Post Order Changes

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ready2plugin said:
..Color at this point cannot be changed since in the weeks of trying to get this done, my car has now gone into production ...
How do you know your car is in production? I have been trying to change mine from silver to white for about two weeks through the Nissan CSR, so far no luck - still "brilliant silve" [sic] on my quote.

DeaneG said:
Ready2plugin said:
..Color at this point cannot be changed since in the weeks of trying to get this done, my car has now gone into production ...
How do you know your car is in production? I have been trying to change mine from silver to white for about two weeks through the Nissan CSR, so far no luck - still "brilliant silve" [sic] on my quote.

My dealer notified my wife yesterday that the car is now in production, therefore we lost the fight for the color change. Mine is "brilliant silve" as well..... My order date was 8/31.

"In Production" does not mean actually "being manufactured now", but tightly scheduled into the production pipeline, I suspect. As in, the parts for car 000752 (yours) will be sprayed silver.

Like on TV, just hack into the production system, locate your car and its parts, and re-write the color bits ... but don't forget to reduce the supplier-order for silver paint, increase the order for red (your color?), and ... change the mud-flap orders and sequence as well. :D

Since the car orders (in the past) were not changed, at least after scheduling, they probably do not have a program to "modify" the production details of an individual car.

Ok, 3 three weeks since I requested a color change, my dashboard now shows my new color on the configuration. Several
calls and chats, never any status, then it happened. The chat people said I would get an email, but received nothing. Now
I can patiently wait for delivery, if I had any patience...

c1987 said:
Ok, 3 three weeks since I requested a color change, my dashboard now shows my new color on the configuration. Several
calls and chats, never any status, then it happened. The chat people said I would get an email, but received nothing. Now
I can patiently wait for delivery, if I had any patience...

I've been waiting over a month and still no joy. I have pretty much written it off at this point.

Hurray! Just logged in to my dashboard and to my surprise a sparkly red Leaf was greeting me. :D
Took two weeks after I requested the color change.

Ready2plugin said:
I've been waiting over a month and still no joy. I have pretty much written it off at this point.
Maybe since it's entered production you'll be stuck. But it wouldn't hurt to nag them a bit more on the chat or phone. Anyway I'm sure you'll be very happy with your Leaf even if you don't get the color you want.

johnr said:
Hurray! Just logged in to my dashboard and to my surprise a sparkly red Leaf was greeting me. :D
Took two weeks after I requested the color change.

Ready2plugin said:
Maybe since it's entered production you'll be stuck. But it wouldn't hurt to nag them a bit more on the chat or phone. Anyway I'm sure you'll be very happy with your Leaf even if you don't get the color you want.

I just checked my account at it's still silver (trying to change to red). I think my dealer has been trying for exactly 4 weeks now, with no luck. But I think you're right, I'm probably out of time at this point. The waiting game is far from over yet, still want to know what my kick plates will look like as well as all the warranty details.

Mine just showed up with the new color! No acknowledgement otherwise. It's been about 3-4 weeks since I contacted customer support.

DeaneG said:
Mine just showed up with the new color! No acknowledgement otherwise. It's been about 3-4 weeks since I contacted customer support.

Looks like I'm the odd order out, let's just hope my Giants have better luck tomorrow!!

I just read about some of you getting your colors changed, so I checked my dashboard and it has been changed! It has been almost three weeks since I requested the change with CS.

Looks like everyone who requested changes is getting their changes applied now all at the same time. Someone probably had to do a little reprogramming to make it possible and apparently now they're going through and applying the changes for everyone who requested a change.

LEAFfan said:
I just read about some of you getting your colors changed, so I checked my dashboard and it has been changed! It has been almost three weeks since I requested the change with CS.

Congrats LEAFfan. Now we'll look like twins. I love the Cayenne Red, and it seems to be the #1 color for folks who are changing their order.

johnr said:
Looks like everyone who requested changes is getting their changes applied now all at the same time. Someone probably had to do a little reprogramming to make it possible and apparently now they're going through and applying the changes for everyone who requested a change.
Not everyone :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

SilverLeaf said:
LEAFfan said:

Congrats LEAFfan. Now we'll look like twins. I love the Cayenne Red, and it seems to be the #1 color for folks who are changing their order.

Thanks SilverLeaf! They'll be twins, but not identical, unless you ordered bumper protection, kick plates, and splash guards (never had color matched guards before). Actually, I was really surprised that they changed it for me. After three weeks, I just figured it wouldn't happen, but I am very thankful and have to praise Nissan CS. I did have 'Plan B' ready though. I found the phone number of the Oppama Plant and was going to call them and let them change it for me if it didn't get done here. :mrgreen:

LEAFfan said:
SilverLeaf said:
LEAFfan said:

Thanks SilverLeaf! They'll be twins, but not identical, unless you ordered bumper protection, kick plates, and splash guards (never had color matched guards before). Actually, I was really surprised that they changed it for me. After three weeks, I just figured it wouldn't happen, but I am very thankful and have to praise Nissan CS. I did have 'Plan B' ready though. I found the phone number of the Oppama Plant and was going to call them and let them change it for me if it didn't get done here. :mrgreen:
-----------------------------------------------------
After viewing the Leafs at the SJ drive show, I'm switching colors from blue ocean to cayenne red. "Nissan.USA.com chat section indicated they could change my color, but also recommended contacted my preferred dealer to let them know of the change. So far, my dashboard remains unchanged.

csriram45 said:
Is it too late to make changes for Sep 1 order date?

Some have been able to do it, I had an August 31st order date and have been trying since October 1st to change mine, so far no luck and I'm pretty sure it will not be done for me. I would try both your dealer as well as the Nissan Chat. Good Luck!!

The last communication I had with my Nissan rep (mid Oct) was to direct all post order change concerns to the Chat on the Leaf site. You can contact your dealer, but they really have no where to go with it.

My friend Malcolm was successful changing to Cayenne Red from Silver.

He ordered on 8/31, saw the colors at the Nissan Drive Event 10/16 in San Diego and decided he wanted the Red. So he got on the phone to his dealer (Fontana), and they ran it up the chain. Today he noticed his dashboard indicated his order was Red!!!!

So it took about 3 weeks...Now we'll both have the Cayenne Red!!!!!

Randy

A lot of folks have wanted to change to the Red since the drive. Has become the sleeper color of choice. The blue is sooo September! :D

Back