Not much in the way of local inventory

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FormerFF

Did a little internet search for LEAF inventory. According to Nissan, my five closest dealers have a total of four cars, and three have none. Regal, who is closest, had as many as 8 for a while, and now have none. I wonder if the 2012 inventory is nearly depleted.

Where are you located? Can you update your location info?

Not too surprised though... '13 model is about to be introduced in the US. It's already been introduced in Japan and I believe it's already shipping there.

Cars.com shows 985 LEAFs in the whole US. At the current sales rate that is much less than one months supply. If Nissan wants to sell cars, they will have to release the MY13 LEAF to dealers no later than February.

FormerFF said:
Did a little internet search for LEAF inventory. According to Nissan, my five closest dealers have a total of four cars, and three have none. Regal, who is closest, had as many as 8 for a while, and now have none. I wonder if the 2012 inventory is nearly depleted.

Regal had a red one on the lot this morning when I drove by.

bradbissell said:
Cars.com shows 985 LEAFs in the whole US. At the current sales rate that is much less than one months supply. If Nissan wants to sell cars, they will have to release the MY13 LEAF to dealers no later than February.

Cutting it too close, it would seem. Creates friction in the supply chain since some areas will run out before others and most customers do have a preference for color, options, etc., and aren't happy to simply get "A Leaf". But maybe Nissan wants some pent-up demand for the 2013?

It does suggest that LEAF sales numbers for January and February will be quite low, especially if the 2013s don't start showing up until the end of February or early March. In the Miami-Ft. Lauderdale-Palm Beach metro area there are, maybe five or six, total, left for sale.

Are any of the big December price discounts still available anywhere on the remaining 2012's?

I checked a couple of the high-volume Bay area dealers. Northbay sold out, Boardwalk shows five left, but only showing list prices on their website.

My experience with Regal was two weeks ago. Very high quotes and they would not budge. All of the other dealerships I talked to were offering the low leases and the cars were flying off the lots but Regal still had five. The other dealerships were trading cars for more leafs and shipping them in which is how I got mine.

I didn't really care about color but my wife wanted red. I asked her what other colors she's like and the list was in priority "red, black, sliver, white". She made a point of saying "anything but blue". I asked why and she said she hated the blue. I took note :roll: So then something interesting happened at the dealer. He was telling how he moved 5 leafs in 2 days and just traded another dealer in Charlotte all their Leafs (but blue) for some Versas. I asked about the blue and he said they don't sell. Cars.com shows more blue in inventory than any other color so there may be something to it.

I talked to our dealer the yesterday and asked if they're getting more Leafs in. He said they're waiting to see if Nissan extends the lease deal.

-Bill

By chance, while stopping by a L.A. area dealership for a charge, I was surprised to find a new 2011 SL on the lot. Salesperson said he believed it could be had (leased) for $2K down + about $250/mo. including tax. I indicated that seemed high for a 2011, with the '13s coming soon. He said the sales manager felt he had to make a little money on the deal.

One critical issue, of course, would be how much time it may have been sitting at more than 80% charge, not to mention simple calendar degradation.

Apart from that, however, what would a good lease deal be on a 2011 at this time? In So Cal, the climate control improvements from the 2011 to 2012 MY would not be very important for me. Am I missing any other significant improvements?

Being aggressive, I'd prefer $0 to $500 down, and $200 a month or lower payments inc. tax.

Too aggressive? Or not enough?

timhebb said:
In So Cal, the climate control improvements from the 2011 to 2012 MY would not be very important for me. Am I missing any other significant improvements?
http://www.autoblog.com/2011/07/19/2012-nissan-leaf-higher-price-tag-standard-equipment/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; should be correct about '11 to '12 changes.

cwerdna said:
Where are you located? Can you update your location info?

Not too surprised though... '13 model is about to be introduced in the US. It's already been introduced in Japan and I believe it's already shipping there.

I'm in Roswell, Ga. I just now checked the five dealers on the second page of the dealer locator, one dealer had two, one had one, the other three had none.

ztanos said:
FormerFF said:

Regal had a red one on the lot this morning when I drove by.

The internet also shows they have one red SL. A few weeks ago, they had at least six.

I drove by Regal this afternoon, it looked like they had one white LEAF. I had to stop for gas, and when I pulled out, there was a red LEAF with a Regal drive out plate just in front of me.

Back