:
My group in Phoenix AZ we ordered almost 10 cars from Rairdon's in Wa. I should be OK my quote is approved already. :p :mrgreen:

So if I am in WA region and all the allotments run out (sold to AZ), do I have to order from an AZ dealer? :eek:

Full disclosure, my oder is already in so it does not affect me. I thought the process was great. But it has a big affect on my opinion of Nissan as a leader in bringing EV's to the masses which up to now was an A+ (borrowing from the new efficiency ratings). Down to a C+ (in line with GM), but we'll see what else they mess up.

greenleaf said:
palmermd said:
greenleaf said:
This sounds like a step backwards for Nissan.

This change is good for the dealers who were holding out for MSRP+, bad for the consumers. I did like the original setup better, but I'm sure there were quite a few dealers complaining about not having any customers or cars.
I have no sympathy for dealers who did not get any orders because they are holding out for MSRP+. This new system is almost the same as the GM Volt system where a dealership is "allocated" a certain number of cars and it is up to the customers to "bid" for them.

+1!

Long4Leaf said:
I thought the process was great. But it has a big affect on my opinion of Nissan as a leader in bringing EV's to the masses which up to now was an A+ (borrowing from the new efficiency ratings). Down to a C+ (in line with GM), but we'll see what else they mess up.
But finally they have to listen to their dealers. Lets not forget the Altima sales are the ones that pay to keep Nissan afloat ...

Anyway, atleast now we know why the October orders have been held up. They wanted to get this system in place.

This is such BS. I am an October person who has been unable to RAQ thus far. I have a pre-agreed upon amount all worked out, and this could totally screw that all up. This is so frustrating.

cinmar said:
This is such BS. I am an October person who has been unable to RAQ thus far. I have a pre-agreed upon amount all worked out, and this could totally screw that all up. This is so frustrating.

Call your dealer and make sure you still have the deal. I've a feeling all the October orders will be released together - and in any case not that many will be wathcing like hawks (so you could be one of the early ones with your dealer).

Leon, thank you for your quick response!! It is a business to do pleasure with you. You are a person of integrity

GilSchoonover said:
Nissan LEAF Dealer Monthly Order Allowance – FAQ
In order to allow fair and equitable vehicle availability in each launch state, starting on Thursday, October 21st, 2010, Nissan is applying a monthly order allowance for each dealer in Waves 1 and 1a (CA, AZ, HI, OR, WA, TN, and TX).
Gil, what does Nissan define as "Wave 1" and Wave 1a"?

JPVLeaf said:
GilSchoonover said:
Nissan LEAF Dealer Monthly Order Allowance – FAQ
In order to allow fair and equitable vehicle availability in each launch state, starting on Thursday, October 21st, 2010, Nissan is applying a monthly order allowance for each dealer in Waves 1 and 1a (CA, AZ, HI, OR, WA, TN, and TX).
Gil, what does Nissan define as "Wave 1" and Wave 1a"?

1a is HI & TX. Rest are 1.

It would seem that Nissan is trying to knock fence sitting buyers "off the fence". Up front Nissan gave alot of power to the buyer regarding fair market price. Looks like this gift is not forever! We have also heard that some buyers are stalling and holding up orders. What's that old saying about "looking a gift horse in the mouth"??? It is actually a very clever way to break the log-jam because it does not give unlimited power to dealers that WANT to gouge. This seems to be all about getting everyone into gear and reminding the lazy buyers that the sweetheart LEAF offers are NOT forever. SO ORDER ALREADY! You will note that Nissan is not making anyone buy from a dealer that gouges... but the line at dealers who discount/or do MSRP will start to get much longer. The real losers in all this are the people desperate to order and would confirm asap. I guess these people will still have choices but might need to be patient for the price they want. It was unclear if dealers will get to roll-over their unsold LEAF allotment each month. If they do then soon buyers will be able to walk onto a dealer lot and pick a LEAF from inventory... for a steep price! Maybe rich people in NY will be getting LEAFS sooner than they thought?!?

Now we know why the delay opening the RAQ for more people until they got there web site and managers deciding what to do about all the orders out of state.

Actually I never heard why AZ people are ordering from Washington??? Are AZ dealers not giving good prices (or even close)??? How much does it cost to get a LEAF from Washington to AZ anyways???

Back