Official Tesla Model S thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TomT said:
This makes sense since there is little or no advantage to battery life below 50% charge and they may have also felt that customers would select 30% thinking it would give better battery life and then find themselves potentially short on charge if their driving changed slightly...
Wish Nissan would incorporate this so we could charge to the SOC we need without fooling around with the timer. We could set a charge level and end time and be done with it.

TonyWilliams said:
Tesla Motors Inc
NASDAQ: TSLA - May 13 3:05pm ET
85.82+9.06 (11.80%)
Does the market action on Tesla stock warrant its own thread? (vs model S discussion)
I think there may be more going on here than a short squeeze.

TomT said:
Makes me Happy.... I bought at 24...

TonyWilliams said:
Tesla Motors Inc
85.82+9.06 (11.80%)
Me too. I bought @ 30. I'm seriously considering selling when I triple my money and re-buy when it inevitably comes back down. But... :?

LTLFTcomposite said:
TonyWilliams said:
Tesla Motors Inc
85.82+9.06 (11.80%)
Does the market action on Tesla stock warrant its own thread? (vs model S discussion)
I think there may be more going on here than a short squeeze.
I'd say yes. Be interesting to me anyway.
Pete

This company is starting to sound like Apple when Steve Jobs came back and took it to the stratosphere. When I win the lotto, this car will be my first purchase, talk about having it together, skipping the middleman(stealership) to avoid headaches and excellent customer service. Welcome to to next generation of automobile industry. Love it when people think outside the box and don't bring bad old habits, technology, thinking to the Tesla.

Tesla looks to be the next Apple to me with a brighter future.

Ian B

GeekEV said:
Me too. I bought @ 30. I'm seriously considering selling when I triple my money and re-buy when it inevitably comes back down. But... :?

I bought three times over the past year or so since the ipo. 21,24,29. I sold 1/3 of my shares last week at $62. I plan to sell another 1/3 at $110 and I plan to keep the other 1/3 long term. Ill buy back the 2/3 if the price drops again to something that seems sustainable. It's been an exiting few weeks and it looks like the fun will continue a while longer.

I saw one today on hwy 52 in Winston Salem, NC, I am in love, I got to start playing the lottery. Can't wait to see what Tesla has instore for us regular folks. BTW eff NC politicians for now making it illegal for Tesla to sell cars here.

I finally had the opportunity to test drive a Model S.

That was a lot of fun. :cool:

I like the size of the S - it's very similar to the Dodge Intrepid I had before I bought the Leaf.

redLEAF said:
LTLFTcomposite said:
I think of Jim Cramer as a little kooky, but this was one of his more thoughtful moments:
http://www.thestreet.com/_yahoo/video/11918867/tesla-wait-turns-off-cramer.html?cm_ven=YAHOOV&cm_cat=FREE&cm_ite=NA&s=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks for this ... always, always take whatever Cramer says with a grain of salt. And after all that, he actually agreed that if he could get one today and not have to wait 9 months he would buy one.>>>>>
My understanding is that depending upon what options one orders, the wait time from reservation to delivery is now down to the range of 2-3 months or even less. Hopefully the orders will keep coming in fast enough to keep the factory operating at maximum efficiency.

Valdemar said:
Anyone has any predictions if a 2-3 year old used model S is going to be a good buy down the road?
My guess is it will be about the same as a 2 or 3 year old Roadster is now.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-TESLA-ROADSTER-/251275931912?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3a81367108" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KJD said:
Valdemar said:
Anyone has any predictions if a 2-3 year old used model S is going to be a good buy down the road?
My guess is it will be about the same as a 2 or 3 year old Roadster is now.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-TESLA-ROADSTER-/251275931912?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3a81367108" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I would think it has to hold value better as there would be many more potential buyers for it. But in general, say it depreciates ~50% will it make sense to buy one used?

Valdemar said:
I would think it has to hold value better as there would be many more potential buyers for it. But in general, say it depreciates ~50% will it make sense to buy one used?
50% of post tax credit or pre-tax credit ?

Let us look at a the 85 kWh model that costs about $90k (pre tax credit). If you can get one for $45k after 3 years, it is probably a "good value". it would still travel over 200 miles on a charge. You would be paying double the Leaf price for a car that has double the range and is much larger, with much better performance.

evnow said:
Valdemar said:

Let us look at a the 85 kWh model that costs about $90k (pre tax credit). If you can get one for $45k after 3 years, it is probably a "good value". it would still travel over 200 miles on a charge. You would be paying double the Leaf price for a car that has double the range and is much larger, with much better performance.

I guess it will also depend on the reliability record, I wouldn't want to end up with a car that breaks a lot and costs a lot to fix close to or after the end of factory warranty.

Valdemar said:
evnow said:
Valdemar said:

I guess it will also depend on the reliability record, I wouldn't want to end up with a car that breaks a lot and costs a lot to fix close to or after the end of factory warranty.
all these questions is why I am in the lower cost LEAF, only after there is a real track record, answers for all these important questions would I consider bringing home a Tesla which I think is a superior car

How ironic, a Tesla for sale in Edison....NJ. One another note, I started playing the lottery, Model S here we come! :lol:

Really an impressive user interface (and I'm not just talking about the screen).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=6HtlmNzqQdo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=6HtlmNzqQdo[/youtube]

Published on May 3, 2013
A detailed walkthrough through the Tesla Model S.

Direct links under "show more"

Jump to chapters:
- Key and Doors: 00:49, 1 minute
- Front Trunk, Trunk, and Seats 01:40, 2 minutes
- Charging 03:18, 3 minutes
- Steering Wheel 06:50, 3 minutes
- Touchscreen Status Bar and Charging Menu 10:07, 2 minutes
- Homelink, Profiles and Bluetooth 11:53, 2 minutes
- Driver Controls and All Glass Panoramic Roof, Part 1 13:33, 2 minutes
- Driver Controls, Part 2 14:05, 2 minutes
- Settings 17:32, 2 minutes
- Heating and Ventilation 19:00, 1 minute