Questions we still have about Nissan Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mwalsh said:
Oh, there was something else I just remembered......LEAF Certified dealers are obliged to have at least 4 L2 EVSEs - 2 available to the public and 2 back in the service area.

Link?

smkettner said:
The only affordable option for me will be WIFI. I sure hope someone learns how to hack the system to enable direct wireless communication.
You could get a home cellular base station. That would allow the car to remind you to plug it in at night at your house when you forget...

AT&T's 3G Microcell extends "cell phone" service to your home & connects through your internet connection.

paulwesterberg said:
AT&T's 3G Microcell extends "cell phone" service to your home & connects through your internet connection.
Do you need to be an AT&T mobile customer to buy or install one?

DeaneG said:
paulwesterberg said:
Do you need to be an AT&T mobile customer to buy or install one?
Yes, and your cell phones are tied to that femtocell. I had one for Sprint that I could open up to all phones and even our friend with Virgin Mobile was able to access it (since Virgin uses the Sprint network). AT&T's femtocell can't be opened up for everyone, so you can't configure it to be used with the car.

Also, the car won't be using the 3G network, but most likely AT&T's GPRS network. It's a much slower and basic functionality network (probably best compared to 2G).

Here's a Question. In fact, I'll call it an imponderable because I'd doubt there will be a definitive answer . . . but here goes any way. Nissan Leaf, versus the 2000 Nissan Altra EV:
(some of you may be saying, "WHAT ? ! ? ", and if that's the case, then see here:
http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/2008car1tablef.jsp?id=16423 )
Why is it that the Altra EV was rated 117 - 130mpg (equivalent amount of electricity) higher than the Leaf?
BTW, here's the comparison chart of the Leaf, on "Fueleconomy.com"

Ah ! ! I like that. My guess was that it (the Altra) may have had something to to with it having a smaller motor ... 26KW AC induction. Still, the Leaf has a lower drag. Still ... it's a question I'd like to ask their designers some day.

Back