purchase 2015 LEAF S with price($27459), is it good?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

changeno

My old civic is not reliable now and I want to replace it. the new leaf is electric and it is cool. My budget is limited and I focus on the basic S model. I checked LEAF prices shared by others from autopriceshare and one local dealer matches this price($27459).
I am in WA. if anyone just purchased a 2015 LEAF S model, could you share your opinions about this price? is it a fair price? One more question, should I prepare snow tires or chains for LEAF?

IMHO, without quick charge package (MSRP $1770), this price is reasonable. With QC, it is a great deal.

I negotiated mine down to $29057 with QC and this is in southern California.

The stock tire that came with LEAF is grand touring all season type. Surprisingly it handles very well, probably due to car's low center of gravity. It should handle light snow although a lot can be depend on tire pressure.

AFAIK the base Leaf without QC option still has a 3.3kw charger. This isn't a big problem for home charging, but you would find that charging away from home will be slow compared to every other leaf configuration since 2013...

Can you update your location info via User Control Panel (near top) > Profile (left side)? That way, we don't need to ask in future posts/threads or do sleuthing to deduce it. (Yes, I know you mentioned, WA but there's a huge difference in climate between say Seattle vs. Spokane.)

What are your daily driving needs in terms of miles? How much city vs. highway? Will you have the ability to charge at your work/destinations?

Since you say your budget is limited, have you looked into used ones? Leaf depreciation is pretty bad...

I was quoted 28,200 for a new S with quick charger out the door. That is including the 3500 Nissan cash back, and local $600 dealer charge, and $1100 tax + $100 title. So, the price quoted was $26,400 after the $3500 back or 29900 without it. If it didn't have the quck charger, the price would have been about 28,200. That is the price they let me walk out the door at. It seemed high to me. If yours was not including the $3500 Nissan cash, it would be better than what I got.

If you live in an area that gets snow, you will not want to ride around on the stock tires. They are TERRIBLE in the snow. The car is great, though, being heavier than average, with a low center of balance and a high clearance. You should definitely plan on snow tires if you will drive it in the snow.

GetOffYourGas said:
If you live in an area that gets snow, you will not want to ride around on the stock tires. They are TERRIBLE in the snow. The car is great, though, being heavier than average, with a low center of balance and a high clearance. You should definitely plan on snow tires if you will drive it in the snow.

And if range is important to you, consider an SV instead. Failing that, get hard-compound "studdable" snow tires instead of the softer snow/ice tires, for better Winter range. They will slip a little, but not as badly as the all-seasons.

Back