NC Leaf Orders

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in the 'any day now' boat, with delivery date week of Dec 12 unchanged in the past 4 weeks or so (unlike many others).

Just a quick question after reviewing my price figures - IS IT CORRECT to charge 3% NC Highway Use tax on the car ($37,250 + splashguards $140) AS WELL AS on the $850 freight charge?? (sounds petty but it is about $27...)

Just wondering :|

lspooz said:
I'm in the 'any day now' boat, with delivery date week of Dec 12 unchanged in the past 4 weeks or so (unlike many others).

Just a quick question after reviewing my price figures - IS IT CORRECT to charge 3% NC Highway Use tax on the car ($37,250 + splashguards $140) AS WELL AS on the $850 freight charge?? (sounds petty but it is about $27...)

Just wondering :|

Yep. So says my dealer...and he's in California, so I won't be paying it to him (so he has no incentive to tell me incorrectly). Plus I did some digging at the NC DOT licensing website a few months ago and I think I found it there too...it's what you paid for it, in total.

Hey guys hope you dont mind if i jump in and say hello here?

Im in Mooresville, NC and my wife and i are considering a LEAF purchase. I see some Durham, and Wilkesboro locations, any other areas in the central/western part of the state??

Look forward to reporting back if we get a vehicle.

Jim

lspooz said:

Mine sat at Dec 10 for weeks on end until Sunday. I think once they get it off the boat then it makes its changes. I suspect the current batch that is coming in this week was on GRAND ORION (arrived in Norfolk on 12/4). According to the Tracking Ships thread, the next ship into Norfolk will be TRANQUIL ACE (12/7) or MARGUERITE ACE (12/9) so look for an update to your delivery date some time around then.

Finally some good news :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Received a call from Jesse from Nissan, and he said my Leaf would arrive at the dealership wed , Dec 7, or the next day. Wish me luck. Wishing you Luck as well. Santa Claus is Coming to a town near you.
Mule Ferguson :D

Wow! I've had my Carwings/VIN since October! How strange that you only got it the day before it's ready!

According to your VIN you're over 100 ahead of me, so I guess mine's definitely on the next boat. Was really hoping they'd call tomorrow or Friday. Enjoy!

Re VIN: Yes I noticed that all you had VIN # and got on the chat and ask why I had not received and they said they would check with corporate. 2 days later they sent me and email saying the dealer was not a 100% certified dealer due to some tools not in place. Tuesday I got the a call from Jesse saying the car would be here wed or thursday. I checked with the general mgr here at the dealership and he also received a call saying the same. then I received the VIN# and pin to set up car wings via email. also this morning I looked at my delivery date and it has been moooooooved back to Dec 14. Today I will be camped out at the Nissan Store to see who is correct.

Still :mrgreen:
Mule

BECO (from High Point) just finished installing my Progress Energy Plugged In program AeroVironment charging dock! Took just about an hour. They had a huge wiring run to make (all of about 16 inches from the panel to the unit!) So now I'm good to go on the charging front.

They told me that they were in Wilmington yesterday, so their territory is huge. That's a lot of miles to go install these things--must be a factor why the installation costs AV charges are so high. Too bad they don't have a larger network of local contractors they can use. Additionally the guys told me that by far Raleigh has the largest concentration of installs, which again begs the question why they don't find a Raleigh-based sub-contractor.

Anyway, I'm pleased and relieved to know that I'll be able to charge right away when the car arrives. Speaking of which, why hasn't the dealer called yet?? :?

Hmm...I guess I forgot to ask if/how the device communicates to Progress. After all, monitoring my energy usage patterns with the EV was one of the reasons they have this program and one of the things I had to agree to to participate. I don't see any obvious means of communication (other than possibly broadband over power lines which may not be visible). I wonder if they are simply monitoring overall power usage and will deduce what the EV is using based on differences from historical data.

Not in my case, but these guys said they do assessments as well. My assessment was done way back in August, so maybe they switched vendors in the interim.

Just got THE call! :D

Going to pick it up at 3:00!

Just to sum up the details for those that are still waiting and want to estimate their own deliveries, here is the recent history:

First, VIN# is 16138
Carwings/VIN# became available on 10/28
Delivery dashboard read 12/10 delivery for quite some time, but on Dec 4th changed to 12/15
It never did go to "PENDING" as some others have reported happens (it is still reading 12/15)
Based on "a little birdie" the car actually arrived at the dealer late on 12/8
Car is prepped and ready to pick up on 12/9

BECO just finished my Progress Energy Plugged In program AeroVironment charging dock. They did a nice job. I asked how the unit was going to communicate with Progress Energy, and the installer told me that the units involved with the power company have an extra circuit board and cell phone antenna build into the unit. So now we know. I was hoping to get the call today, but nothing yet. Still says Dec 12th.

I just got the call from the Dealer, the car is in, they need to prep it, and hoping I can pick it up tomorrow afternoon :D

8/4/11 Reserved my new Leaf.
8/8/11 Request for a Quote.
8/9/11 Quote received and accepted.
8/9/11 Order confirmed.
8/13/11 Estimated Delivery: Pending
9/9/11 Estimated Delivery: Month of December 2011
10/28/11 Estimated Delivery: Week of Dec. 9th.
12/4/11 Estimated Delivery: Week of Dec. 12th.
12/9/11 Charging dock installed.
12/9/11 Call from the dealer, the car is in :D

Back