Rairdon's Nissan of Auburn (WA) $100 below Dealer Invoice

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Desertstraw said:
People have alleged in posts here that while Rairdon offers a low lease price for the Leaf, they then overcharge for the financing. This would make savings through leasing from them illusory. However, if they sell the car, they cannot slip in other charges. Therefore, the question relates to whether "$100 below invoice" is what they charge for purchase of the car without financing". This would be established if someone has gotten an official quote from them.
They have given quotes to a lot of us for $100 below invoice. When we got quotes, Greg asked us to take "Buy" quotes even if wanted to lease, as that would be faster etc.

There is atleast one report of Rairdon's honoring the buy price. It is only with lease that they are marking up.

Personally, if they try to markup the money factor for me when my car comes in - I'll just switch to buy. Already Nissan's lease isn't great (4.9% for lease) - so any more would make it financially not worthwhile.

I got an over the phone price of$33,944from Todd F at Rairdon's for an" e" vehicle that included mats,mud guards, destination and ADDITIONAL transportation to Phoenix. He said it was costing about $750 to ship to Phoenix but he felt that the offer was still better than I could get locally . I can RAQ at this time but dashboard will not allow me to list anyone outside 200 mi range that is maximum range to list preferred dealer. I spoke to Nissan today and they said it was now maxed out at 200 mi range to keep things more practical for dealers and to keep someone from purchasing outside an area that is too far away relating to service etc. They acknowledged that previously it had been 500 mi but no longer available due to problems . I countered back that this was highly restrictive and served to restrict competition. And that I had already been told by several area Nissan Dealer Leaf trained individuals that it was pretty much agreed that the cars should be sold at MSRP I alluded to collusion by the dealers ie. Nissan. I did an RAQ today for JIM Click in Tucson and got back exactly MSRP. When I spoke to the Leaf Salesperson he quoted that they had 20 on allocation and that they were all at MSRP

Just curious but what would keep dealer from de valuing any trade you were going to use to the point of no longer making the deal worthwhile to the point of the buyer refusing to purchase. Would this not in fact perhaps be an enticing situation perhaps allowing the dealer then to be able to sell the vehicle at a premium to someone else that didn't want to wait a year like many of us are going to be close to .

Just wondering??

I'd be very careful about any long distance deals. You need to get all of this in writing.

BTW, from what I remember you could select a different dealer by entering their zip code. Not sure how it is now. One other option is to get it from California.

"Just curious but what would keep dealer from de valuing any trade you were going to use to the point of no longer making the deal worthwhile to the point of the buyer refusing to purchase. Would this not in fact perhaps be an enticing situation perhaps allowing the dealer then to be able to sell the vehicle at a premium to someone else that didn't want to wait a year like many of us are going to be close to ."

Just wondering??[/quote]

I agree that some Dealers may be playing games with the variables that Nissan hasn't locked down such as Lease Rate Money Factor or as you mentioned Trade In Vehicle.
From what I have understood from this forum is that if a Dealer takes delivery of a LEAF and the buying/leasing candidate assigned to this particular car declines to proceed, the car becomes an "Orphan". (This may be a point of argument) At that point the Dealer controls the car and can set pricing accordingly.

If the Buying/Leasing Candidate declines or cancels the order before the car is received by the Dealer than it would stay in some form of queue and be reassigned.

The ugly truth is that Car Dealers are Car Dealers and whatever boosts the bottom line at the Dealer is how they will proceed. Not all Dealers will stoop so low as to force someone in the buying/leasing queue into an unfavorable transaction. But as stated in a few other posts and threads the pricing and financing games have begun.

It is pretty much a given that you are better off selling your car in private (on Craigslist or ebay etc) than trade it in.

Gonewild said:
QueenBee said:
Gonewild said:
What good is it to get the GREAT PRICE on the car with near $1,500 off MSRP and then the dealer adds about 2% to the money factor and gets $1,500 back over the 3 year lease.

