Newby here a few questions

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petmil

I'm picking up my new leaf tomorrow.. I have been reading that I'm entitled to 2 free battery checks yearly I live in Canada.

I saw on a thread that some people give their 12 volt battery a trickle charge once in a while is that safe to do or will it back feed into the main battery..

Anyone have the Nissan fitted rubber/plastic mud and snow mats for the front and rear they are a reasonable price how do you like them and is the fit good.

That's it for now Thanks in advance for any replies back Peter

Congrats on the new car!

I cannot speak to the 12V from experience, but I highly doubt that you would have a "backfeeding" issue with a trickle charger. Hopefully someone with more knowledge can correct me if I'm wrong.

I do have the all weather mats and the mud flaps. The mats fit well and hold up to our abusing winters. We get a lot of snow (and hence road salt), and the mats protect the carpeting very well. I recommend them.

The mud flaps are another story. They do not seem to be large enough to block the car from the onslaught of road gunk. Yet at the same time, they are big enough to catch snow in the wheel well. The snow accumulates there, and gets packed tight until it turns into ice blocks that are nearly impossible to get out. I don't recommend the mud flaps if you get lots of snow.

Back