NissanConnect EV / Telematics Hardware Update, for the post-2G world

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jdcbomb said:
jdcbomb said:
jdcbomb said:
2013 SL. TCU upgrade completed 2016.12.28 evening time. Waited almost 72 hrs and attempted to sign-in from the vehicle using the NissanConnect EV PIN / PW from the Nissan Owner's Portal (not the login info...but in "Edit Vehicle" section).

Vehicle unable to connect. Tried 4 times and keeps failing. Anything I am doing wrong? Signal strength showing 2 bars inside vehicle.

Update: Service team at dealer informed me there is some kind of technical issue / outage affecting all "new" "just registered" TCU units attempting to communicate with the server. Next update not until Monday.

Update: When attempting to login in CarWings...the screen continues to show "unable to connect" message. My TCU was replaced about 5 days ago, so it should have been registered by now. Anyone else with very recent (last week) upgrades not able to connect?

Update: Now a week later, car continues to show "failed" connection error when attempting to sign-in. Called Nissan Connect Support and they are making me go back to the dealer as several Vehicle IDs are missing from the system screen (TCU ID, SIM ID, etc). I'm a little pissed off as this dealer has done replacements before. I may be demanding a partial refund for them to fix this.

I had my TCU upgrade done in late December also. I'm still not able to log in. I can get to the page where it asks you to connect, and your username and password is already filled in, but it always says it cannot connect to the center.

It's getting to the point where I really need to be able to use this feature, and not just because I paid for it. When I connect at work, I'm not always able to get on our charger right away. It's nice to be able to check and see if my Leaf is charging without walking all the way out there.

Probably a dumb question, but does anyone have the EV help number referenced in the first post. I might give them a call. Thanks!

Zagmeister said:
Nothing but great news here - New TCU replacement part arrived in 3 days, installed today PM in about one hour, activated and registered correctly by Dealer, and worked perfectly out of the shop :D

Tested both on cell phone and wifi for all aspects of functionality and performs smoothly. And BTW, our G2 was still functioning in Champaign, IL up to the point when I took the Leaf (SV 13) in today around 3 PM. I highly recommend Illini Nissan in Champaign, IL.

Wow - done and done right first shot!

I'm glad you've had this experience with Illini Nissan, mine has been a bit different. I've had the new TCU installed late December, but still can't connect. I'm going to try a few things listed here and then call them back. I'm wondering if I was the test run on this... They didn't seem to know what I was talking about when I first called.

Carwings update. I use this every day. It was working last night @ 10pm EST when I last checked it. It has not worked today in multiple locations via the app or website either one. So it looks like lights out in Louisville, KY

I also contacted my local Nissan dealer in Louisville mid-December about the upgrade and they had no idea what I was talking about. I even gave them some of the info from a letter posted on this site and it didn't help them either. Said they would call me if they ever heard anything. I won't hold my breath.

CW
2012 Nissan Leaf S

I'm only hanging on to the car for a few more months, so I wasn't planning on getting the upgrade done ('13 SV).

I can report that 2G doesn't seem to be dead here (Clark County / Southwest WA state). Was able to to start charging and climate at around 540P local time on 03 Jan.

I suspect that the networks are not over-subscribed up here, and that AT&T will focus on reclaiming spectrum in more heavily congested urban areas first.

I took my 15 Leaf to the dealer 2 days ago for the 3G upgrade. It was only the second one they had done and didn't seem to be very knowledgeable about it. Afterwards my phone wouldn't connect and they were going to have a tech look at it, but he had just left for lunch and I didn't feel like waiting. It still won't work and when I try to connect to the center from the menu button on the car and signing into carwings it says it cannot connect to the center. Any ideas? Trying to save myself the hassle of going back to the dealer....

Have you called Nissan yet? I know you have to go through the whole reset thing since Carwings doesn't exist anymore right?

It's different now. Call the Leaf support and see what's up.

Hi All,
I had my 2015 upgraded on Monday 01/02. (The dealer had my pin & password when they upgraded it). It's now 2 days later. Nothing!
I've tried all the tips; selecting AT&T manually & automatically, tried re-entering my EV pin & password - all to no avail.
Signing on from the car -- screen says it's connecting, then audio announces it's connecting (or connected??), waits and waits and waits, then a message on screen that connection failed, retry Yes/No.
I don't know if it is connecting to the server and NissanConnect, then failing an identity setting - or not connecting at all.
I've also tried connecting to the car from the owners portal on the internet, through the phone app, and both say they couldn't connect with my car.

The dealer swears all procedures were done, and it is active.

I don't have time during the day to play the finger pointing game - Nissan blames dealer, dealer blames Nissan.... my boss would kill me for not working and being on the phone.

Has anyone figured out the true issue why these upgrades are not working out?? Has Nissan sent the dealers any revisions on the procedure?

Thanks for any help given!!
Mike

Update 01/07:
I've been checking at least twice each day to see if my car would connect - no go.
Today, I called the dealer from work and told my service adviser my car was not connecting, nor could I connect to the car from the website or phone app.
He put me on hold and talked with the mechanic. They both agreed that the car was set up correctly and my problem was with Nissan.
I mentioned the asterisks in the TCU number field etc. etc. Nope, still Nissan's issue.
So I hung up and called Nissan, while on hold, I decided to try get the car to connect again - and magically it connected right up, asked me to answer a Yes/No question and I was connected and downloading charging stations... Never did speak to anyone at Nissan. Must have been magic!!!

Mike

I know it is called Nissan Connect now and I remember doing something about a year ago to get it paired and working again. I was able to control the charging and climate control from my phone and the computer before the upgrade. I will try to call tomorrow. I really don't have time to take off work to take it to the dealer again and I'm not sure they would be much help anyway :(. Frustrating......

This is the number to call for IT support on the EV Connect 1-855-426-6628.

I just called and they had me go out to the car and look at the carwings settings. There was no number for the TCU, only asterisks so they told me the dealer did not complete the job and I have to take it back there to get it fixed--yay!

Here is the help number: 1-855-426-6628

They told me the TCU number on my carwings setting was not showing a number which indicated the dealer did not complete the job and I have to take it back there. Good luck!

Asia93 said:
Here is the help number: 1-855-426-6628

They told me the TCU number on my carwings setting was not showing a number which indicated the dealer did not complete the job and I have to take it back there. Good luck!

Thanks!!

Looks like the shutdown is commencing. No longer working in Las Vegas.

For some reason, I really thought it would be shut off everywhere at 11:59pm on 12/31 like a switch. Looks like it is definitely being shut down but not quite all at once.

Just got 3G TCU upgrade last Monday, tested at the dealership before leaving and worked great. When I got home and tried, not so great...failure to connect. Haven't had success since. Contacted Leaf consumer line but have only gotten the run around stating they are looking into the situation and trying to find a fix.
Anyone else had this problem since the 3G upgrade?
Very frustrated...

skhmc said:

For some reason, I really thought it would be shut off everywhere at 11:59pm on 12/31 like a switch. Looks like it is definitely being shut down but not quite all at once.

I really did lose my access on New Year's Eve, so it was before 12/31 here.

LeftieBiker said:
skhmc said:

I really did lose my access on New Year's Eve, so it was before 12/31 here.

Funny, just down the road in Syracuse, I still had access as of yesterday, 1/4/17. I no longer do, now that I've had the modem upgraded. Naturally.

Back