My lease quote from Rairdon is definitely for the 4.9%/0.00204 money fact sell rate.
What state do you live in WA? You plan to buy at the dealership as well?

I live in Bellevue, WA and am planning on buying at Rairdon.

QueenBee said:
My lease quote from Rairdon is definitely for the 4.9%/0.00204 money fact sell rate.
It would be helpful if you can post the screenshot.

Anyway, did you get both the invoice-100 price and the 4.9% lease ? What was your monthly lease amount and the options/accessories you selected ?

eg : For sl-e with mats, 36/15K miles the lease should be around $360.

Desertstraw said:
Therefore, the question relates to whether "$100 below invoice" is what they charge for purchase of the car without financing". This would be established if someone has gotten an official quote from them.

I bought from Rairdon's last week. I just now met the auto transporter and brought my car home 5 minutes ago. My price was $33144 (includes destination charge) + 150 doc fee + $29 "estimated vehicle excise tax, license, title & reg fee, bank title lien release fee". It was as expected. They covered the truck to Portland. No surprises.
I got an SL-E with floor mats.

I am not defending them but remember other dealers in cali were also doing the higher lease rates for "highly qualified " buyers as well. Remember some one changed from lease to buy because theey would not change the lease terms

evnow said:
QueenBee said:
It would be helpful if you can post the screenshot.

Anyway, did you get both the invoice-100 price and the 4.9% lease ? What was your monthly lease amount and the options/accessories you selected ?

eg : For sl-e with mats, 36/15K miles the lease should be around $360.

The lease quote is at the base ETEC price of $32,293.00 + $820.00 - $450 - $100 with no sales tax, and the right interest rate. Obviously this was just a quote that Greg had worked up and sent me a screen shot so based on the other thread I would not be surprised if I come in and they try and show me different numbers. At least the price of the car is fixed by the Nissan quote, and I'm not trading in so the worst case is I get very angry and pay cash. Now hopefully Feb. will my month to get a delivery date. I'm surprised it's taken this long since I was in on 4/20.

Here's the print->scan->email from Greg back in November.
4dx4v.png

Desertstraw said:
If so it would explain why they would not quote me a price for a single payment, there is no markup.
Sure there is, you still pay interest on the residual amount for the length of the lease. You're just prepaying that interest. So the dealer can still mark up the money factor (interest) on a one-pay lease.

Cheers, Wayne

QueenBee said:
The lease quote is at the base ETEC price of $32,293.00 + $820.00 - $450 - $100 with no sales tax, and the right interest rate. Obviously this was just a quote that Greg had worked up and sent me a screen shot so based on the other thread I would not be surprised if I come in and they try and show me different numbers. At least the price of the car is fixed by the Nissan quote, and I'm not trading in so the worst case is I get very angry and pay cash.
Oh - so you didn't request lease quote thr' Nissan ordering process ? Anyway thanks for the screenshot - it does look like he gave the right rate & the discounted price.

I'm looking for someone who got a lease quote out of Greg thr' Nissan ordering process.

wwhitney said:
Sure there is, you still pay interest on the residual amount for the length of the lease. You're just prepaying that interest. So the dealer can still mark up the money factor (interest) on a one-pay lease.

Cheers, Wayne

Dealers are not allowed to mark up one payment leases as per nissan.

evnow said:
QueenBee said:
The lease quote is at the base ETEC price of $32,293.00 + $820.00 - $450 - $100 with no sales tax, and the right interest rate. Obviously this was just a quote that Greg had worked up and sent me a screen shot so based on the other thread I would not be surprised if I come in and they try and show me different numbers. At least the price of the car is fixed by the Nissan quote, and I'm not trading in so the worst case is I get very angry and pay cash.
Oh - so you didn't request lease quote thr' Nissan ordering process ? Anyway thanks for the screenshot - it does look like he gave the right rate & the discounted price.

I'm looking for someone who got a lease quote out of Greg thr' Nissan ordering process.

