Report about your may 1st reservation

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Luft said:
Nissan is telling people that new orders will come in 9 to 12 weeks. :ugeek:

Did you speak to Mr. Nissan himself? If not, who exactly is this Nissan of whom you speak? The confirmation email that I received from Nissan says: "Your Nissan LEAF will take approximately 3 - 4 months from your order date to its arrival at your dealer." My dealer thinks it will probably be more like 5 months.

oakwcj said:
Luft said:
Nissan is telling people that new orders will come in 9 to 12 weeks. :ugeek:

Did you speak to Mr. Nissan himself? If not, who exactly is this Nissan of whom you speak? The confirmation email that I received from Nissan says: "Your Nissan LEAF will take approximately 3 - 4 months from your order date to its arrival at your dealer." My dealer thinks it will probably be more like 5 months.

Yes, it was Mr. Nissan himself. :lol:

I'm pretty sure the dealers have been instructed to give people shall we say an optimistic ETA.

seems like they are passing out new reservations pretty liberally

Anyone who registered in a launch state by last september should be getting an eamil now

not sure what we can learn from this

we would all like to see the data and see what true demand is for this car

that will determine when tier 2 opens up

low conversion to real orders= sooner tier 2

high conversion to order = later fall winter or early 2012 for first tier 2 orders

kmp647 said:
seems like they are passing out new reservations pretty liberally

Anyone who registered in a launch state by last september should be getting an eamil now

not sure what we can learn from this

we would all like to see the data and see what true demand is for this car

that will determine when tier 2 opens up

low conversion to real orders= sooner tier 2

high conversion to order = later fall winter or early 2012 for first tier 2 orders

I read somewhere they have 250,000 registered wanabes on the LEAF site.. They said they had 20,000 orders in the last batch yet only some 400 plus cars in the USA to date.. So.. MY guess is they ramp up in Japan and get the USA plant going and we will see it get faster.. But they have plenty of demand right now.. Frankly I cant want for the USA Plant to add the LEAF smart move on Nissan.

For what it's worth, I registered last summer but put off on reserving until I could test drive. By that point, unfortunately, the 20,000 was already filled, so I ended up stuck and waiting.

May 6th, I got the reservation e-mail. Went first thing in the morning and reserved; I'd already had my car configured ahead of time and a dealer picked, so within a couple hours I had the RAQ e-mail. Hit go on the quote, and within a few hours I had a phonecall from Ray at Campbell-Nelson, and firmed up the order. Then it sat with a delivery date of 'Pending' for a while, but now it claims August 2011.

Nissan just emailed me and my Local Dealer confirmed. I have a Delivery date of Aug 2011..!!

If that holds true that is great..

Ordered on May 07 and received a confirmation email last week that I would be receiving it by Aug. Hopefully there right and not just blowing smoke. They should be erroring on the side of caution like most companies do when shipping items. Anyway I'm glad I at least have a chance of receiving it by Aug. my current car is on its last legs.

marccbr said:
Ordered on May 07 and received a confirmation email last week that I would be receiving it by Aug. Hopefully there right and not just blowing smoke. They should be erroring on the side of caution like most companies do when shipping items. Anyway I'm glad I at least have a chance of receiving it by Aug. my current car is on its last legs.

The Sales Guy at Santa Barbara Nissan did tell me this before we reserved our leaf to.. So i hope you are right.. and i hope everyone before us gets there cars ASAP.. so they don't egg mine :)

Update..

Just got a Call from SB Nissan.. Thy tell me They have my car ! :) Apparently they just had one in my color delivered but the buyer backed out and bought a Prius instead.. SO.. Good news for me . I am next on the list here in Santa Barbara, So they just called and said Come get it!!.

Ill go check it out tonight and report back.. Now to haggle about my ZAP PK EV Trade in :).. This should be fun..

Well that is cool. I wish that would happen to me. I don't think my current car will even make it the 2.5 months that it will take to get the LEAF. If there delivery estimation is correct.

Very cool. Just got back from My Test Drive.. Ill pick up the car tomorrow and take in my ZAP EV for Trade in.. Ill have my new Leaf in my garage tomorrow night!..

SO much for Deliver in August:) .. But FYI This was a Car for a person that ordered in the first round.. The car was supposed to be delivered in January.. So they got impatient and bought a Prius..
I was next in line so i get it :).. Car looked great. drove great.. Now to find some one to redo the seats in Leather and ill be all set..

Vin # 4514

Any additional "may 1st reservation" orders ?

Nissan reported gettingabout 1,000 additional orders from reopening on May 1st

seems like they might be needing some more orders :D :D :D

We got your orders here in tier 2 !

So the back story on my LEAF is that it was built for a Customer that Ordered Last Year. One of the Lost 400.. But The car was washed off the Dock when the Tsunami hit.. So they built a new car for the Customer.. IT took them until June to get His Replacement, but the Original buyer gave up on waiting on bought a Prius.. But .. IT does sound like Nissan Made a very big effort to get those that have been stuck in limbo back on track.. When this was delivered they received 4 more cars. 3 of those cars were claimed by folks that were out of town or sitting on the fence.. So the dealer thought they would all get moved to someone else down the line as the original orders were not responding..

So don't give up in fact I think things are moving much faster now... But You must be in the Roll Out market.. IF you are not don't expect anything from Nissan until they open the up the market to the rest of the country.

I stayed up until 2 am May 1st trying to reserve then gave up and went to bed. Got an email May 4th and reserved. I picked the SV model, dealership, completed the eTec application, and accepted dealer quote. They said 3-4 months until delivery. I got a call a couple days later saying I would not qualify for eTec without the SL model with quick charge port. I contacted Nissan and emailed my dealer and requested an order change. They said they could change my order but it could push me back in line for delivery. After a new email quote, my dealer put in the order change. My dashboard changed to order pending and stayed pending for 2-3 weeks. One day it changed to order complete, delivery still pending and my dealer sent me an email the next day confirming the order change. I called eTec and asked about my first application and how I changed my order. He asked me to fill out the survey again. After filling it out and calling back to check to see if he got it, I asked him if I would qualify for a free Blink and asked for my zip. After giving it to him he said I qualify for the Blink and went on to explain how they will cover $1250 of install costs and the Blink unit is free as long as I participate in the program for 1 year. After that the Blink is mine. I will need to cover any installation cost over the $1250. MY dashboard still says eTec application pending.
Is everyone in the correct zip still getting free Blinks? I thought I read over 8,000 will be installed. Nissan hasn't sold that many Leafs yet in the US, right?

Estimated delivery is now October.

I'm getting a free charger. They even said they would cover the $750 price of the QC which I was going to have to cover before I got accepted to eTec. Still haven't gotten the home estimate yet, they must be behind or just waiting till the delivery date gets closer.

Back