My LEAF has yet another bug in the system.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVDRIVER

As if all my other LEAF issues were not enough I found a new bug that has not been mentioned here yet. I was messing with the NAV and decided to change the language to French to see how it sounded, that was when everything went South. The first thing I noticed was there were more charging stations, most located in the wine country where I was so that was a bonus! Then it started to get ugly, I had put in several wineries in the NAV memory and the French woman in the dash decided those were not good enough and redirected me to locations of her liking. I was curious and since it was convenient and less than 24 hours prior to my next error code episode so I decided to play along. I then discovered that I was not "French" enough and the car decided to turn off the AC on that hot day and blast the heat, within 20 minutes everyone smelled like French farm workers and my interior was soiled beyond belief, clearly a conspiracy to get cleaning revenue from the dealer for new seats. Next up was the fact that the XM would only play French stations, things were getting a bit tense in the car at this point and I was about to call it a day until we arrived at the first winery, Chateau Error Code.

We entered the winery and were greeted by some nice folks that handed us deep fried sticks of butter, I saw this as a clear attempt to sedate me while some "Frenchy type" went for the cars CAN BUS via the L3 port, a clear attempt to upload more revenue producing error codes. Stupidly I could not resist the butter treat since it was crispy on the outside and still cold on the inside, not as good as a deep fried Twinkie or Freedom Fry but so good, I quickly realized this was irrational and only a butter induced hallucination, or was it? I then cut the fat layer with a glass of white wine that tasted oddly like Sake made in French oak, it worked so well that I had several. After many more glasses and Karaoke songs in French subtitles we decided to leave and head back to our weekend house only to find a bus load of Japanese tourists surrounding the car, I found that quite odd, or was it?

to be continued....

The lesson here is don't drink and nav. Perhaps a sober consult of the owner’s manual is in order.

Emergency battery charging while in wine country.

http://science.discovery.com/brink/kip-kay/wine-battery/wine-battery.html

EVDRIVER said:
As if all my other LEAF issues were not enough I found a new bug that has not been mentioned here yet. I was messing with the NAV and decided to change the language to French to see how it sounded, that was when everything went South.
I was unable to duplicate the behavior you experienced. However, when I changed the NAV language to French, my LEAF immediately gave me turn by turn directions to the nearest Mercedes-Benz dealership because it said it wanted to surrender.

ENIAC said:
EVDRIVER said:
As if all my other LEAF issues were not enough I found a new bug that has not been mentioned here yet. I was messing with the NAV and decided to change the language to French to see how it sounded, that was when everything went South.
I was unable to duplicate the behavior you experienced. However, when I changed the NAV language to French, my LEAF immediately gave me turn by turn directions to the nearest Mercedes-Benz dealership because it said it wanted to surrender.

You guys just made my day!!! This is what we need here---a little less tension and a little more levity. :cool: :lol:

DarkStar said:
evnow said:
April 1st was 3 days ago ... atleast according to my Leaf.
It depends which clock you're going off of. I heard that the clocks get way out of sync due to the moon's gravitational pull... :D
Actually, the earth's axis has shifted slightly due to the earthquake.
If you have a pre-earthquake car, it's going to experience some high-voltage leakage to the clock circuit, which will cause it to drift away from GPS time. You can see this happening on the CANbus.

Back