New Leaf Owner in British Columbia

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dheywood71

Love all the great information from all you experience Leaf owners. I bought my Leaf to commute from Squamish to Vancouver. My round trip is 150 km per day. Most of my driving is highway 80 km per hour. Until I get use to the range I have been plugging in at work 110 volts. I have used the 240 volt plug in at the Nissan Dealership in North Vancouver when I thought I couldn't make it. I have started a log in the Notes App on my I Phone every time I use the Leaf to commute in. Noting temperature, rain, bars used and remaining, and guess o meter reading at the start and finish of my trip. I have tried trips using the cruise control as much as possible driving the speed limit. I have also tried driving with the traffic typically doing 90 to 100 km per hour. So far I have concluded doing the speed limit on cruise control gives a good result. I'll know better after a month or two of data collection. Waiting for the first quick charger to be installed in my area. Range will no longer be an issue. Can't believe the money I'm saving driving a Leaf. Typical fuel bill per month was $600.00 I figure my Hydro bill is going to go up between $40 and $60 per month. My boss has no problem with me plugging in at work for free. I work at four different waterfront locations and so far haven't had any problem plugging in. :cool:

Welcome, and congrats on getting a Leaf! I'm confident that you will find this forum all that you hoped it to be, and more. If you haven't already, please be sure to check in with fellow Canadian Leafers on Facebook. The link to their group is in my signature. Happy Leafing!

Back