Ordering 2012 model today

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tretola said:
When ordering the LEAF, have any of the dealers wanted you to prequalify for credit approval prior to ordering?

No. When you order you're not committing to purchasing or leasing the car so that make no sense for them to ask for that.

BrendanDolan said:
rnkepler said:
Finally got my order in this morning. I was surprised to hear from the dealer that their allocation for this month was only 2 cars and next month they only have 4. Anyone else hear allocation numbers for tier 2 dealerships?

Sounds about right. Until the plant in Tennessee comes online, they've been spreading the small production capability across the different waves. I'm a Wave 1 dealer, and I used to have allocations that are 10 times what I'm supposed to get this month, as Nissan has to make sure they evenly spread the limited production capability across many states.

Don't be surprised if this negatively impacts dealers abilities to cut discounts too. I need a final confirmation on what my August number is going to be (should update later today), but if it's what I think it is, I'll be back to MSRP also. If I can't sell a volume of cars, I can't do volume pricing.

That makes sense seeing as they're expanding the sales area not just to Tier 2 in the US but to other countries as well and still only have one plant handling the manufacturing. The demand / supply for this car is still going up.

LTLFTcomposite said:
spike09 said:
I finally completed my order with Bill Seidle Nissan of Miami. It took them all day and I had to be quite persistent on the phone with several people, including the GM, just to get the quote. It sure don't seem any South Florida dealer understands the process for ordering a Nissan Leaf. I was getting real tired explaining it to them over and over again!

"Yes I have a reservation!"
"Please send me your offer via the Dashboard!"

Good News is they sold it to me at MSRP. There was a standard $820 delivery charge but no dealer fee listed on the "transaction price". The email from Nissan says "Your Nissan LEAF will take approximately 3 - 4 months from your order date to its arrival at your dealer."

Thanks for letting us know!!! I just called Bill Seidle's and they confirmed they will sell @ MSRP with no dealer service fee. Good chance I'll switch to them.

So just curious..... is there a way to order from them, yet get the car to someplace else (like Jax)?

I am only seeing like 3 or 4 of us who have ordered on this new go round!

not sure how this looks? not to good I think for big numbers in wave 2 for the Leaf

I went and signed up on the website a few weeks ago, but it said ordering wasn't OPEN yet. Is there someone else one needs to do?

tivoboy said:
I went and signed up on the website a few weeks ago, but it said ordering wasn't OPEN yet. Is there someone else one needs to do?

If you signed up recently, ordering was supposed to open this week, but it took about 4 days to get it rolling for people who had already reserved in 2010. I'm guessing it will open in a day or two, it still hasn't opened for me either. Glad that I went ahead and got an orphaned one!

tivoboy said:

If you registered after the first round of reservations closed last year you'll have to wait till at least August 4th. From August 4th on they still may stagger the orders depending on when you registered or you may find that there is no August allocation left and have to wait till at least September. In either case you should go ahead and contact local dealers.

Will do, thanks for the tips.

Does anyone know where here or elsewhere it shows about the current availability of the Federal and CA tax credits? In CA it really seems like a no brainer, 7500 federal and 5K CA credits? wow, just wow.

tivoboy said:
Will do, thanks for the tips.

Does anyone know where here or elsewhere it shows about the current availability of the Federal and CA tax credits? In CA it really seems like a no brainer, 7500 federal and 5K CA credits? wow, just wow.

Cali's changed recently. It's now $2,500 instead of $5,000, but it's a rebate, not a credit, so you get a check for it very quickly. The $7,500 federal is still in place, but it's a tax credit and you'll wait for it.

thanks. do you know if one can apply for the rebate before buying? Not sure if that is the process, get in the queue

TimeHorse said:
LTLFTcomposite said:
Thanks for letting us know!!! I just called Bill Seidle's and they confirmed they will sell @ MSRP with no dealer service fee. Good chance I'll switch to them.

And thanks for letting me know so I could update the blog: MSRP / Options Guarantee

OK I'm ordered. The world of carbon-free transportation now has official representation from the right-wing nutjob contingent.

TimeHorse you might want to put an asterisk next to Bill Seidel Nissan on your "pledge" list, at the last minute they balked at no dealer fee, but they finally agreed to to do the deal and specified there would be no dealer fees in the quote they returned on the dashboard, just MSRP plus destination, license and taxes. At the end of the day they quoted me the best bottom line of any dealer I talked to in the S Florida area, so other FL Leaf buyers take note.

LTLFTcomposite said:
TimeHorse you might want to put an asterisk next to Bill Seidel Nissan on your "pledge" list, at the last minute they balked at no dealer fee, but they finally agreed to to do the deal and specified there would be no dealer fees in the quote they returned on the dashboard, just MSRP plus destination, license and taxes. At the end of the day they quoted me the best bottom line of any dealer I talked to in the S Florida area, so other FL Leaf buyers take note.

Noted! Thanks!

I got my order in yesterday evening. Put my $99 down in April 2010 and look forward to taking delivery in "3-4 months". Live in Atlanta where GA Power has an EV rate that goes down to $1.25/kwh from 11pm to 7am, so my charging costs should be negligible. Selling my wife's Benz and handing my Prius down to her. Now more waiting...

dbassett said:
I got my order in yesterday evening. Put my $99 down in April 2010 and look forward to taking delivery in "3-4 months". Live in Atlanta where GA Power has an EV rate that goes down to $1.25/kwh from 11pm to 7am, so my charging costs should be negligible. Selling my wife's Benz and handing my Prius down to her. Now more waiting...

Hopefully your electric rate is say 12.5 CENTS per Kwh and not actually One Dollar and 25 cents per kwh but if it's only 1.25 CENTS per KwH then you have the absolutely lowest rate from any regular utility in the entire U.S. (see average KWH charge in CENTS below); of course some folks sell power back to the utility via solar/wind so anything is possible:

http://www.eia.gov/cneaf/electricity/epm/table5_6_b.html

redLEAF said:
dbassett said:

Hopefully your electric rate is say 12.5 CENTS per Kwh and not actually One Dollar and 25 cents per kwh but if it's only 1.25 CENTS per KwH then you have the absolutely lowest rate from any regular utility in the entire U.S. (see average KWH charge in CENTS below); of course some folks sell power back to the utility via solar/wind so anything is possible:

Yes, it is 1.25 CENTS per kwh. I apologize for the typo.

http://www.georgiapower.com/pricing/files/rates-and-schedules/2.30_TOU-PEV-1.pdf

dbassett said:
redLEAF said:
dbassett said:

http://www.georgiapower.com/pricing/files/rates-and-schedules/2.30_TOU-PEV-1.pdf

That's great! sounds like no additional meter, just be sure to use your LEAF's timer to turn on at 11:01 PM and off at 6:59 AM and NEVER plug it in during peak times !!!

dbassett said:
redLEAF said:
dbassett said:

Hmmmm. My utility charges $0.03545 for the electricity but adds in $0.09787 in transmission/delivery costs. Better read the fine print.

Back