My Future Parking Space

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TomT said:
Considering current sales levels, that would be more like a small fire cracker than an explosion...

DaveinOlyWA said:
and what i expect (my opinion here) to be an explosion of sales for the TN built 2013 Leaf
300% increase in sales

funny, that is what Eve said to Adam...

Nekota said:
ebill3 said:
Pipemajor said:
My workplace (U.S. Government office building) is installing 16 outdoor EV charging stations for employee use. Another 10 will be installed in the indoor garage. Stations will be L2 240V and will be free for employee use.
Nice, but since all of us are paying for it, I sure hope guests will be allowed a few spaces, and at no charge as well.

Bill

I'm curious how this ruling weighs in on this facility?
According to DOE Order 580.1, which is included in our Prime Contract, we are not permitted to allow staff to use government owned electric vehicle charging stations for charging their personal vehicles. The subject order permits the use of government personal property only in the performance of official work of the U.S. Government, except in emergencies threatening loss of life or property. There are very limited exceptions to this general prohibition, for example for limited personal use of office equipment and telecommunications equipment.
https://inlportal.inl.gov/portal/server.pt/community/requests_for_information/562/rfi__431/8928
I believe that rule pertains to government-purchased fleets of EVs. Those vehicles, and the charging equipment reserved for them, would be off-limits for personal use. The government does provide free parking spaces, subsidized transit/carpool benefits, etc. for employees. They cannot provide things like free coffee or food.

DaveinOlyWA said:
TomT said:
Considering current sales levels, that would be more like a small fire cracker than an explosion...

DaveinOlyWA said:
and what i expect (my opinion here) to be an explosion of sales for the TN built 2013 Leaf
300% increase in sales

funny, that is what Eve said to Adam...

hey-ooh!!! badump bump. :lol:

Back