Portland Oregon Group

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
drees said:
1953austin said:
greenwayleaf said:
The dashboard still says "week of April 01" so will keep the fingers crossed. I suppose in the great scheme of things, and given the enormity of the disaster in Japan, we can be a bit more patient. After all, it is a car!
With your April delivery date your car might be on the ship that left japan March 10th.Apparenlty the Amdromeda Spirit is sailing to the US with 600 LEAF's on board. Hope yours is one of them. My Dashboard still says May delivery so I don't expect my car anytime soon.
greenwayleaf should already have Carwings open and a VIN with a week of April 01 delivery date. Would be interesting to know when that happened - but both signs indicate that his car is already in Long Beach at least. You don't get Carwings access or a "week of" delivery date until the car gets to Long Beach.

ETA from Yokohama to Long Beach to dealer to owner is appx 4-6 weeks so there is no way that greenwayleaf's car left Japan on the last boat on Mar 10th - it left much sooner.
Good information. Thanks. perhaps our LEAF's are on the inbound ship. We both ordered on same day and have May delivery dates.

drees said:
1953austin said:
greenwayleaf said:
The dashboard still says "week of April 01" so will keep the fingers crossed. I suppose in the great scheme of things, and given the enormity of the disaster in Japan, we can be a bit more patient. After all, it is a car!
With your April delivery date your car might be on the ship that left japan March 10th.Apparenlty the Amdromeda Spirit is sailing to the US with 600 LEAF's on board. Hope yours is one of them. My Dashboard still says May delivery so I don't expect my car anytime soon.
greenwayleaf should already have Carwings open and a VIN with a week of April 01 delivery date. Would be interesting to know when that happened - but both signs indicate that his car is already in Long Beach at least. You don't get Carwings access or a "week of" delivery date until the car gets to Long Beach.

ETA from Yokohama to Long Beach to dealer to owner is appx 4-6 weeks so there is no way that greenwayleaf's car left Japan on the last boat on Mar 10th - it left much sooner.

Thanks for the comments. I have not received any e-mail from Nissan regarding Carwings. I am assuming the delivery will be delayed by a week or two if indeed the car is one of the 600 making the journey on the boat. I'll be sure to post here as soon as I hear anything.

greenwayleaf said:
Thanks for the comments. I have not received any e-mail from Nissan regarding Carwings. I am assuming the delivery will be delayed by a week or two if indeed the car is one of the 600 making the journey on the boat. I'll be sure to post here as soon as I hear anything.
Have you logged into your Dashboard to check? If your estimated delivery is only 2 weeks Carwings will be open and a VIN assigned to you. Your car has already been in the states for at least a week now. It is not on a boat. The next boat with Leafs won't be here until late March - and there is no way they're getting it to Oregon by the first week of April.

drees said:
Have you logged into your Dashboard to check? If your estimated delivery is only 2 weeks Carwings will be open and a VIN assigned to you. Your car has already been in the states for at least a week now. It is not on a boat. The next boat with Leafs won't be here until late March - and there is no way they're getting it to Oregon by the first week of April.
Yes I have, and just tried again! Still not able to activate Carwings. I thought Nissan was supposed to send an e-mail providing info on activating it. Will see what happens in the next few days.

greenwayleaf said:
drees said:
Yes I have, and just tried again! Still not able to activate Carwings. I thought Nissan was supposed to send an e-mail providing info on activating it. Will see what happens in the next few days.
You'll have an option on your dashboard to activate Carwings when the time comes. I received an email two days after I was able to activate Carwings... :D

greenwayleaf said:
drees said:
Very strange. Could it be that your car has not yet been processed in port yet? Will need to try to find out how many people have "week of" delivery estimates but don't have Carwings activated...

DarkStar said:
You'll have an option on your dashboard to activate Carwings when the time comes. I received an email two days after I was able to activate Carwings... :D

Thanks for the tip. Today the estimate for the delivery was pushed back to the "week of April 07." I suspect the car is still off-shore!

