Mossy Nissan Kearny Mesa Matches any Local Leaf Offers

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am leasing my Leaf from Leon. His deal is straight forward and honest. No markups or games played. He offers the same deal to all mynissanleaf members

I am having my Nissan Leaf delivered to me the week of April 22, 2011 in Oregon. But now my daughter who lives in San Diego wants one! How long is the wait? How should I order one?

At the moment only a few people with Reservations (made in 2010) are still able to order.

New Reservations, to get in line for a new set of orders, are not yet open, with no scheduled re-opening date.

Buying a LEAF that a current Reservation-holder Ordered is essentially the only way to get one. The number of used LEAFs is still small, and their pricing is erratic.

I have four family members/friends that are in the same boat. I have told them to register their email address at Nissan's website. Not much can be done until reservations open again in few months.

I just want to post a glowing review for Mossy KM, Leon K and his team. We picked up our leaf this evening and it was the best car buying experience for me to date. Extremely smooth, highly automated, and the nicest people.

Leon let me know at 6:50 this morning that my Leaf was invoiced at his dealership and expected the truck "soon". The truck arrived about 1PM and he called me immediately and setup a 5PM delivery. I don't think it could be quicker or smoother.

If Nissan opens up reservations again and your in San Diego, don't look anywhere else just talk to Leon and team.

(By the way I didn't know this until I saw Leon a few weeks ago, but he is the General Manager of the Kearny Mesa location. He indeed takes care of you.)

Leon: My wife and I want to thank you so much. Stay in touch!

Thank you to JV& CO. The pleasure is truly mine although I am still Super Jealous!!!

For all of those who are or might be wondering, the Leafs' are starting to trickle in. I should be delivering 4 more today. Maybe 3 to 5 more over the weekend, and next week should be very very busy. Thanks to all of my customer's and forum members who I have had the chance to interact with. You have made this a very special experience for me and I appreciate it.

Leon :)

mossyleaf said:
Thank you to JV& CO. The pleasure is truly mine although I am still Super Jealous!!!

For all of those who are or might be wondering, the Leafs' are starting to trickle in. I should be delivering 4 more today. Maybe 3 to 5 more over the weekend, and next week should be very very busy. Thanks to all of my customer's and forum members who I have had the chance to interact with. You have made this a very special experience for me and I appreciate it.

Leon :)

Thanks Leon for sharing this and your continued participation on this forum. Hopefully I will be one of the lucky ones this weekend.

syntaxerror said:
Leon let me know at 6:50 this morning that my Leaf was invoiced at his dealership and expected the truck "soon". The truck arrived about 1PM and he called me immediately and setup a 5PM delivery.

Did he have it charged up for you?

gbshaun said:
syntaxerror said:
Leon let me know at 6:50 this morning that my Leaf was invoiced at his dealership and expected the truck "soon". The truck arrived about 1PM and he called me immediately and setup a 5PM delivery.

Did he have it charged up for you?
Yup! It came with a 90% SOC.

Looks like I just spotted another one of Leons deliveries... took this photo around 5:30ish today on the I-15north near Miramar in San Diego.

Gave a thumbs up to a very happy looking driver! :)

Is this anyone here??!

photo.JPG

photo1.JPG

aries said:
Looks like I just spotted another one of Leons deliveries... took this photo around 5:30ish today on the I-15north near Miramar in San Diego.

Gave a thumbs up to a very happy looking driver! :)

Is this anyone here??!

aries - welcome to the forum! (I see that you have only 7 posts so far :) )

That was me. You were driving the green Jeep Cherokee, and did indeed give me a thumbs up. Thanks! (I know that was you because of the personalized plate on your Jeep matches your web site). I didn't know that you were taking pictures, but I did note that you dropped back and moved around me. I just figured you were checking out the car.

I actually picked it up in Poway (Leon was interim GM there when I ordered it) about 3PM, headed downtown for an appointment, then up to Clairemont for another, and finally heading home to pick up the kids when you snapped these. You gave me a smile the rest of the way home. Thanks! :)

For anyone getting their Leaf at Mossy in Kearny Mesa... make sure you work with Shawn Collins when its time to pick up your baby. Shawn is FANTASTIC. Nothing but smiles and exceptional service.

My baby managed to get scratched during shipping and I had CarWings issues (turned out to be something related to the communications system), so I had a bit more post-pickup interaction with the dealership than normal. Under any other circumstances, I would be highly irritated with all the extra time and effort associated to dealing with these issues, but working with Shawn has made it all easy-peasy. He has been beyond helpful, cheerful and empathic at all the right times.

Leon - give that man a raise!

Thanks.
Lea

LEAFguy said:
aries - welcome to the forum! (I see that you have only 7 posts so far :) )

That was me. You were driving the green Jeep Cherokee, and did indeed give me a thumbs up. Thanks! (I know that was you because of the personalized plate on your Jeep matches your web site). I didn't know that you were taking pictures, but I did note that you dropped back and moved around me. I just figured you were checking out the car.

I actually picked it up in Poway (Leon was interim GM there when I ordered it) about 3PM, headed downtown for an appointment, then up to Clairemont for another, and finally heading home to pick up the kids when you snapped these. You gave me a smile the rest of the way home. Thanks! :)

Yup, that was me in the Jeep! Congrats on the delivery. I'm still hopeful to get mine this month!

Just swinging back through this thread to give props to Mossy's EV Tech - Nick. He is another wonderful, patient and very valid reason all SoCal Leaf buyers need buy through Mossy!

If anyone has ANY questions about my experiences with Mossy, Leon, Shawn or Nick, please feel free to PM me.

Cheers!
Lea

Back