Official Infiniti LE thread - early 2017, 60 kWh

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DanCar said:
That doesn't mean there won't be other range and price options . I'm sure there will be per old leaked Tesla spreadsheet on bluestar. 160 range was one of the options.
The old one doesn't matter - they were probably talking about a 40 kWh option. They won't offer that - they will ofcourse offer higher kWh options, if possible.

Otherwise, Tesla would have to not give supercharger with the lower capacity version. That dilutes the message.

evnow said:
The old one doesn't matter - they were probably talking about a 40 kWh option. They won't offer that - they will ofcourse offer higher kWh options, if possible.

Otherwise, Tesla would have to not give supercharger with the lower capacity version. That dilutes the message.

They can offer Supercharger on any battery size, and I doubt that it would be at least optional in every future Tesla.

The article below is mostly about Infiniti's ICEV plans, but the 2015 date estimate for the LE is good news, IMO.

...Other Infiniti expansion opportunities include alternative powertrain models, although he and de Nysschen are cautious on this topic, too.

Full electrification, diesel engines in markets outside Europe and hydrogen fuel-cell powertrains are trendy, but may not provide the biggest bang for Infiniti’s buck, especially when it is seeking money to enter new markets and expand capacity, they say.

For this reason, the brand has delayed the introduction of its first all-electric model, to be based on the LE concept car.

“We absolutely have to now prioritize investments into addressing shortcomings in our product portfolio,” de Nysschen says. “Between now and 2020, (we may need) anywhere between $10 billion and $13 billion. That’s a lot of money, and we are not going to get a blank check from Nissan. We have to pay our way, we have to earn it, and so we have to prioritize our projects on the basis of their immediate commercial return.”

Delaying the EV, which will carry the Q badging when it does arrive, also affords the brand time to fit the car with the latest in battery technology, de Nysschen says.

WardsAuto forecast data shows the Infiniti electric vehicle’s U.S. introduction pushed ahead just one model year, from ’14 to ’15...
http://wardsauto.com/management-amp-strategy/de-americanizing-brand-bigger-vehicles-seen-keys-infiniti-prosperity" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Any Infiniti EV news? Is it still happening? My Leaf lease is up in 10 months and I'm wondering what I'll drive next. I've got a Tesla Model X reservation but that may not make it in time, and we need 2 vehicles...

wantonsoup said:
Any Infiniti EV news? Is it still happening? My Leaf lease is up in 10 months and I'm wondering what I'll drive next. I've got a Tesla Model X reservation but that may not make it in time, and we need 2 vehicles...
About as much official news from Nissan on the LE as there is on battery improvements and battery replacement policies for the Leaf. They are old-school, keeping everything a secret. Not on board with the brave new world of have-a-relationship-with-your-customers social media... although they have floated a few trial balloons like SYB, and had them quickly shot down.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snipe_hunt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'd not count on it... Almost certainly not by then!

My lease is also up in about 10 months and I'm told March/April for my X reservation so we shall see...

wantonsoup said:

Personally, after the long period with no new announcements from Nissan/Infiniti, I am skeptical of the "production plans for 2015" suggested in the article below.

It seems extremely likely now that any Infiniti BEV will share the platform (and maybe the entire drivetrain) of the second-generation LEAF, so the real question is when will that design be finalized?

So, if and when we do see the LE production prototype, it may be very different from the one that debuted ~two years ago.

Infiniti named Francois Bancon to the position of product strategy boss effective April 1.

Bancon’s job will be to craft Infiniti’s future product portfolio in an effort for Infiniti to obtain 10% market share for global luxury automobiles within the next 5 years.

Bancon’s appointment to this position would not be plug-in vehicle news were it not for Bancon’s key role in getting the Nissan LEAF into production.

Since 2005, Bancon held the position of advanced product planning at Nissan, a division under which the Nissan LEAF was born.

Bancon is a Renault-Nissan lifer. His career in the auto industry kicked off in 1978 at Renault. Bancon came to Nissan in 1999.

