question on LEAF MSRP and destination charge

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metalman

Hi, I'm new here working on ordering a LEAF. I just wanted to verify that the $850 destination charge is on top of the MSRP. Everywhere I look online say's that's the way it is. My dealer quoted me a price of $37,250 total plus tax, title and tag. So if the destination should be on top of the MSRP I'm doing pretty good. :)

Yep, that is true for pretty much every vehicle. It is plus Destination...

Metalman said:
Hi, I'm new here working on ordering a LEAF. I just wanted to verify that the $850 destination charge is on top of the MSRP. Everywhere I look online say's that's the way it is. My dealer quoted me a price of $37,250 total plus tax, title and tag. So if the destination should be on top of the MSRP I'm doing pretty good. :)

Your Delivery Date is 15 Feb?

Base MSRP (often advertised) is usually (shown at the top) without Destination Charge.

Total MSRP (at the bottom) usually includes the Dest. Fee.

If there is any question, ask for written paperwork now.

Hey Metalman - let me try to save you some frustration. The dealer will add the destination charge to your quote. I know that it was not stated as such, but that's the way it is. To save yourself getting worked up over it when your car comes in, I would suggest calling ahead of time, asking for the Sales Manager (salesmen have no authority to okay the deal), and ask if your quote includes the destination charge or not. You will (very likely) find out that the destination charge will be added to your quote. If you think that it's worth fighting over, then you have that option.

I called the salesman for verification on the price and have a few emails from them with the grand total listed with no destination fee. They repeatedly quoted my total cost was MSRP plus tax, title and tag and their doc fees.
Your Delivery Date is 15 Feb?
I don't know my date, I think that is when I joined here.

fastmaxxcooper said:
Also it won't be a $420 a month payment. I was originally quoted $420 for a lease and got $474

With tier 0 credit and $2599 down, there's no reason you can't get a SL for $420 a month plus tax for 36 months and 12,000 miles per year unless the dealer jacked up your money factor or included accessories. And considering the holdback is over $1000 on the SL, you should have no problem negotiating below MSRP. If you can't find another dealer that will.

http://www.theautoleasecalculator.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is the most comprehensive lease calculator I've found online. Just make sure you add $7500 from Uncle Sam to your down payment.

Back