My own (long) version of 12/11/10

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GroundLoop said:
I'm hoping the EV is a lot quieter, but it might be louder if they skimped on road-noise insulation. The battery pack might be a great noise blocking piece, though. None of us got a highway test-drive

Um, I did. But I have no clear recollection of how quiet it was on the highway.

Oh, BTW..Gudy. What is the term of your 3.49% financing?

Thanks Olivier! What a well written and informative post!

Did you get a sense that Nissan is paying attention to the forums here? Nick wrote up a great article about you and the first delivery as well!

gudy said:
The term is 60 months. I'll pay it off sooner though I think.
A few Nissan employees are reading this forum.

My local credit union (Star One CU) has a rate of 2.99% for 48 months.

gudy said:
What does that mean exactly? Are you holding back?
Or should people posting criticism hold back until they get their car?

Well I am sure they are just monitoring to find any glitches that can be easily fixed
And to get an assessment of current opinions

smkettner said:
gudy said:
What does that mean exactly? Are you holding back?
Or should people posting criticism hold back until they get their car?

I would seriously hope that no one would modify their postings based on the knowledge that Nissan employees are reading the forum. It's best for all of us if they know the true state of things, isn't it?

Gudy,

Would you mind posting a hi-res photograph of the Nissan Window Sticker from you new Black 2011 Nissan LEAF. I'd love to see all the detail posted on the sticker.

We really all do appreciate all the effort you are putting into providing all the info that we are envious that you have access to, and we do not.

Thanks

No its not free. You have to pay to visit this city via any of the bridges. They are even talking today about imposing a toll for crossing the county line on the south side.

In the "olden days" it was pay going both directions.

Then, for many years, it was pay one direction only, pay double when going the other direction.

Has it changed back to pay BOTH directions (seems unlikely)?

when I got into the car and left Petaluma, there was a paper with driving directions to our destination (useless as I was following an other LEAF), $6 were attached to it :)
That was good as I actually only had $2 in my wallet :D (and the bridges only accept cash ... which is very annoying) ...

gudy said:
when I got into the car and left Petaluma, there was a paper with driving directions to our destination (useless as I was following an other LEAF), $6 were attached to it :)
That was good as I actually only had $2 in my wallet :D (and the bridges only accept cash ... which is very annoying) ...

FasTrak is the way to go. I got one because it was a major pain in the butt digging out bridge tolls on the motorcycles. The secret they don't publicize is you don't have to carry the transponder. Register all your license tags with the account and leave the transponder at home, then just pass straight through the FasTrak lane on the bridge. No muss, no fuss.

Wow, Stealth FasTrak.
Thanks for that tip. :)

Must be a pain for them to check the "violator" photos, extract your plate "numbers" (the harder part), and consult their database (the easy part).

Or, do they have centralized pattern recognition to "extract the plates"?

Might become more of an issue (like an extra $10 fee) if many people did it.

Or, are their wireless "readers" of the transponders so unreliable that they have to accept "lots" of this kind of "not-read" situation?

I wonder what their "fail-to-read" percentage is?

Careful of the stealth fast trak plan

We're getting off topic but...

We have the same system here in Socal. And they are very clear that "failure to display the transponder" is a toll evasion, whether your plates are registered or even if it was read and you simply put it away. The end result is a CHP ticket.

Probably harder to enforce on a narrow bridge than our two wide tollways, but you get the idea.

We know return you to your regular leaf discussions. :)

Back