power seats on the 2022 models?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ljwobker

I've got a 2019 that's about to come off-lease so I'm looking at what to replace it with. My first thought is a 2022 SV, although looking at the trim levels is it actually true that the SV (not "plus" just "SV") does NOT have any power seats - even the driver's side? My 2019 SV definitely has power seats for the driver, but maybe they shifted that feature to the SV Plus trim level?

Any confirmation here would be great...

ljwobker said:
I've got a 2019 that's about to come off-lease so I'm looking at what to replace it with. My first thought is a 2022 SV, although looking at the trim levels is it actually true that the SV (not "plus" just "SV") does NOT have any power seats - even the driver's side? My 2019 SV definitely has power seats for the driver, but maybe they shifted that feature to the SV Plus trim level?

Any confirmation here would be great...
Need to get the $1490 Tech package to get a power seat on the SV.

Electronic parking brake
ProPILOT Assist*
Intelligent Around View® Monitor*
Intelligent Driver Alertness*
LED headlights with LED signature Daytime Running Lights
Auto-dimming rearview mirrorHomeLink® Universal Transceiver*
8-way power adjustable driver's bucket seat with 2-way adjustable lumbar

And no memory preset/recall function on those seats. One of my few pet peeves with my 2022 SL+

Power seats are the most desirable feature I miss in my S+. The manual seats have poor thigh support. It's like the seat bottom curves upwards in the middle and drops away from your legs down at your knees. Plus the seat bottom angle is too flat - should be higher at the knees so that you feel more like you're sitting "in" the seat instead of "on" the seat.

There's a mod to change the seat bottom angle by adding washers below the seat on the bolts that secure it at the front. It was supposedly a pretty easy mod on Gen1 cars, but on Gen2 it's harder to get to the bolts. You have to detach the seat trim edge up and pull it away from the seat cushion as much as possible without ripping it. Then sneak a hex wrench beneath the foam to get on the bolts. I did the mod using the stock bolts and could only add about 1/2 inch. It helps but I wish I'd bought some longer bolts to change the angle further. Maybe one day I'll do that. But even then I'll have to hope that the other drivers in my house like the same seat angle I do because once it's set, it's set. At least there's a manual up/down adjustment.

My new 2022 SV+ does have the driver power seat. It came with the tech package, but being an ageing Boomer, the also powered adjustable Lumbar support is quite nice.

Back