National Plug In Day - Sunday, October 16th

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope Orange County people support the OC event.. I think it's more important for us to represent our local area than it is to go up to SM just to be a part of the "largest EV parade". We keep complaining about how sparse the EVSE's are in OC. Otherwise people will think it's just a bunch of Santa Monica people showing off their cool toys.

xtremeflyer said:
I hope Orange County people support the OC event.. I think it's more important for us to represent our local area than it is to go up to SM just to be a part of the "largest EV parade". We keep complaining about how sparse the EVSE's are in OC. Otherwise people will think it's just a bunch of Santa Monica people showing off their cool toys.
Though I live in Sunland, I will be attending both events. It does help that I have work in Costa Mesa after the Orange event and that there is L2 charging where I park! :cool:

xtremeflyer said:

Hear, hear.

There are 17 cities participating! (http://www.pluginamerica.org/pluginday" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) As xtremeflyer said, we want to show how widespread EVs are. Santa Monica is already guaranteed press. We need to make sure OC gets exposure too.

Last I heard, Linda Nicholes scored two mini-sponsorships, from nearby Stadium Nissan, and Surf City Nissan in HB.

All the city organizers are still beating the bushes for more sponsors.

Nissan is lending the Santa Monica organizers their Aerovironment QC Charger on a flatbed. I have some photos of this rig from Alt-Car I'll post later. It would be great to have one of these at the OC event, but I don't know how many of these beasts Nissan has.

In any case, if you know of a business or group that would like to get involved, please let Linda know @ [email protected], subject line NPID-OC.

Tell your friends. Pass along this link. Don't have your LEAF yet? We'd still love to have you there.

richard said:
xtremeflyer said:

Hear, hear.

I see your "Hear, hear" and raise you a "Huzzah!" Or in other words. +1. Or is that +2. :D

Update: NPID is up to 20 cities now.

The Atlanta Falcons have given the green light for a National Plug In Day event in the parking lot during the Oct. 16 Falcons-Carolina game and they plan to include a flyer in the program booklet that goes to all 67,000 game attendees.

Here's the Dallas event:

image001lg.png

mwalsh said:
richard said:
xtremeflyer said:

Hear, hear.

I see your "Hear, hear" and raise you a "Huzzah!" Or in other words. +1. Or is that +2. :D

OK, you guys have me convinced. See you in Orange on the 16th!

tbleakne said:
I have signed up for the Santa Monica event. It should be a lot of fun. Since I am driving in from Claremont, Paul and Alexandra have promised me 10 min of QC. I guess they have a temporary QC setup for the event. This, together with some L2 charge graciously offered by Kataphn should get me home.

Yes, we have a DC-QC for the event, graciously donated by Nissan through the efforts of the hard working Tim Gallagher.

We reached out to AAA, but they don't have theirs operational in LA yet. One should do it since we have lots of J-plugs around Santa Monica, the west side and Malibu. The ones in Malibu, especially that new one on Crosscreek, are in a great location if you are going that way.

We're getting a lot of people sending rsvp's, so it looks like we'll get at least 300. We're going to take our baseline readings for pollution with the AQMD's van this next week during rush hour. We'll repeat this during the parade. Also taking db levels comparing the noise difference for the same comparison. We want to media to interview both the drivers and the people having coffee or breakfast at the outdoor cafes.

I hope all of you within reach will come. It's the first time anywhere there were enough EVs to do this. Let's make it a great event.

TonyWilliams said:
PaulScott said:
We're getting a lot of people sending rsvp's, so it looks like we'll get at least 300.

Uh, San Diego.... I get a feeling that we're not going to be close to that!

Every town is doing their own event, so whatever you do will be a good thing. We've got at least 20 cities involved now, so that fact alone is newsworthy. The LA Times has a greed to cover it with Susan Carpenter, so that'll be good.

gascant said:
Is there a good, crisp summary somewhere that has all the major events listed?

For anyone in the middle TN area, there is some information listed in the following post;

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=138748#p138748" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Am I missing something, or is Seattle not celebrating?

http://www.pluginamerica.org/pluginday" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

IBELEAF said:

http://www.pluginamerica.org/pluginday" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Well, for whatever happened, Seattle is back on the list. Think I'll venture north.

Bill

ebill3 said:
IBELEAF said:

Well, for whatever happened, Seattle is back on the list. Think I'll venture north.

Bill
Yes, we have a minor glitch on the page, so thanks for letting us know. Plug In America's President, Dan Davids, Vice President, Chad Schwitters, and board member Tom Saxton are all from Seattle, so there will be a great event up there.

Anyone going to the event on Oahu? I see that everyone is meeting on the North Shore then heading into Honolulu to hear the guest speakers at the green energy outlet.

I expect everyone will need a charge to get home after the trip to North shore and back to Honolulu. Anyone here have a point of contact? The site doesn't have a link to register, call, POC or anything.

I wish there was more information available. eg. Are we forming a parade of EVs.? Is there anywhere to charge on the north shore?

Back