Received the mail from Nissan today (Apr 22)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwalsh

Leaf Supporting Member
The email SBNissanLeaf suggested should be coming today just arrived. It reads as follows:

"Congratulations, you're about to become a part of motoring history

Michael, thank you for reserving a Nissan LEAF™. you live in an area that will be one of the first to start the order process, which begins in August and continues for the next few months. during this time, you'll be notified when to contact your dealer. together, you will confirm your options, and talk about price, trade-ins and any incentives that are available.

When sales commence in December 2010, limited quantities available in select markets/states thru online reservation system. Increased avail. in spring 2011 with full market rollout thru 2012. At start of sale, one order per household address until avail. increases.

Always wear your seat belt, and please don't drink and drive. ©2010 Nissan North America, Inc.

If your e-mail address has changed, please click here to update it.

This e-mail was sent in response to your interest in Nissan LEAF™ and will provide you information about the status of your reservation. This is not a promotional e-mail from Nissan. If you have previously elected not to receive promotional e-mails from Nissan we will continue to honor your request and only contact you with transactional information tied to your Nissan LEAF reservation."

Well, it was mentioned elsewhere that we should be expecting an email from Nissan today - I got mine, but it really doesn't have any more details. I guess I was hoping for more, but oh well.

Nissan said:
Jason, thank you for reserving a Nissan LEAF™. you live in an area that will be one of the first to start the order process, which begins in August and continues for the next few months. during this time, you'll be notified when to contact your dealer. together, you will confirm your options, and talk about price, trade-ins and any incentives that are available.

mwalsh said:
Beat you to it, by 3 minutes. :p

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=390
Yup, saw that, and went to delete mine, but... can't seem to do it. Any mods out there, please feel free to kill this topic, no need to merge.

JasonT said:
mwalsh said:
Beat you to it, by 3 minutes. :p

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=390
Yup, saw that, and went to delete mine, but... can't seem to do it. Any mods out there, please feel free to kill this topic, no need to merge.

LOL!

They can probably go ahead and delete mine, since there are no responses to it yet.

I was a little bummed (ok, a lot bummed) that there wasn't any more info in here. In fact, I had to go back to check to see if this wasn't a dupe of the original email I got from Nissan when I placed the reservation. I know more info will be coming, but sooner would be better than later :)

I wonder what the email was for people not "in an area that will be one of the first to start the order process"

I'm actually surprised about this.

you live in an area that will be one of the first to start the order process, which begins in August and continues for the next few months. during this time, you'll be notified when to contact your dealer.

I thought they will contact us about an electrician visit to check for EVSE installation first.

But, more importantly, what the below means is that in August essentially we will confirm the final price - and possibly sign some contract. This way we won't have any nasty price related surprises in December, which is great. If the dealer isn't being "co-operative" we could possibly look for another dealer too.

together, you will confirm your options, and talk about price, trade-ins and any incentives that are available.

I wonder how trade-in will work now - 4 months before delivery. We will decide on the price now but drive the trade-in car for 4 more months ?

Not that I was surprised, but my email was a great deal more generic and only promised to give more info on June 30th. Ah, Pennsylvania, far from the Capital of EV !
:)

I also got the same message, both for my Orange County (Laguna Hills 92653)
address and for the "summer home" address in the San Diego area (La Jolla, 92037):

"Gary, thank you for reserving a Nissan LEAF™. you live in an area that will be one of the first to start the order process, which begins in August and continues for the next few months. during this time, you'll be notified when to contact your dealer. together, you will confirm your options, and talk about price, trade-ins and any incentives that are available."

Interesting that both areas got the same message, with the
"in an area that will be one of the first" ... verbage.

Yes, because those of us who ARE NOT in the initial areas received a very different email:

"Mitchell, thank you for reserving a Nissan LEAF™. we will be in touch by June 30 to provide you with further instructions and help you get even closer to driving emissions-free.* "

and that's it, besides the standard stuff at the bottom:

"When sales commence in December 2010, limited quantities available in select markets/states thru online reservation system. Increased avail. in spring 2011 with full market rollout thru 2012. At start of sale, one order per household address until avail. increases.

Always wear your seat belt, and please don't drink and drive. ©2010 Nissan North America, Inc.

If your e-mail address has changed, please click here to update it.

This e-mail was sent in response to your interest in Nissan LEAF™ and will provide you information about the status of your reservation. This is not a promotional e-mail from Nissan. If you have previously elected not to receive promotional e-mails from Nissan we will continue to honor your request and only contact you with transactional information tied to your Nissan LEAF reservation.

To view Nissan's privacy policy, click here.

Nissan E-Mail Marketing
8900 Freeport Parkway
Irving, TX 75063 "

It's pretty clear we (non initial area buyers) won't be seeing them anytime soon....

Ok, ... it is interesting to discover that southern Orange County (Laguna Hills) is apparently being included in the "first" region.

I had expected Laguna Hills (75 miles from downtown San Diego) to be "outside" the "first" area, and made a Reservation for the "summer house" just to see if it got an earlier opportunity to purchase, and thus a chance at the CA $5000 rebate.

But, there might still be a "before-first" list of those who will participate in the EV Study.

garygid said:
Ok, ... it is interesting to discover that southern Orange County (Laguna Hills) is apparently being included in the "first" region.

I had expected Laguna Hills (75 miles from downtown San Diego) to be "outside" the "first" area, and made a Reservation for the "summer house" just to see if it got an earlier opportunity to purchase, and thus a chance at the CA $5000 rebate.

But, there might still be a "before-first" list of those who will participate in the EV Study.

And central (or is Garden Grove northern?) Orange County!

I am somewhat worried about the "before-first" list too. What if all the EV project participants get their cars first?!? That'll be the first 4700 cars across the four states participating!

What I'm rather hoping is that they don't fill all 4700 slots, and start looking a bit further afield for participants. Perhaps then my application will get some consideration. Wouldn't mind at all getting a free EVSE!

They are probably (correctly so) assuming most of the people putting a deposit down on the Leaf in the 5 roll out states ARE participating in the EV project, why wouldn't they be? It's a free $2200 charger, for letting them collect charging/use data...

I contend the lists are almost identitical, except if someone is too far outside the zipcodes they are using for the EV project, or they opt out/don't participate for some other reason.

The reason those 5 states have been chosen is BECAUSE of the already installed EV charging infrastructure, due to the EV project :)

The "free" EVSE offer apparently only pays the first $2000, and it seems to be an eTec model EVSE rather than the AV (AeroVironment) model EVSE that Nissan appears to be "arranging".

Perhaps the eTec model EVSE has the monitoring, internal date and time chip, data-logging, and communication features, but the AV model does not.

Has anybody seen estimates for the price of the eTec "free" model, including installation?

mitch672 said:
They are probably (correctly so) assuming most of the people putting a deposit down on the Leaf in the 5 roll out states ARE participating in the EV project, why wouldn't they be? It's a free $2200 charger, for letting them collect charging/use data...

I'm not sure about this whole EV project. It's supposed to be limited to the 11 cities participating, but then I've heard of folks in Los Angeles (not a participating city) being offered chargers. Then there's me, who applied and heard nothing. Not even a response to emails I've sent to find out if there is even a possibility or not.

Got the "congratulations" email, guess I wasn't as far in the boonies as I thought....Kelseyville, CA but about 50mi from Santa Rosa.

Back