Got my Blink charger installed with the EV project last Thursday. It's toying with my emotions, though, as the screen says "Please plug in electric vehicle" and I haven't got one yet.

I still have "Week of April 7th" as my delivery date, and got an email saying my delivery date wouldn't be impacted by the earthquake/tsunami damage. We shall see.

Got a new e-mail this morning, saying in part:

" Your Nissan LEAF™ is scheduled to arrive at your local dealer within the next 7 days. Once you take delivery of the vehicle, your initial $99 reservation fee will be refunded. If you have any further questions about the delivery process, just contact your Nissan Dealer."

Lets' hope the dealer in Hillsboro knows about this as well. Excitement is beginning to build! :)

greenwayleaf said:
Got a new e-mail this morning, saying in part:

" Your Nissan LEAF™ is scheduled to arrive at your local dealer within the next 7 days. Once you take delivery of the vehicle, your initial $99 reservation fee will be refunded. If you have any further questions about the delivery process, just contact your Nissan Dealer."

Lets' hope the dealer in Hillsboro know about this as well. Excitement is beginning to build! :)
Very awesome! With my Blink install on Tuesday, I hope to be getting my 7 day email soon too!

Anyone else pissed that people in states and countries who weren't in the initial roll out are getting LEAFS way before many of us living in the 5 initial roll out states? People in Hawaii, Texas, UK and other markets are already getting their cars while many of us in Oregon, Wash, Cali. Arizona and Tenn are still waiting so Nissan can get cars to these new markets. Ive had enough. I'm calling to tell them If I don't get a car by April I'm canceling my order. I'll bite the financial bullet and order a Tesla Sedan if Nissan cant come through for me. I've been patient way too long. I'm sick of this BS.

1953austin said:
Anyone else pissed that people in states and countries who weren't in the initial roll out are getting LEAFS way before many of us living in the 5 initial roll out states? People in Hawaii, Texas, UK and other markets are already getting their cars while many of us in Oregon, Wash, Cali. Arizona and Tenn are still waiting so Nissan can get cars to these new markets. Ive had enough. I'm calling to tell them If I don't get a car by April I'm canceling my order. I'll bite the financial bullet and order a Tesla Sedan if Nissan cant come through for me. I've been patient way too long. I'm sick of this BS.
Nope, I don't know many people that are frustrated at all. We know we're getting our cars and if you cancel yours it just means someone else will get one sooner.

The alternative could have been that they didn't take reservations at all and made us fight-it-out at the individual dealerships. At least this way I know I'll be getting one!

On a quiet Sunday morning, I thought I would take a peek at my dashboard. To my surprise, my status has changed from 'Month of May' to 'Week of April 29th'!!!

And, Carwings has opened, though when I attempted to use it I got an error 'An exception occurred retrieving your information'. Gotta love Nissan...

So apparently my car was on that boat that just missed the earthquake/tsunami. I wonder if I will be hearing from the eTec installers soon....

HIOJim said:
On a quiet Sunday morning, I thought I would take a peek at my dashboard. To my surprise, my status has changed from 'Month of May' to 'Week of April 29th'!!!

And, Carwings has opened, though when I attempted to use it I got an error 'An exception occurred retrieving your information'. Gotta love Nissan...

So apparently my car was on that boat that just missed the earthquake/tsunami. I wonder if I will be hearing from the eTec installers soon....
I checked my account this morning at 3am and to my surprise my May delivery date has changed to April 29th and I now have a Vin number of 1974 and my portal is open. I guess were members of the lucky 600 club. Going to be a lot of LEAF's in the Portland area.

HIOJim said:

Way to go! My delivery status has been changing frequently and is now week of April 08. Even got an e-mail from Nissan (on Friday) saying the dealer should have the car within a week. Dealer claims April 08 (same date as the dashborad) is all the info he has. Carwings is not active either. Given all of these, It wouldn't surpise me if yours gets here first. ;)

Back