Portland Oregon Group

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
leaf4life said:
Anyone filled out the Alternative Fuel Vehicle or Fuel/Charging System form for Residential Tax Credit Certification? For the Nissan Leaf, with an onboard charger, section 6...
Someone from oeva.org called the Oregon DOE and took notes. Here they are (Link).

Here is the answer to your direct question:
For box 6, use $3000 as the installed cost of the vehicle charger installed in the car. The ODOE is aware that this is an internal vehicle item and the cost is not shown on the car invoice. The resulting tax credit is another $750.
I just mailed in my form this week.

Sorry in advance if this was buried in this thread already somewhere,

Anyways, was wondering if we need to notify PGE of an upcoming vehicle purchase and charger installation? I just switched to the time of use rate plan, but I wasn't sure if there was anything else that I should do.

twbaker said:
Sorry in advance if this was buried in this thread already somewhere,

Anyways, was wondering if we need to notify PGE of an upcoming vehicle purchase and charger installation? I just switched to the time of use rate plan, but I wasn't sure if there was anything else that I should do.
There is no legal requirement to notify PGE of anything regarding an electric vehicle purchase or EVSE installation. It's just like buying a new toaster, having an electric dryer installed, or putting in a new electric water heater. :D

twbaker said:
It is not required, but I did anyway. I found the link on their website. Filling it out it became apparent that this was intended for fleet vehicle purchases, but I finished it anyway (just to see what they would say). I got an call later that day from one of their engineers. He was cool. He had looked at the load profile for my neighborhood, the local transformer... He said that my relatively new neighborhood could have EVs in every house charging at the same time with no problems.

There are two Blinks at Gresham Fred Meyer. They were not operational a couple of weeks ago, but might be now. Also, in an earlier post Chris asked about charging stations, there is the Plug Share app.

Did any of the west side Leaf-ers (Hillsboro) made it to the beach (Cannon Beach, Seaside)? It is under 70 miles but with all the hills I am wondering if the Leaf can make it.

From Camas, I believe I could make it all the way to the ODOT rest area, about 69 miles.

Thank you.

ColumbiaRiverGorge said:
There are two Blinks at Gresham Fred Meyer. They were not operational a couple of weeks ago, but might be now. Also, in an earlier post Chris asked about charging stations, there is the Plug Share app.
Two Blink units also are fully operational at the Walker Road Fred Meyer in Beaverton. Personally I think Recargo is the best site, however no Android app puts it behind Plugshare...

Also, two new Blink's at the Clackamas Promenade outside Kohl's! According to the BlinkNetwork website and app, they appear fully operational.

National Plug In Day - Portland

http://www.pluginamerica.org/pluginday/portland" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

patrick0101 said:

http://www.pluginamerica.org/pluginday/portland" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Too bad the map is linked to Portland, Texas! :D I'll definitely show up to the one in Portland, Oregon though!

patrick0101 said:

Is there going to be a parade of EVs? What other events will there be?

After seeing how QC L3 charging is done (http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5996" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) ;) , I decided I HAVE TO try it myself. Drove from Camas to Gresham and to Fry's and got there with two bars (from 80%). While shopping I charged L2 for one hour and got 4 bars. On the way back I reached PSU L3 Eaton charger with two bars. I plugged the connector in push slightly on the connector towards the plug, but I could not raise the handle :x . Since I had more errands to run, I went to WTC and quick charge there, without any problems (paid $4). I did not see any "out of service" note at PSU QC, so it seems that some people are able to use it. Is there any "trick" on how to make the PSU connector work?

camasleaf said:
Is there any "trick" on how to make the PSU connector work?

I think I only got there via luck......I don't think the handle is terribly intuitive. But then, I really don't have much experience, and it may get easier with use. But I can tell you that it was working fine for the Mitsubishi i event as of Thursday.

Have you considered trying the one over at OMSI, to see if it's any better/easier?

mwalsh said:
camasleaf said:
Is there any "trick" on how to make the PSU connector work?

I think only got there via luck......I don't think the handle is terribly intuitive. But then, I really don't have much experience, and it may get easier with use. But I can tell you that it was working fine for the Mitsubishi i event as of Thursday.

Have you considered trying the one over at OMSI, to see if it's any better/easier?

If it is not intuitive maybe they should put some instructions. Months ago, before we got the Leaf, I went and checked out the QC charger in the garage of World Trade Center. That is when I first saw the CHADEMO connector and how to use it. Did not have to read the instructions today. Just plugged in, light pressure to make sure that is fully seated on the port and just pulled the handle up. Is the Eaton different? When you used it did you have to use some force? I did not forced it, I did not want to break it, or damage the port on the car. The one at WTC worked really smooth, maybe because has been used more.

Does OMSI have a QC charger? I did not see it under the solar panels. So now there are three QC chargers in downtown Portland?!!

camasleaf said:
I did not see any "out of service" note at PSU QC, so it seems that some people are able to use it. Is there any "trick" on how to make the PSU connector work?
Sorry for not posting here too, but on the Oregon Electric Vehicle Association mailing list it was posted that the handle was damaged for the second time in two weeks, placing the quick charger out-of-service again. PGE has contacted Eaton and should have it fixed early next week.

We aren't sure if it's vandalism or just bad components, but I suggested that some video surveillance be done from one of the buildings across the street. A few of us try to visit these stations on a regular basis to make sure they're functional.

In other news, the Walker Road Fred Meyer store has their Blink stations installed and the NE Hollywood Fred Meyer store is currently having one of the first ECOtality DC Quick Charge stations installed per the mailing list. Definitely exciting times in Portland!

camasleaf said:
Does OMSI have a QC charger? I did not see it under the solar panels. So now there are three QC chargers in downtown Portland?!!

Oops. My mistake. I just looked back at my pictures, and we had the mobile quick charger over there. Carry on...nothing to see here....still only the two.

mwalsh said:
camasleaf said:

Oops. My mistake. I just looked back at my pictures, and we had the mobile quick charger over there. Carry on...nothing to see here....still only the two.
Well, there soon will be three... Like I said, the NE Hollywood Fred Meyer store is getting it's ECOtality unit installed right now. No estimated date of activation though...

Been a while since I posted here (Portland group). I am wondering what other's realistic range is that live in SW or also have a 'slightly hilly' drive. I am commuting mostly, 30-45mph, but some freeway (to Tualatin for music at the C.I. every weekend!). I am getting pretty much dead-on 60 mile range. I can move it a few miles either way, but not much. Tried a few times driving VERY conservatively, and it didn't seem to make more than a 10-15% difference. This is through the summer months, with no A/C and no heat. I'm going in for my 6-month/7500mile checkup tomorrow (actual is 8 1/2 months/6200 miles), so I will also ask at the dealer.

Back