Post your compliments received while on road with your Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrIanB

Went to get my personal plates registered on my Leaf but since they were not in the system yet, I had to wait a week to get them registered. No biggie. On the way out the guy parked next to me noticed my "electric" emblem and asked me if it was full electric and I said yes, no gas here. He then asked how fast could it go and I said 90. To that he said, man that is nice and fast. He went his way after dad and left me chuckling inside.

I go next to get lunch at Wendy's on my way home and the manager that gave me the food said, "That's that electric Nissan that I have seen on tv but, had not seen in person.". I got my food and as I am driving away I could hear her telling the staff about it.

Got to love this car,

Ian B

In the past 7 days, I've had two people pull up next to me at a red light to ask questions. Just some very basic questions, about charging and range, mainly. Very interesting experience, though! (I think not removing the "World Car of the Year" sticker has helped get recognized)

NYLEAF said:
In the past 7 days, I've had two people pull up next to me at a red light to ask questions. Just some very basic questions, about charging and range, mainly. Very interesting experience, though! (I think not removing the "World Car of the Year" sticker has helped get recognized)
Peruzzi left that one on my LEAF also. In the past 2 days I have had the car, no strangers have commented, but one of my co-workers said "impressive" after I gave him a short ride.

At a stop signal, a young man rolled down his window,
motioning for me to do the same, and said "Cool Ride"!

Others often ask:
"Just electricity, no gas?",
"Where do you charge it?",
and the most popular ...
"How far will it go?".

We had a couple taking pictures of it while they were stopped behind us at a stop light! After we zoomed off the line when it went green they raced to catch up and pulled up beside us taking more pictures!!

A couple stopped to ask my husband about it in the grocery store parking lot. Other than that we've seen a few rubber necking people, but nothing else.

A guy rolled down his window, asked me about the car, after I explained it he said "It doesn't use any gas?" with that "you're crazy" look on his face :lol:

Never mind that there's no little gasoline fill door and no tailpipe. He just simply did not understand.

compliments
(you might want to fix your headline so we all look literate or at least able to use a dictionary._)

most recently, my neighbor stopped while walking his dog and asked: "Is that the car of the future? I see the blue lights blinking every night."

Someone in a local group posted that they came back to their car and there was an envelope on the windshield with a $1.00 in it and a note that said "Thanks for driving electric!" (Seattle area)

lc96 said:
Someone in a local group posted that they came back to their car and there was an envelope on the windshield with a $1.00 in it and a note that said "Thanks for driving electric!" (Seattle area)

If only that happened to me! (460 or so times a month...:))

I have had a few stop and ask about it.
We are supposed to have about 15 in the area, but I have yet to see any others than ours.

I stopped at a research facility to see a friend and a pile of folks rolled out to see the car.

We almost had a party!

:) :)

lc96 said:

That's one of the coolest things I've read!

Back