Portland Oregon Group

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dyhopper said:
mpr said:
Question for other Oregon Leafers:
Have you run the numbers for purchase vs lease taking into account the Oregon tax credit?
Sorry for my ignorance, but I don't know how that credit would change the calculation.
Thanks in advance for any thoughts or comments.

Also very interested in the answer to this question. I'm one of those that would rather buy, but will obviously lease if it is cheaper. Since I expect to only get about $5500 of the fed tax credit, I'm thinking leasing is the way to go for me. But I think we'd all qualify for the $750 from Oregon so that makes it a little less clear cut.

I was reading the basics of the Oregon credit here:
http://www.oregon.gov/ENERGY/CONS/RES/tax/docs/AltFuel.pdf?ga=t

and this line caught my eye:
An operator of a qualifying vehicle with a lease (or a lease with an option to purchase) may claim the tax credit. You must attach a letter of authorization with your application form allowing you to claim the credit on behalf of the owner (lessor). The letter must be signed by the owner.

Is it possible that we could get this credit even if we lease? That would definately push me over to the lease camp.

Thanks for your thoughts; that is interesting about possible credit even with the lease. I'll ask the dealer too!

We too drove the Leaf at SolarWorld this weekend. In many ways the car was unremarkable. If it weren't a BEV, I wouldn't be interested in buying one. But of course the car IS a BEV, and we are really excited about owning one. Mostly we test drove it to make sure it wasn't awful, and it wasn't. So when we get that email later this month letting us know we can put in our order, we will definitely be forging ahead.

I drove it last Saturday too. It was fun to drive and seemed like a nice/solid car.

I only have a couple of concerns, other than wanting to drive it around a bit more... First, if it's really hot in PDX, say 100+ (like last year), will that permanently hurt the battery. I won't mind it if the range is lower during the hot weather, but if it hurts the battery from then on I would be upset. Secondly, if new battery technology comes out in 8-10 years will I be able to replace the battery with something new.

I finally got to request a quote for my Leaf today - very exciting!! We ordered a red one (changed from blue), and since we qualified for the EV project, the model is "ETEC", meaning it will have the quick charge port. Our dealership is Rustom of Portland - anyone else working with them?

Interesting - when I log into my account, I now get a note that delivery will be 4-7 months after order. So maybe not until June?? That seems so far away.

And for those trying to keep track, I made my original reservation in the evening on 4/21, and was told my order date would be "November"

-rich

I decided to not go with Rustom of Portland because they will only sell to me at MSRP. I found another dealer, in Oregon, that I ordered from for 2.78% (Nissan hold back) below invoice and invoice pricing on all accesories.

RasPdx said:
I finally got to request a quote for my Leaf today - very exciting!! We ordered a red one (changed from blue), and since we qualified for the EV project, the model is "ETEC", meaning it will have the quick charge port. Our dealership is Rustom of Portland - anyone else working with them?

Interesting - when I log into my account, I now get a note that delivery will be 4-7 months after order. So maybe not until June?? That seems so far away.

And for those trying to keep track, I made my original reservation in the evening on 4/21, and was told my order date would be "November"

-rich
I ordered back on Oct 23 and still received a 4 to 7 month deliver date email today. I really wasn't expecting to have to wait as long as June.

ColumbiaRiverGorge said:
I decided to not go with Rustom of Portland because they will only sell to me at MSRP. I found another dealer, in Oregon, that I ordered from for 2.78% (Nissan hold back) below invoice and invoice pricing on all accesories.

Which dealer?

I got the 4 to 7 month email too. Talked to my dealer yesterday and he confirmed that cars will be very limited Dec and Jan. He said I should have the car by April but who knows how accurate that is. Could be sooner or later.

Been lurking for a while here but thought it was time to sign up and join the discussion. I'm in SW PDX (Multnomah Village area). Still hoping a miracle happens and Santa brings me a 'Leaf for the tree' ;) I made the early order date (8/31) but have the Jan 2011 dashboard like most who ordered near the start.

Hopeful but realistic...

RasPdx said:
ColumbiaRiverGorge said:

Which dealer?

I took the info. on dealer pricing learned from this forum and emailed multiple dealers until I found the best deal.

Things are starting to roll. The Ecotality guys and the electrician came out today for the assessment. Sounds like they had been to several other houses before mine. It's actually the first time I had heard from Ecotality. Everything checked out, so the Blink is going to be installed on Dec. 13th. Woohoo!
I guess that means there is still a good chance I could get the car this year.

dyhopper said:
...Everything checked out, so the Blink is going to be installed on Dec. 13th.
Anybody else in Oregon have a firm install date from them for the 'free' charger? I was approved a few months ago but haven't heard since...

OK, just got the call - install scheduled for Dec 13th of the 'temporary charger until BLINK is UL Certified'.
No other details on the charger that they will install in hte mean time.

WOOHOOO!!!!

Hmmm ... ClipperCreek to the rescue, eh ? What will happen to the CCs after the Blinks kick them out, and wonder how many CCs are being called to "duty" ? ( Hope they have that better planned than their "Blink rescue plan" :roll: )

PDXLeafer said:
dyhopper said:
...Everything checked out, so the Blink is going to be installed on Dec. 13th.
Anybody else in Oregon have a firm install date from them for the 'free' charger? I was approved a few months ago but haven't heard since...
I'm in Beaverton and was approved for a Blink charger in early November but still haven't heard when it will be installed. My LEAF delivery is still pending so I assume they won't plan a charger install until the LEAF delivery date is confirmed.

Anyone seen or driven the LEAF? I'm in Minnesota and will get the later allotment but visit family out in Portland in a few weeks.

Be nice to at least see one.

Pipemajor said:
Anyone seen or driven the LEAF? I'm in Minnesota and will get the later allotment but visit family out in Portland in a few weeks.

Be nice to at least see one.
My wife and I drove one when the Drive Electric Tour was out here at the beginning of November. We really liked driving it, a lot more than our previous Subaru Impreza.

There is a rumor that the 2nd Leaf is being delivered to a customer in Portland on December 16th, but I have no idea who that is...

Back