New Slogan from Daughter

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

downeykp

We were driving home from dinner last night and were talking about the Leaf (which my daughter drives to college everyday). After some idle chit chat about who knows what my daughter says, "I just thought of a new slogan for the Leaf." She said, "Leaf, changing the world 100 miles at a time."
Sounds like something that would be good on a bumper sticker or a license plate frame.

Yes, I like it....If Nissan is smart they have someone trolling this website for information / product research. Sounds like a winning slogan to me.

This is a very old thread, but I thought I'd revive it. I'm printing shirts for a show this weekend where I'm exhibiting the Leaf, and am looking for ideas for a slogan.

What would you put on your tee-shirt for an EV Car Show?

So far, here are the ideas that I have (many unscrupulously stolen from people on this forum - thank you!):

I don’t brake. I regenerate.
It’s more car than electric.
(thanks to this thread) Leaf, changing the world 100 miles at a time.
Think Electric.
90 mph at the speed of electricity.
That loud sound you hear is your heart racing.
Innovation for the planet.
World Car Of The Year 2011.
An Arctic Fox’s Best Friend.
A Polar Bear’s Best Friend.
Don’t half gas it.
Try plugging in instead of filling up.
What if your phone could charge your car for a change?
EV, Looking For A Hot Outlet.
My other car is a Schwinn.
(and, of course) Zero Emissions.

Bob

<Evil Mode ON>
You have to imagine the use of a strike-thru font and the numbers aligned on top of each other for this to work. (I couldn't get a bbCode tag for strike-thru or code to work here)

Leaf, changing the world 100 miles at a time.
(Sorry, couldn't help it..)

I was thinking of adding something like:
<8 bar warranty>
..to the bottom, but thought that was too much...

desiv

desiv said:
<Evil Mode ON>
You have to imagine the use of a strike-thru font and the numbers aligned on top of each other for this to work. (I couldn't get a bbCode tag for strike-thru or code to work here)

Leaf, changing the world 100 miles at a time.
(Sorry, couldn't help it..)
..to the bottom, but thought that was too much...

desiv[/quote]

Something similar occurred to me when I saw this thread. I wonder what the OP from 2011 would say now about the "100 miles at a time" slogan.... Perhaps "a few miles at a time" would suit all.

Well, given my signature, I'm partial to something like

• Shift your paradigm, not your transmission.

You might also say "SHIFT_ your paradigm, not your transmission", but that might be too clever by half.

Bob said:
This is a very old thread, but I thought I'd revive it. I'm printing shirts for a show this weekend where I'm exhibiting the Leaf, and am looking for ideas for a slogan.

So far, here are the ideas that I have (many unscrupulously stolen from people on this forum - thank you!):

[...]

Bob

Bob said:

In my area a shirt might say:
Powered with 17% wind... so far

How about "Cool drivers can touch under the hood"? Might be a better shirt for a lady!
"give it a good gas kickin' "
"My other car's... in the shop... again!"
"Shocking truth... zero emissions, billions of charging locations"
"Tune up, $79.00; fill up $44.00; oil change, $35.00; emission free... priceless"
"114 MPGe sounds sweet to me"
"EV... where peak oil meets peak electric demand" (when they do the two-way battery stuff back to the grid at peak time)
"Refining a gallon of gas uses enough energy for me to go over 10 miles"
"But what if global warming and air pollution is all a hoax and we make the world better for nothing!?"
"a cubic mile a year of petroleum... what's your "B" plan? Mine is renewables."

"$100/mo from each of us, no wonder Arabs are rich"
"What is it in the gas now that makes it cost 20% more than last month?"
"How much has gas technology improved in the last 20 years?"
"But what about when the battery is no longer usable? ...I recycle it, replace it, and drive another decade"
"But it will be worthless junk once the battery goes... do you junk your ICE car when the transmission goes?"
"EVs use energy produced locally by people employed locally"
"Invest your recent gas savings in an EV and you won't care when prices go back up"
"How much fuel does it take to discover, drill, pump, store, pump, refine, store, pump, and deliver a gallon of gas to your station?"
"Soldiers don't die in foreign lands for coal, wind and solar"
"Which would you rather get working, a 10yr old gas lawn mower, or a 10yr old electric table saw?"
"The last 5 things you paid over $100 to fix on your car, don't even exist on mine"
"Cool Hand Luke must have been driving electric" (no hot muffler, no hot engine, no hot oil, no hot transmission)
"How can I explain the value of zero emissions to someone driving a Diesel ICE with a pack of cigarettes in their pocket?"
"Sure you save on gas, but your electric bill goes up! ...yes, I save $120 on gas and my electric bill goes up $20"
"Sure the car is zero emissions, but the coal power is dirty. ...yes, but we can't put $100M of emission controls on each of the cars"
"But what if I want to go farther than 84 miles? ...take the other car ...wait for 2017 MY ...stop for 20-30min and QC. Think of it like a quick lube stop, cuz you won't have any of those to schedule in to your day anymore"
"But if EVERYONE drove an EV, all the gas truck drivers, gas station clerks, and oil change shops will go out of business! ...true that! Their help is needed building and installing wind and solar, and batteries for cars and grid storage, and QC locations."
"The $7,500 tax credit makes the first 15 months of payments, 15 months of fuel savings makes the next 3 months of payments, 18 months driving electric saves 6 oil changes ...name an ICE you can drive for free for 18 months and have it save you $250 in oil changes to boot."

How about "Got charge?" ...and a plugshare map of the area.

Bob said:

It’s more car than electric.
(thanks to this thread) Leaf, changing the world 100 miles at a time.
Think Electric.
90 mph at the speed of electricity.
That loud sound you hear is your heart racing.
Innovation for the planet.
World Car Of The Year 2011.
An Arctic Fox’s Best Friend.
A Polar Bear’s Best Friend.
Don’t half gas it.
Try plugging in instead of filling up.
What if your phone could charge your car for a change?
EV, Looking For A Hot Outlet.
My other car is a Schwinn.

Bob

Two quips I use frequently -
Burn Electrons
Burn Photons

kikngas said:
"
"Sure you save on gas, but your electric bill goes up! ...yes, I save $120 on gas and my electric bill goes up $20"
Or:

"yes, I save $60 on fuel, and my electric bill goes up $80 because I live in California. But it is still a fun car to drive."

Back