Replacement component recommendation for stock cordset

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richard

I have a stock cordset that was blown out (previous owner supposedly connected it to 240VAC..) I'm mainly interested in the cord and connector for use with chris1howell's OpenEVSE board that should be arriving shortly.

I'd like to get the EVSE working too, if I can repair it cheaply. I was troubleshooting it yesterday and suspected that the internal power supply/transformer was blown out.

8e75edd4b1b20c0aac81a8c29600505e

There was no continuity on the primary winding, and no output voltage.

I tossed the transformer and bypassed it temporarily with a landscape sprinkler transformer, and the board now lights up.

8e75edd4b1b20c0aac81a8c29600420c

Can someone point me to a replacement power supply? This component has been mentioned in other threads and I understand that it can be replaced with a "universal" supply, but I'd appreciate a part number that is known to work.

Thanks!

Usually, Nissan does not offer parts to fix assemblies.
Nissan buys the whole EVSE assembly from Panasonic.

Nobody has posted a source for the transformer part, I believe.
Or, for any other internal part of the "stock" EVSE.

You could get it Upgraded to 120/240v operation by Ingineer,
which will "fix" it at the same time.

Although the Upgrade is a bit more expensive than a "fix",
consider your time in trying to find the right part, and
the added function that the upgraded EVSE provides.

see post here for info on switching out power.
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=5784&start=120" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

you can get your unit working by simply getting a 12V power adapter and wire (-) to ground and +12V to Pin3 of the 7812 regulator (thing with the heatsink)
if you are not going to put in 240V, then that is all you need to do, if you want 240V, then see post in link above.

jclemens said:
see post here for info on switching out power.
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=5784&start=120" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

you can get your unit working by simply getting a 12V power adapter and wire (-) to ground and +12V to Pin3 of the 7812 regulator (thing with the heatsink)
if you are not going to put in 240V, then that is all you need to do, if you want 240V, then see post in link above.

Thanks for the tip. I did have a spare 12V transformer (120VAC to 12VAC output, 13.8V open circuit), and was able to confirm this works. I tested by charging the car for about 5 hours this way with no problems.

The supply is the 120VAC large white connector with white wires and the output (anything in the range of 12-24VAC seems to be OK) can be wired to the small white connector with yellow wires as you can see in the photo above. Polarity shouldn't matter on either side.

Send your unit to EVSE Upgrade and if you purchase an upgrade they will likely fix it for free and you will have an 3.8kw 120/240V unit. You can't buy parts for the unit.

richard said:
Can someone point me to a replacement power supply? This component has been mentioned in other threads and I understand that it can be replaced with a "universal" supply, but I'd appreciate a part number that is known to work.
Might be worth giving AMC's OEM service a shot. Let us know what you have learned!

http://amc.en.alibaba.com/column/208275081/OEM_service.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back