I'm in the Dallas area and accepted a lease quote from Greg for $431/mo. Includes a quick charge port and sales tax. Tell me how to do a screen shot and attach it it here, and I will.

JasonT said:
Has anyone had any luck talking with Todd via email? Because I had a number of questions and my Leaf isn't due to arrive until April I figured email would be the best way to get my questions answered. I sent him an email last Tuesday and have not heard from him yet.
Yes, I'm quoting myself. I just wanted to follow up with this in case anyone else is in a similar situation.

After a weird email from Jack Miller (he sent me an email asking how he could help, even though I had received a similar email from him a week and a half ago and responded with the help I needed), I received an email and a call from Jack Miller. He is apparently my contact now (don't know if he is for all Leaf-ers or not), and apologized for the delay. The way he explained it, things were fine until the cars actually started to come in and then they just got seriously bogged down. It sounds a little lame, but it is also plausible - I got the impression that Rairdon was offering these deals because they haven't been getting a lot of business. If that's true, then they got more than they bargained for.

Anyway, take it for what it's worth.

edrob2 said:
I'm in the Dallas area and accepted a lease quote from Greg for $431/mo. Includes a quick charge port and sales tax. Tell me how to do a screen shot and attach it it here, and I will.
See the sticky on "how to post images".

Do you know how to take a screen shot using "Snipping Tool" (if you are using windows).

evnow said:
Do you know how to take a screen shot using "Snipping Tool" (if you are using windows).
Or use "Alt-Prt-Scr" (two button combination) to get a copy of the current window onto the clipboard, then paste into MS-Paint and save (several formats available).

Here is what Nissan Corp give dealer as guide lines.

Rairdon give a good price then plans to take back the discount via MARK MONEY FACTOR. A typical CAR SALES DEALER SHIP.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Gonewild said:

Rairdon give a good price then plans to take back the discount via MARK MONEY FACTOR. A typical CAR SALES DEALER SHIP.

FYI...That document isn't intended to be publically disclosed. If they (Nissan) did, it'd be on their home website. And I might add...it's NOT at all wrong to mark-up a money factor, it's one of the ways that Dealers are allowed to make more of a profit. Any deceit thereof, or deceptive transgressions about a 'car deal' is just plain wrong at that point. Dealers don't automatically give customers the lowest MF that's allowable and they aren't required to either, unless, a particular "lease special" states that the MF can not be marked-up. It's standard practice and very much legal. If you are paying interest to a bank or credit union, even at their "buy-rate", they are still making money off of you at an undisclosed rate lower than the lowest one they offered you. Stardard business practice.

Just sayin'...

deetime7767 said:
Gonewild said:

FYI...That document isn't intended to be publically disclosed. If they (Nissan) did, it'd be on their home website. And I might add...it's NOT at all wrong to mark-up a money factor, it's one of the ways that Dealers are allowed to make more of a profit. Any deceit thereof, or deceptive transgressions about a 'car deal' is just plain wrong at that point. Dealers don't automatically give customers the lowest MF that's allowable and they aren't required to either, unless, a particular "lease special" states that the MF can not be marked-up. It's standard practice and very much legal. If you are paying interest to a bank or credit union, even at their "buy-rate", they are still making money off of you at an undisclosed rate lower than the lowest one they offered you. Stardard business practice.

Just sayin'...
Well that is fine and good. But I have the highest FICO score you can have and Nissan puts it in the advertising at 4.9% or money factor .00204. I do agree that if your FICO is low the deal may want to protect or get something extra but to do that to the most credit worthy person is wrong. Do above board.

Why do the dealer and I did not miss type that while other dealers are on top of the table with here is the price and here is the 4.9% lease rate. I can live with that all day long.

Now SOME DEALERS used dishonest I believe to lock you I to a price then use this to take it back. Where is profit if you sale at a lower cost then you can afford then use this to get money back?

NOW WHY DO PEOPLE DISTRUST CAR SALESMAN!!!!

Back