October 9 Check out the Leaf in the San Francisco Bay Area

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVPowers

Bay Area Leaf Fans!
You will have one of your first opportunities to get inside and check out the Nissan Leaf in person next weekend at Green Drive Expo - Bay Area.
Saturday, October 9th from 10am - 5pm.

No need to wait until the November Drive Electric Tour to open the doors, hop in, sit down, play with the controls and ask your questions of the Nissan folks on hand. The Leaf will be on display as part of the Bay Area's first consumer expo dedicated to hybrid, plug-in, ev and other high-tech, ecofriendly vehicles.

$10 admission at the door, but if you go to the Expo web site you can use the code "MYNISSANLEAF" to print off a coupon for FREE admission.
$5 parking.

Besides the Leaf, there will be additional green vehicles on display and available for test drives including cars from Toyota, Ford, Mitsubishi and Think. Owners will have a chance to show off their green rides as well (additional fee applies) and you'll see everything from a Mazda Miata converted to EV, to handbuilt electric car. There are speaker sessions throughout the day, including Chelsea Sexton, of Who Killed the Electric Car fame, and a panel discussion of electric vehicle owners (Tesla, Rav4-EV, Mini-E).
-
The Expo is being held in the newly-renovated historic Craneway Pavilion in the Marina district of Richmond. It used to be a Ford assembly plant an is a great place for showing off cars; floor to ceiling windows and even has a megawatt of solar power on the roof.

If you haven't seen a Leaf in person yet, why wait any longer? Now is your chance to spend some time with this sought-after car.

Note: The Leaf that Nissan will have on display is a pre-production unit and will not be available for test drives. For the drives we still have to wait until November.

Also, if you can't tell by my post, I am the event manger of Green Drive Expo - Bay Area. I have been holding these expos as a way to educating the public about hybrids, PHEV, and EVs for the past five years in the midwest, and we are excited to bring the event to the Bay Area!
--
Eric Powers

Coupon for Free entry?
A Great Idea for what sounds like a solendid event in the SF Bay area.

I wonder if there is a discount-entry coupon for the event (what was it called?) in Anaheim on 8, 9, 10 Oct where we will Test-Drive the LEAF?

garygid said:
I wonder if there is a discount-entry coupon for the event (what was it called?) in Anaheim on 8, 9, 10 Oct where we will Test-Drive the LEAF?
The event in Anaheim, and coupons for it, are bing discussed on this thread http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1395
I'm looking forward to having some of the pre-owners of Leafs stopping by Green Drive Expo - Bay Area and asking questions of the Nissan people. There still seems to be a lot of misinformation out there. It's great that sites like this are helping people sift through the rumors to find out the truth. I'd be very interested to hear anything new that is discovered at the about the Leaf at the event.

Thanks for the link, that thread did not exist when I (poorly, sorry) posted here.

Is there any way we can support you here?

Do you have a list of vendors and booths that you can post here?

Back