Range Chart

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tony,
Your splended chart lists:

17.1% for LBW
8.5% for VLBW
1.4% for Turtle

Are those "exact" or approximate?

Yesterday (on old-Bars, which we think is the same as new-Bars for these percentages:
I saw LBW come on at 50 (or 49) raw, which is 17.9% (or 17.5%) of 281.

garygid said:
Tony,
Your splended chart lists:

17.1% for LBW
8.5% for VLBW
1.4% for Turtle

Are those "exact" or approximate?

Yesterday (on old-Bars, which we think is the same as new-Bars for these percentages:
I saw LBW come on at 50 (or 49) raw, which is 17.9% (or 17.5%) of 281.

I'm responding on the iPhone off the top of my head, but raw battery values for LBW can be as low as 48. You're the first I've read of 50, so not sure if that's a new/old bars issue, or higher summer temps on the battery, or something else.

VLW is 24 or 25.

Turtle... Well, do we really care? The party is over. ;-)

Stoaty said:
I would like to see the table expanded to cover 5.8 miles/KWh... which is my lifetime average. Thanks.

Here ya go...

LEAFrangeChartVersion7a75percentSize.jpg

TonyWilliams said:
Stoaty said:
I would like to see the table expanded to cover 5.8 miles/KWh... which is my lifetime average. Thanks.
Here ya go...
LEAFrangeChartVersion7a75percentSize.jpg

Tony, I forgot when you started these charts if the data is with ECO or 'D' because I always get higher numbers when I drive.

LEAFfan said:
Tony, I forgot when you started these charts if the data is with ECO or 'D' because I always get higher numbers when I drive.

ECO wouldn't apply.

The data is with the heater/air conditioning off, so there's no gain there with ECO, plus you are free to adjust the climate control to whatever ECO mode might do.

Secondly, whilst cruising at 60mph on a level road, no wind, 70F day, the car will get the same 3.9 in ECO or D. The vehicle energy required to drive 60mph is physics. If ECO were to provide less power than D, the car would slow down from 60mph.

Let's say you're driving around and get 3.0 miles/kWh (regardless of speed), your range is still a very simple 3.0 * 21, or 63 miles total. It doesn't matter if you were in D or ECO to get that 3.0 number.

Where you have an advantage in ECO is more aggressive regen braking, easier to slowly accelerate the vehicle, and the previously mentioned climate control issues.

LEAFfan said:
The important thing is to have awareness of what mpk YOU get when you drive at a particular speed, or over a particular route. Then just pick the column that matches your personal expected performance.

TonyWilliams said:
Update 7b; Battery units measured in "Gids".

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=101293#p101293" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ok, I'll bite - what are "Gids"??

Edit: NVM, I think I figured it out. Must be that garygid gets the measurement unit for the SOC meter named after him ;)

johnr said:
TonyWilliams said:
Update 7b; Battery units measured in "Gids".

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=101293#p101293" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ok, I'll bite - what are "Gids"??

Edit: NVM, I think I figured it out. Must be that garygid gets the measurement unit for the SOC meter named after him ;)

The 'raw' number for the SOC%.

Back