[Please Advice] The last barrier between me and buying a leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nagorak said:
Actually, if you're driving a lot and you're in a hot climate, the battery might degrade fast enough for you to get the battery replaced under warranty. If not, the replacement pack only costs I think $5500 (at least in the U.S.). In 4-5 years, I'd hope it was maybe $3000. The price of batteries is coming down quite fast, however that isn't directly connected to the cost of the replacement since it's already apparently subsidized by Nissan.

Prices for factory replacement parts for gadgets in general tend to remain high until the gadget gets replaced by a new version, with different parts. Then the prices start to slowly fall. I'd say that if/when 30KWH packs become available, the price for the 24KWH packs will drop, and when the 60?KWH pack becomes available, the price for the 30 will then drop...

Nagorak said:
Actually, if you're driving a lot and you're in a hot climate, the battery might degrade fast enough for you to get the battery replaced under warranty. If not, the replacement pack only costs I think $5500 (at least in the U.S.). In 4-5 years, I'd hope it was maybe $3000. The price of batteries is coming down quite fast, however that isn't directly connected to the cost of the replacement since it's already apparently subsidized by Nissan.
Problem is the OP lives in Jordan. From http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=23364&hilit=jordan, it sounds like any sort of battery replacement under warranty or not might be an issue.

cwerdna said:
Nagorak said:
Problem is the OP lives in Jordan. From http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=23364&hilit=jordan, it sounds like any sort of battery replacement under warranty or not might be an issue.

That does seem a bit concerning. Then again if there are a ton of these on the road in Jordan you'd think Nissan would eventually take notice.

The original poster in Jordan has many issues to deal with with his post. First I don't know who would take out a 5% loan for 5 years on a used car. If you finance, then get a new one. Also in another country, we here in the US have no idea what issues there are in your country for this car. also, you and in the how mid east, where I would not own an EV. My advice.. forget the EV idea and get a Toyota..

Back