Nissan paid for my fuel during a repair!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkallen21

I was pleasantly surprised when the service adviser told me to keep my gas receipts from the rental car they put me in and that Nissan would likely pay me back. I called 1-800-Nissan-1, and they asked me to fax the Nissan dealer work order and then gas receipt. It to me a few days to do this and they actually called back asking if I still planned to send them. After I faxed them, the called back twice more saying a) we received them and are getting approval and b) that they had gained approval and a check was being processed.

Nissan is winning me over with things like that. I have never had someone call me when they owed me money and quite frankly, I couldn't believe they paid the gas bill to begin with. Yes, it's technically "fair" for them to do so since I don't normally buy gas, but I still feel like they are going the extra mile.

I have been given a "Free Rental" for the 3 times I have taken the Leaf in for warranty work (finally got the parts and replaced them). All three times I was told the rental is covered by Nissan but I needed to fill up before returning the car. Now I know that next time I can keep the receipts and send them on to Nissan. Thanks for this info.

Is this a new policy across the board, or just for LEAF repairs, or only specific to jkallen21 and or his dealership? Perhaps a trial promotion? Jkallen21, what was the nature of your repair?

I had my heater repaired but I dont think that mattered. I was told "because you're a leaf owner, keep your receipts".

Back