Official Ford Focus Electric Thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just purchased the FFE and I like it. Too bad the community isn't as strong as this one.

Some of the issues with the Stop Safely Now message worry me, but I will just keep an eye out as I put more miles on it.

I wanted a Leaf but I couldn't get one for a good price. Summers are pretty hot over here so I thought the active liquid cooling would help as well.

thait84 said:
I just purchased the FFE and I like it. Too bad the community isn't as strong as this one.

Some of the issues with the Stop Safely Now message worry me, but I will just keep an eye out as I put more miles on it.

I wanted a Leaf but I couldn't get one for a good price. Summers are pretty hot over here so I thought the active liquid cooling would help as well.

hope you enjoy it and its hard to get a strong community when you dont have the #'s. hopefully the FFEV will do well and Ford will see fit to increase production

DaveinOlyWA said:
hope you enjoy it and its hard to get a strong community when you dont have the #'s. hopefully the FFEV will do well and Ford will see fit to increase production

+1 And don't forget we used to have Focus Electric Forum of which I am the second one to join yet have never posted. :roll:

thait84 said:

Summers are pretty hot... where..?

Is the delivery date you have in your profile is that your FFE purchase ?

mkjayakumar said:
thait84 said:

Summers are pretty hot... where..?

Is the delivery date you have in your profile is that your FFE purchase ?

San Fernando Valley in Los Angeles.

No, it is the date I registered here. I don't think there was an option to not fill it out when I registered.

TimeHorse said:
DaveinOlyWA said:

+1 And don't forget we used to have Focus Electric Forum of which I am the second one to join yet have never posted. :roll:

I registered there too. I think there are a couple sites where people are joining, but the posts come in really slowly.

I tend to read this site in addition to gm-volt to just get more information about batteries and EVSEs and what not. There is a wealth of information here.

T3pGo4

ill take one at this price.

toasty said:
T3pGo4

Nice price, but as I drove 20,000 in 54 weeks (52 really as I was out of the country for 2 weeks) then what does that cost. It says 20 cents per mile after 34,125 but above 10,500. What's up with that?

TimeHorse said:
Nice price, but as I drove 20,000 in 54 weeks (52 really as I was out of the country for 2 weeks) then what does that cost. It says 20 cents per mile after 34,125 but above 10,500. What's up with that?

Lease is for 875 miles per month... that's what's up with that.

TimeHorse said:
toasty said:
T3pGo4

i am sure there are other mileage options as there always is. at 20 cents a mile that is $200 per thousand definitely not something you would want to do. keep in mind, limited range might mean you wont drive that much

DaveinOlyWA said:
i am sure there are other mileage options as there always is. at 20 cents a mile that is $200 per thousand definitely not something you would want to do. keep in mind, limited range might mean you wont drive that much

This is perfect for people in AZ since they drive less than 7500/year. haha.

palmermd said:
TimeHorse said:

Lease is for 875 miles per month... that's what's up with that.
And if you intend to drive it 20,000 miles per year, after 39 months that would be 65,000 miles ! And it would cost you a mileage penalty on the FFE lease of $ 6,175 ! ( 65,000 less 34,125 allowed in 39 months times $0.20 )

I dunno about that... I'm averaging over 14,500 a year in the Leaf.

DaveinOlyWA said:

DaveinOlyWA said:
... keep in mind, limited range might mean you wont drive that much
We're on a 15k miles/year LEAF lease and are slightly exceeding it ... with almost ZERO not-at-home charging. And we have someone else on this forum in the 50k miles in less than two years, right (although I don't recall his rate of public charging) ?

DaveinOlyWA said:
TimeHorse said:

Note, when I said 20,000 mi in 54 weeks, I meant in CO2 Fre Nissan LEAF. So the FFE wouldn't be any different. Some of us get by on 80 mi max per day most days and thus rack 'em up like crazy.

toasty said:
i found a used FFE for only $27,000. with only 6k miles.

damn, is this a good deal?

i really want that 6kWh charger

umm, i say its a deal. its $40,000 minus 7500 tax credit which gives it a value of $32,500 so its lost $5500 in value which is just about right on the high side.

for a 6 month old car or whatever, losing $5500 is a bit steep but not overly so

toasty said:
i found a used FFE for only $27,000. with only 6k miles.

damn, is this a good deal?

i really want that 6kWh charger

have turned that faster charger option over and over in my head and it still seems to land the same way every time and that is that its simply not fast enough to make a difference.

the LEAF's effective range (we say 70 since I can get that easily in Winter or 80 in Summer) means that every time I got farther than that;

Dec; 4
Nov; 1
Oct; 4
Sept; 0
Aug; 7
Jul; 7
Jun; 5

(no QC before that. so....)

means a very long stop to charge up. I have blogged a ton on this so guessing you know where to find that stuff but have a lot of days were simple relatively local errands ran me over 80 miles. had a few days in the 110-130 mile range where a total of 30-40 minutes of quick charging between various time dependent errands was able to enable me to get er done!

now i truly believe the argument "i dont have any quick charge stations near me" is going to change. At least I hope to be able to enable that change because a quick charge station installed that only Nissan LEAFs can use is one thing i will suggest that Nissan install at every LEAF certified Nissan dealer in the country on their own dime. that way, the dealership only need pay the juice costs. (dont think it will happen any other way. a lot of dealerships simply dont make a lot of money...)

now; the ONE biggest thing that QC gives us and that is convenience. i find that L2's that are not in the very very immediate area to be pretty much a hassle. if you live in SOCAL, you might not feel that way but try walking a few blocks in the PACNW at this time of year. the cold, rain, snow, etc. makes me not want to get out of the car unless its a dash across the lot to sip coffee and pick the owner's head a bit...

It is ok for me (not the best, mind you but still ok) to detour from my route say 5.8 miles (distance of Tumwater QC from my house) to get a significant charge in 15 minutes than it is for me to park somewhere, walk 3 blocks (distance from Dept of Ecology L2 to Lacey Cinemas) because i need to find something to do for 2 hours.

now, this is me and my situation but public charging abounds here probably more than most people here other than certain areas of SOCAL, SF, or Portland. So up to you to decide what will work for you.

Ford reduces FFE price for leases by up to $10,750, lowering monthly lease cost significantly, or $2,000 discount on purchase. Seems to be reacting to LEAF price drops.

http://www.edmunds.com/car-news/2013-ford-focus-electric-gets-big-discount.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back