We believe Bancon’s appointment to product strategy boss at Infiniti stirs life back into the Infiniti LE production plans for 2015. Bancon is a strong supporter of plug-in vehicles and if it’s up to him, Infiniti will someday offer a luxury plug in...
http://insideevs.com/infiniti-names-francois-bancon-product-strategy-boss-bancon-played-key-role-nissan-leaf-launch/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

At this late date, the official site is (obviously) using "reality" to describe something less than availability...

...More than just fantasy, the Infiniti LE Concept becomes reality in 2014...

http://www.infiniti.com/us/models/future_models/ev.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.dailytech.com/Production+Infiniti+LE+Electric+Sedan+Leaked+in+Patent+Drawings/article36524c.htm#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Production Infiniti LE Electric Sedan Leaked in Patent Drawings

m674db20.jpg

Video of i8 intro suggests Infiniti's new boss may help deliver the LE.

Soon, Roland ?

Roland Kruger reitterates BMW's commitment to clients and the rise in popularity of electric cars such as the 2015 BMW i8 sports electric car at the BMW Welt.

http://www.ktvu.com/videos/news/bmw-regional-head-roland-kra14ger-on-bmw-i8/vCdcZr/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bio info:

YOKOHAMA, Japan – Roland Krüger, most recently a senior vice president at BMW Group in charge of the German sales region and with an accomplished track record in the premium automotive business, will be appointed president of Infiniti and a senior vice president of the Nissan Motor Co., Ltd., the parent company of the premium brand. Krüger will be based at the company's Hong Kong headquarters and will report to Carlos Ghosn, President and CEO of Nissan Motor Co., Ltd...

Krüger joined BMW in 1998 as a manager of Strategic Product Planning. He earned regular advancement through the BMW Group, including heading the Product and Price Planning area for the Asia-Pacific, Africa and East Europe region, heading Regional Marketing for Asia-Pacific, Africa and East Europe, and serving as managing director of the BMW Group in Asia. In 2008 he was named president and CEO of BMW Group, Japan, and in 2013 was appointed to his most recent position...
http://infinitinews.com/en-US/infiniti/usa/releases/roland-kr-ger-to-lead-infiniti" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TomT said:
Infiniti needs all the help they can get! Their product line is a disaster!
Interestingly I see a lot of Infinitis around here - more than Acura for sure.

But Acura does sell 40% more than Infiniti US wide.

I see very few here and the majority of the ones I do see are that hideous land yacht SUV! Lots of Acuras though (we owned two ourselves)... Infinitis are also very old technologically compared to Acuras and others in that segment...

evnow said:
TomT said:
Infiniti needs all the help they can get! Their product line is a disaster!
Interestingly I see a lot of Infinitis around here - more than Acura for sure.

TomT said:
Infinitis are also very old technologically compared to Acuras and others in segment
What could you possibly be talking about? Nissan/Infiniti is not my favorite brand but they are on the cutting edge of technology more than any other mainstream brand by a country mile.

Nope. Since we were discussing Acura, I'll use that as a reference. In the MDX, the infotainment and navigation system, torque vectoring, SHAWD, safety systems, adaptive drive, just to mention a few, are heads and shoulders over anything that Infiniti offers in their comparable vehicles... Not to mention that Acuras have far better reliability and resale value... Other than the G35/37 (and lately they have ruined that too), I've never seen an Infiniti that I would even remotely consider...

wantonsoup said:
TomT said:
Infinitis are also very old technologically compared to Acuras and others in segment
What could you possibly be talking about? Nissan/Infiniti is not my favorite brand but they are on the cutting edge of technology more than any other mainstream brand by a country mile.

You're ill-informed. Infiniti isn't for you, that's fine. But you're wrong to say they are not technologically advanced. Just leave this thread, which is about Infiniti, if it isn't for you. I'm not going to waste my time pointing out the laundry list of areas where Infiniti bests Acura, you're biased and won't be swayed.

Back