No charger assessment No order

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally got someone who knew what they were doing. It took 90 secs to fix. I accepted waiver. Subimitted req. It took about five mins to get response from. Dealer. Price was exactly as agreed yesterday. Accepted it. Received confirm email about one min later.
All i cansay is....i wish my dealer was in charge o the online process. Would have been mu h smoother
Hopefully i will still get my december delivery! !!

DaveinOlyWA said:
I finally got someone who knew what they were doing. It took 90 secs to fix. I accepted waiver. Subimitted req. It took about five mins to get response from. Dealer. Price was exactly as agreed yesterday. Accepted it. Received confirm email about one min later.
All i cansay is....i wish my dealer was in charge o the online process. Would have been mu h smoother

Glad to hear they finally got this worked out for you!

jhm614 said:
DaveinOlyWA said:

Glad to hear they finally got this worked out for you!

Way to go Dave; I love stories with happy endings. :D

Hey Dave,

Who did you find that knew about the waiver? I had an assessment, but there's no way I'm paying $3,000 for the installation of a device that a standard electrician has quoted me $150 for.

So I'm assuming at some point, I'll need the waiver too.

-Shannon

driveleaf said:
Hey Dave,

Who did you find that knew about the waiver? I had an assessment, but there's no way I'm paying $3,000 for the installation of a device that a standard electrician has quoted me $150 for.

So I'm assuming at some point, I'll need the waiver too.

-Shannon

I chatted with Hillary, I don't know who Dave's rep was, but I suppose you'll just have to be lucky enough to get a knowledgeable person on the line.

garygid said:
I suspect that you will NOT need the waiver because you had the AV assessment.
Well, when I ordered I had to say either that the AV price was to be included in the price of the LEAF, or that I would pay for it by credit card. I took the second choice, naturally, and I do plan to cancel the order if for some perverse reason checking that box was treated as an acceptance of the AV bid.

Edit: I mean cancel the AV order, not the LEAF order!

it was a guy but don't remember the name. should've wrote it down because it took him less than 2 minutes to fix the issue.

Don't know if he had the benefit of dealing with an issue that was more than 24 hours old and the fix was well established by then or not. But i really didn't care, he got it done. Thee rest was a breeze.

From acceptance of waiver to price confirmation....that all took. Less than 5 mins of my time. My dealer esponded each time almost immediately which was good because i did this between breaks at work

Sorry if this has already been covered somewhere, but does anyone know when those of us in the "December order" group can schedule the charger assessment? I assume it has to be before December, but it doesn't seem to be enabled for me yet...

StrangerTides said:
Sorry if this has already been covered somewhere, but does anyone know when those of us in the "December order" group can schedule the charger assessment? I assume it has to be before December, but it doesn't seem to be enabled for me yet...

That's something we don't know yet.

StrangerTides said:

I don't know either for those of us at the top end of the Atlantic South + Alabama, but you'll hear me all over this when it starts happening. In a way, I'll be happy if we don't hear anything until November as I'll be busy in September and October with other things and actually I hope have a local electrician quote me a price before I ever have to pony up the $99 for the AV-hired local guy. I may still buy the AV unit, but I hope the Leviton one is ready by then! Then, I can just have my guy do it before 31 Dec so I can get the EVSE tax credit. I just hope installing the EVSE 4 months before the car can possibly be delivered won't cause an Audit. :lol:

StrangerTides said:
Sorry if this has already been covered somewhere, but does anyone know when those of us in the "December order" group can schedule the charger assessment? I tassume it has to be before December, but it doesn't seem to be enabled for me yet...

Considering everything that's gone on, i would strongly recommend callin nissan customer support to verify your dashboard is working correctly. .

DaveinOlyWA said:
StrangerTides said:
Sorry if this has already been covered somewhere, but does anyone know when those of us in the "December order" group can schedule the charger assessment? I tassume it has to be before December, but it doesn't seem to be enabled for me yet...

Considering everything that's gone on, i would strongly recommend callin nissan customer support to verify your dashboard is working correctly. .

I don't even know if people in Texas and Hawaii have had their assessments yet. Stranger is in Florida, I'm in Virginia: we both have to wait until December to RAQ. There's lots of time for Nissan to get AV to schedule an assessment between now and then. Not that I trust them to, but they certainly could. I'm more concerned about the Texas and Hawaii orders. Have any of them been assessed, since they start their orders later this month!

YAY... ECOtality finally got back to me!

It looks like my house will cost more than the project allows but I can get a $1200 credit and still participate. :)

Now only if they can come out and do the assessment soon so I can order. :)

Gavin said:
No charger assessment No order....

I got a call from Nissan last night...I might not be ordering at all.

sigh.

Gavin

Why don't you just sign the waver? Was your quote extremely high for the charger?

Gavin said:
No charger assessment No order....

I got a call from Nissan last night...I might not be ordering at all.

sigh.

Gavin

If you're in the EV Project, you don't necessarily have to have an assessment done like you do with AV.

no...long post later if all things go south...i hope not to make that post...

I plan to use my car mostly in New Mexico. Nissan, or at least a manager in Tennessee doesn't like that and....well today should tell how it all goes.

Hopefully it all blows over...if not, eh, life goes on.

Gavin

Nissan doesn't want the car in non roll-out states...It's their car, so they can try to limit it's exposure outside those 5 states. Me? I think that is a mistake and short sighted. But the ball is in Nissan's hands. If they want to cancel my order, fine. I would prefer they don't...but they will do what they think is best for them.

Either way, I'll survive and I'm sure they will to.

Gavin

Back