Report from 10K

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mxp said:
I will be closely monitoring your progress with the Leaf. You've definitely set the bar here. :)

In general, I read the threads here about the long term detriments of 100% charging. I am quite fearful of doing 100% charges even for 3 -4 times per week but I don't have a choice. I guess I will have to wait and see what happens over time.
I see no reason to be "fearful". Any degradation seen will be incremental. I charge to 80% when convenient, but I don't hesitate to do a 100% charge if I anticipate even a possibility of needing it.

+1

davewill said:
mxp said:
I will be closely monitoring your progress with the Leaf. You've definitely set the bar here. :)

In general, I read the threads here about the long term detriments of 100% charging. I am quite fearful of doing 100% charges even for 3 -4 times per week but I don't have a choice. I guess I will have to wait and see what happens over time.
I see no reason to be "fearful". Any degradation seen will be incremental. I charge to 80% when convenient, but I don't hesitate to do a 100% charge if I anticipate even a possibility of needing it.

mossyleaf said:
Wih my recent re-locate to Murrieta, 56 miles each way and 100% charging twice a day I'll be coming after you with those miles.
That's a commute. :) Will the EV stickers get you into the HOV lines on I15?

How fast are you driving and how many bars do you have left after reaching your destination?

I'm already rock'in my hov stickers and lovin it :p . I do avg about 70-75mph and get to work with 2 or 3 bars depending. If I hit a little traffic in Escondido before the hov lane it's 3 bars if I sail by it's 2. I have some major hills on my commute and have been really impressed how the Leaf handles them and the amount of power used in the process. Interestingly it seems to take more energy to get home than to work according to the carwings data.

mossyleaf said:
Interestingly it seems to take more energy to get home than to work according to the carwings data.
No surprise there, Murrieta is quite a ways inland. I'd guess 500-1000 ft higher than Kearny Mesa.

Herm said:
I wonder if the glass on the Leaf is too thin.

It can't be, there are DOT standards on windshield glass, since it's part of the support system for the vehicle in the case of a rollover. Just random -luck- here I think.

sirfergy said:
Where I live it's expected to have a broken windshield, too many trucks on the freeways. :(

In Florida gravel trucks are expected to have a folding tarp to keep the gravel from flying off, and its enforced.

mossyleaf said:
I'm already rock'in my hov stickers and lovin it :p . I do avg about 70-75mph and get to work with 2 or 3 bars depending. If I hit a little traffic in Escondido before the hov lane it's 3 bars if I sail by it's 2. I have some major hills on my commute and have been really impressed how the Leaf handles them and the amount of power used in the process. Interestingly it seems to take more energy to get home than to work according to the carwings data.

You probably pass me each morning. I'm the Silver Leaf doing 55-60mph in the HOV down to Kearny Mesa. I charge to 80% and have about 10-13 miles left each day commuting from San Marcos. I actually carpool, but I noticed I get an extra 4-5 miles when I don't carpool.

Jimmydreams said:
Today, on the way to work, my dashboard showed this:

photo.jpg

I've had the car exactly 6 months and 1 day.

As of my last electric bill, I am averaging $.034/mile since January. Last month my bill was down to $.028/mi since I have dialed in my charging into super-off peak times.

So far, no issues with the car, tires, or brakes. I DID find a crack in the windshield yesterday which was the result of a rock on the freeway. Bummer, but things like that DO happen.

Still loving the car.... :mrgreen:

Congrats on reaching the milestone!
Did you take your car in for maintenance? If so, how did it go? Did they give you the results of the battery test?

Just wanted to add my 10K mileage report. Hit it early yesterday morning! The Leaf is our only car though and I drive roughly 60 miles a day and we usually do about 100 miles of driving on the weekends. Did the 7,500 mile tire rotation at the dealership just to see what they would do. Cost $15 and included a pretty good car wash.

No other issues to report. Still love visiting the new charging stations as they come online!

DarkStar said:
Still love visiting the new charging stations as they come online!

Sarcastic responses - choose one:

1) Me too, but I only visit them in my DREAMS...
2) I hate you.
3) Since it's Oregon, are they all full serve?
4) What's a "new charging station"?
5) There is no number 5.

Congrats on the 10K milestone, that's awesome! We are at 6500, all solar powered, and the commute the car is used on just got cut in half so we're going to have some extra energy/miles to put into goofing around on the weekends.

Our LEAF turned over 10,000 miles last week. My wife drives it daily to work, 73 miles round trip and comes home with 2 red bars remaining. She's taken to driving an EV like a duck to water :lol:

I get weekend privileges ;)

I'm over 11,000 miles also. Since May 3 delivery, with two weeks of vacation when the car sat.

My long days are up to 130 miles. Typical day is 80-90 miles. I've hit turtle 8 times now (the first two were walking events, but that doesn't happen any more). It's normal for me to regularly drive many miles into VeryLowBattery.

One huge plus of a battery car is the predictability of range, that is a bit more difficult in a gas burner.

I normally only charge to 80%, and charge during the day, mostly at my house.

Back